Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]

Day 13, lays the bike down due to exhaustion.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]

put me down for day 5. "illness"

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [alexer03] [ In reply to ]

50 Days Ironmans DEADPOOL

DAY REASON SLOWTWITCHER

1 doesn’t actually Do a full Ironman - RBR
4 due to a mechanical issue (van, bike, shoes, equipment) - Twinkie

5 "Illness" like the flu, not sports related - chxddstri

5 falls so far behind time wise that she either doesn't start day 6 or has to bastardize her plans to keep going. - Chuy
6 Dehydration issues - ZenTriBrett
13 Lays the bike down due to exhaustion. - alexer03

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Jul 10, 18 15:14

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]

chxddstri wrote:

Might have to be more specific. Illness not related to activity, like the flu?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com

Day 5 falls so far behind time wise that she either doesn't start day 6 or has to bastardize her plans to keep going. I think during day 5 anything that we can deem "official" will be a DNF.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.

I say day 4, non-specificity of training catches up to her, and she doesn't make the time to logistically start day 5.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Day 3. Because the start time + the end time goes into day 4 already, and so it becomes really unpractical to continue. Fatigue.

-Eric

ZenTriBrett wrote:
chxddstri wrote:

Might have to be more specific. Illness not related to activity, like the flu?

Exactly. Illness not related to activity. (Flu, head cold, stomach bug, etc.)

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]

I can't wait for this to begin and unravel.

My guess is Day 7 due to "injury"

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]

Grant.Reuter wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:
50 Full distance ironman 70.3s... Like made from 100% genuine pleather

Btw, is it funny that the distance names 70.3 and 140.6 are accurate to one tenth decimal while races can be 5km off? Maybe they should be called 70ish and 140ish?

Even then. 50 full half 70somethingishs isn’t a walk in the park. Doing 13 miles a day on dead legs from biking for 50 day’s straight is still gonna blow the majority of people up by the end of the first week.

Most people on ST who can finish a half IM in 6 hours could complete 50 half IM's in 50 days.

here is how

start 8 am
easy swim 40 minutes
T2 eat breakfast 60-80 min

Start bike 10 am
bike 56 miles easy 4 hours, stop at 2 hour point for 60 min lunch break and social media chatting...ST posting
Bike finish 2 pm

start hiking eating a slice of pizza...hike for 6 K to 3 pm
start jogging at 4 pm. Jog for 1 hour to 15K to 5 pm
Starbucks 30 min break at 5pm
run restart 5:30 pm, walk for 6K to 6:30 pm

shower and dinner by 7 pm

Now you have 13 hours to start line for the next day.

Rest, repeat. This is only 9K per day or jogging and 12K per day of walking. Legs should not get shredded by this. The biking seriously anyone who can do a 6 hour half IM, can ride daily for 2 months at 25 kph for 2 months with zero problmes. Bike touring guys do this all the time and this plan is half of that. Swimming 40 minutes per day is nothing.

50x50 half IM's if you do the run slow enough with enough walking most of you guys can get through.

Put me down for Day 4. (completes 3)

The reason will be a "logistical issue" getting the vehicle to the next start. Maybe a "mechanical" on the vehicle, or a "wrong turn" or "bad directions" but definitely not because of fatigue...

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]

devashish_paul wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:

Btw, is it funny that the distance names 70.3 and 140.6 are accurate to one tenth decimal while races can be 5km off? Maybe they should be called 70ish and 140ish?

Even then. 50 full half 70somethingishs isn’t a walk in the park. Doing 13 miles a day on dead legs from biking for 50 day’s straight is still gonna blow the majority of people up by the end of the first week.

Most people on ST who can finish a half IM in 6 hours could complete 50 half IM's in 50 days.

here is how

start 8 am
easy swim 40 minutes

Start bike 10 am
bike 56 miles easy 4 hours, stop at 2 hour point for 60 min lunch break and social media chatting...ST posting
Bike finish 2 pm

Rest, repeat. This is only 9K per day or jogging and 12K per day of walking. Legs should not get shredded by this. The biking seriously anyone who can do a 6 hour half IM, can ride daily for 2 months at 25 kph for 2 months with zero problmes. Bike touring guys do this all the time and this plan is half of that. Swimming 40 minutes per day is nothing.

50x50 half IM's if you do the run slow enough with enough walking most of you guys can get through.

That actually just sounds like a really awesome vacation.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

Sanuk wrote:
IF she was claiming that she did a full Ironman

If she is saying she is doing "50 Ironman triathlons in 50 days", people who know what an Ironman triathlon is will object if she does a shorter distance. Even if it's not a set distance, most people who have heard of triathlons associate the Ironman with Hawaii, not the local Olympic race.

She is using the headline and if she then changes the distance, it's on her. If she said "50 days of swim/bike/run" without specifying the distance, no one would object. She didn't do that because it doesn't look as impressive. If she is going to use headlines to get attention (and donations), then she has to do the distance and it's fair game to call her out. You can't have it both ways.

To be fair to hear she hasn't claimed to have done anything yet, she is only vocalizing what she is aiming to do.

Now if she claims she completed this and fell short metrically well then if people have beef with it go ahead. But if she attempts and fails short while recognizing it no one can really fault her for it. Yeah maybe she used the headline to drive donations and awareness, but if she isn't claiming to be someone that she isn't is it really that bad?

After all we have people on her raising money via gofundme so they can vacation to Kona to do just 1 of these. Or better yet claiming to be Ironamns on short courses or cancelled swim courses. If anyone on this page did a race that was short or had a discipline cancelled then its a bit contradictory even if it was out of their control. Could've always done the full distance any other day.

