Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [trinner] [ In reply to ]

"In my mind, I've already completed all 50 triathlons."

So she did it.

A lot of us should feel ashamed now. To be fair, I will contact here and offer my congratulations on her accomplishment and of course, donate to her charity.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jul 19, 18 11:29

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]

Fishbum wrote:
... not to mention she looks like a freaking dude.

So?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

Soooooo.. just my opinion.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

That is a great movie however I don't quite see how my opinion equates to doing something stupid. There's already plenty of stupid stuff in this thread i e in my mind I've already done 50 for 50 LOL.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [chuy] [ In reply to ]

chuy wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
He can run a 4:15 mile but can’t do better than 13 hour IM....???

Is it just me or does it seem that someone who runs a 4:15 mile would have run D1 in college somewhere?

That would be about a 3:56 1500m, which would be a DIII championship qualifying time. Having run DIII track, I can't recall anyone of his build running this time let alone running this distance at all...and that was DIII where just about anyone can participate.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com

Fishbum wrote:
That is a great movie however I don't quite see how my opinion equates to doing something stupid. There's already plenty of stupid stuff in this thread i e in my mind I've already done 50 for 50 LOL.

Oh, i had no beef with that; just that who cares if she looks like a dude?

That's fair.... I think it was just my disgust coming through when I read what she said in her mind she already done all 50 IronMans.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [allenpg] [ In reply to ]

How are these guys not constantly going catabolic?

The average lifters muscles start screaming for calories and proteins every 2 hours even just resting ... How does that work if your spending the greater part of the day doing cardio? Chicken drumsticks and boiled eggs in the bento?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

She also finally said 50 Iron Distance Triathlons in that video from a day ago on the caption...enjoy chica.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]

lacticturkey wrote:
How are these guys not constantly going catabolic?

The average lifters muscles start screaming for calories and proteins every 2 hours even just resting ... How does that work if your spending the greater part of the day doing cardio? Chicken drumsticks and boiled eggs in the bento?

Steroids are a helluva drug.

I wonder what would show up on his WADA doping test?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com

RandMart wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

So?

So it's not only not relevant, but a bit churlish to bring your own messed-up opinion about femininity into this. What, shaming a woman because she's too fit is a thing now? Care to unload on, oh, I don't know, EVERY FEMALE PRO TRIATHLETE next? Jeez.

I mean, the 50/50/50 is nuts, I'm on the record for day 3 and done, whatever, but bringing her appearance into it is not cool.

That's what RandMart meant, yeah?

-Eric

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]

That sounded so angry I'm not sure if you were serious or if that was satire but regardless of which one it was its a great laugh.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

Sanuk wrote:
"In my mind, I've already completed all 50 triathlons."

So she did it.

A lot of us should feel ashamed now. To be fair, I will contact here and offer my congratulations on her accomplishment and of course, donate to her charity.

YES she did, she is amazing, and it took her less than 50 days! HERO

Now we all have to switch out minds and believe in human strength and spirit, something that looked so hard and impossible was achieved, we are witnessing small step in Tri history becoming a norm. Tomorrow you and me will do the same, year from now everyone will do 50 IM in one day. Who knows, slow twitch might become fast twitch one day.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]

https://barbend.com/alex-viada-hybrid-training-interview/

"the competitive streak, or the high intensity, the “I’m gonna go rip the head off of a chicken” craziness you get when you lift..."

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]

"the competitive streak, or the high intensity, the “I’m gonna go rip the head off of a chicken” craziness you get when you lift..."

And that's not the drugs talking.

Fishbum wrote:
If we can get the particulars at each location slowtwitch as a community has the resources to monitor her and ensure she is doing the actual distance. Or at the very least just go act like a bunch of soccer hooligans:)

If she makes it to Jacksonville, I'll gladly go down there and eat crow. I'll even join her for the day

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [lschaan] [ In reply to ]

lschaan wrote:
trinner wrote:
I'm surprised no one mentioned this from her Instagram yesterday: "In my mind, I've already completed all 50 triathlons."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

In my mind, I've had sex with the world's top 50 most beautiful women.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [mickison] [ In reply to ]

mickison wrote:
lschaan wrote:
trinner wrote:
I'm surprised no one mentioned this from her Instagram yesterday: "In my mind, I've already completed all 50 triathlons."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

In my mind, I've had sex with the world's top 50 most beautiful women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Npghs-DMig

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]

EricTheBiking wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

So?

So it's not only not relevant, but a bit churlish to bring your own messed-up opinion about femininity into this. What, shaming a woman because she's too fit is a thing now? Care to unload on, oh, I don't know, EVERY FEMALE PRO TRIATHLETE next? Jeez.

I mean, the 50/50/50 is nuts, I'm on the record for day 3 and done, whatever, but bringing her appearance into it is not cool.

-Eric

She doesn't even look like a dude so I don't know where that guy is coming from...now she looks like a chick you'd want to breed Warriors sons with for sure.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

TheStroBro wrote:
EricTheBiking wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

So?

-Eric

She doesn't even look like a dude so I don't know where that guy is coming from...now she looks like a chick you'd want to breed Warriors sons with for sure.

IMO there isn't anything attractive about women built like that. But if you want to breed with that it's your choice. Besides she is a super athlete who's doing IronMans in her mind....lol

Fishbum wrote:

IMO there isn't anything attractive about women built like that. But if you want to breed with that it's your choice. Besides she is a super athlete who's doing IronMans in her mind....lol

What's the problem with being fit to fight? You're basically saying the chick needs to throw some rolls on. Do you also say Gwen Jorgensen is too lean?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

TheStroBro wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

What's the problem with being fit to fight? You're basically saying the chick needs to throw some rolls on. Do you also say Gwen Jorgensen is too lean?

No I'm cool with skinny and fit. My wife is a runner and has done some Tri. It's just the overly muscled women. Gwen has a good build.

Weird how far this PC crap has gone.

People now dictating to us who and why we are allowed to be attracted to.

Plenty of trans girls complaining that men aren’t attracted to them and therefore they and transphobic and have to work through their issues until they find them attractive.

Because of evolution most men are attracted to women with over 15-20% body fat due to ammenoreah being very common with lower body fat.

And most men aren’t attracted to overly muscly women because they look more like men.

Some men are attracted to these types and probably all men if they had no other choice but you shouldn’t get upset at men for saying who they find attractive. Especially when girls like this build their whole lives on wanting people to find them attractive.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [avagoyamug] [ In reply to ]

I was just stating my opinion. Maybe not the most elegant way to say it but oh well. But we all have different taste.

Prev Next