I just don't get why people get so bothered about someone setting out a challenge for themselves and bringing attention to an area that needs attention.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [CU427] [ In reply to ]

CU427 wrote:

I just don't get why people get so bothered about someone setting out a challenge for themselves and bringing attention to an area that needs attention.

Is the area that needs attention her YouTube channel, Facebook page or Instagram account?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]

The following is meant to be in pink:

Well the keto adapted crossfit guys don't even need aid stations for an ironman. One stop on the bike for some eggs and bacon (of course only after their fasting window ends) should be plenty. And a salad with steak and olive oil after the finishline will be everything they need for the next day.

And the training is also much easier. No need to do any steady cardio when you can do tabata sprints three times a week to complement the weight lifting.
Thats all aerobic conditioning they need.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40

ZenTriBrett wrote:

DAY REASON SLOWTWITCHER

5 falls so far behind time wise that she either doesn't start day 6 or has to bastardize her plans to keep going. - Chuy

Can we get an updated list? This is so fun haha Im really excited.
If I were a super millionaire - I would match the total raised by this woman and write a check to be donated to the winners charity of their choosing.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [windschatten] [ In reply to ]

windschatten wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:

here is how

start 8 am
easy swim 40 minutes

Start bike 10 am
Bike finish 2 pm

Yeah, that's what I think will happen.

So put me down for Day 1:

Failure to complete a single regular Iron Distance Triathlon (+/- 10% distance) while following the general practiced USAT competitive rules for Multi-Iron distance Triathlons.
Such as the on the UltraMan website: http://ultramanlive.com/...rules-and-guidlines/.
Repeat:
Not a Single One following Ironman rules.

Case closed for the attentionwhores

Day 1 doesn’t complete true Ironman
Already take

No repeats.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

Sanuk wrote:
Let's get real here. Someone doing something similar to what we do but many days consecutively hurts our egos real bad and that's the reason to argue how she uses the word ironman

I know a former co-workder who ran a race advertised as a "marathon". It was actually 20 km, which is less than half the distance but to this day, he claims he completed a marathon. He says a marathon is not a distance but what the race organizers say it is and since they advertised a marathon, he's good.

Anyone who actually completed a marathon who challenges him and says he didn't run a marathon, just has a hurt ego. Right?

LOL, we used to have a local ride named "Ironman Bike Ride" with distances of 25,45,55, and 100 miles. I have a coworker who used to always do either the 25 or 45 and then want to compare notes on his Ironman vs. my Ironman ad nauseum. Honestly, I didn't really care that much, he's a nice guy just a bit clueless. Just a funny anecdote.

While I think some here are being a BIT too negative, I don't think the issue is "ego". I think most of us would have the exact same reaction to any number of other unrealistic athletic targets, regardless of the sport.

Sanuk wins whatever the prize is for being first, but this is my exact prediction also.

Sanuk wrote:
Put me down for Day 4. (completes 3)

The reason will be a "logistical issue" getting the vehicle to the next start. Maybe a "mechanical" on the vehicle, or a "wrong turn" or "bad directions" but definitely not because of fatigue...

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]

Twinkie wrote:
ZenTriBrett wrote:

DAY REASON SLOWTWITCHER

Can we get an updated list? This is so fun haha Im really excited.
If I were a super millionaire - I would match the total raised by this woman and write a check to be donated to the winners charity of their choosing.

Day 0 - Quits on 8/7 the day before officially starting due to “Sherpa issues”.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [lschaan] [ In reply to ]

Sanuk wrote:
Let's get real here. Someone doing something similar to what we do but many days consecutively hurts our egos real bad...

lschaan wrote:
While I think some here are being a BIT too negative, I don't think the issue is "ego". I think most of us would have the exact same reaction to any number of other unrealistic athletic targets, regardless of the sport.

Well I do think it's ego(s) and the arrogance that only 'we' know what a REAL triathlete is. Based on the ENDURANCE events she's done, I bet she'd beat most of the naysayers here in a single Ironman. Do I think she can finish 50? Without SERIOUS support I doubt it, but it'll be fun to watch. I think she'd have a better chance if she didn't start in Haiti and if she started in cooler parts of the country first. Time will tell...

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]

devashish_paul wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:

here is how

start 8 am
easy swim 40 minutes

Start bike 10 am
Bike finish 2 pm

Heh I actually did do this for a while 3 years ago except no walking. It's quite enjoyable

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Olu] [ In reply to ]

Agree to disagree Olu. The gist of what most "naysayers" said is that this challenge is impossible for mere mortals. This includes US! You yourself agree. Whether it's cool that she's attempting this or not is up for debate, but the implausibility is NOT in my opinion. Ego has nothing to do with it. What she proposed is impossible for her. Period. My reaction is the same as it would be if my 40 year old neighbor announced he was trying to become a pro golfer. Sincere hopes for success but deep skepticism.

I must be missing something, but what endurance results are you seeing that lead you to believe she'd be anything more than a MOP triathlete at best? Athlinks looks mediocre at best but may be missing some recent results?

Olu wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Let's get real here. Someone doing something similar to what we do but many days consecutively hurts our egos real bad...

lschaan wrote:

Well I do think it's ego(s) and the arrogance that only 'we' know what a REAL triathlete is. Based on the ENDURANCE events she's done, I bet she'd beat most of the naysayers here in a single Ironman. Do I think she can finish 50? Without SERIOUS support I doubt it, but it'll be fun to watch. I think she'd have a better chance if she didn't start in Haiti and if she started in cooler parts of the country first. Time will tell...

Prev Next