Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]

Grant.Reuter wrote:
If you actually called someone a tramp today half the people would wonder what in the world you’re talking about.

Haha I was just thinking this. Besides the Tony Bennett song and the Disney movie I don't think I've ever heard this word used in my lifetime.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [bryguy] [ In reply to ]

bryguy wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
If you actually called someone a tramp today half the people would wonder what in the world you’re talking about.

Haha I was just thinking this. Besides the Tony Bennett song and the Disney movie I don't think I've ever heard this word used in my lifetime.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [bryguy] [ In reply to ]

bryguy wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:

And come to think of it, Lady and the Tramp had the tramp as a male, which makes sense. Because y'know, it's a word for "walk", and was originally applied to wandering beggars.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Toby] [ In reply to ]

Toby wrote:
bryguy wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:

And come to think of it, Lady and the Tramp had the tramp as a male, which makes sense. Because y'know, it's a word for "walk", and was originally applied to wandering beggars.

Tramp stamp

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [satanellus] [ In reply to ]

She is ahead of schedule on getting 50 pages in 50 days.

Keep it up Ashley!

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ChandlerMyles] [ In reply to ]

this little detour the thread has taken is great, just like those damn out and backs through some residential neighborhood the WTC uses to get their bike courses to exactly 110 miles. (a bit annoying, but absolutely necessary)

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Ralph20] [ In reply to ]

Ralph20 wrote:
Yes, it does imply that. What other conclusion would you come to about a person having what you call a tramp stamp, other than that person is a tramp?

I have come to the conclusion that you are an idiot.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

We have a winner here, folks!

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

I didn't see anywhere where anyone specifically called her a w**** and a tramp. I used the term tramp stamp.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]

I wonder if she knows about this thread or even the slowtwitch website. can we somehow reach out to her I would love to hear what she has to say on all our thoughts LOL.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Ralph20] [ In reply to ]

Wait, I'm confused. Where is your moral outrage about the sexual implication from her trainer when he said "you can build an athlete who is powerful and a great sprinter and has great endurance and has an awesome snatch"?

What's that - you mean the term snatch be a weight-lifting move and a body part? Nope, I don't believe it, I think he was objectifying her, and you showed no outrage.

And BTW, the Urban Dictionary (since dictionaries are also being mentioned), defines "Ralph'd - When a hilarious pun or comment is made during a Facebook or Twitter conversation completely changing the conversation tone and makes readers literally LOL" - so good choice of screen name.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]

Fishbum wrote:
I wonder if she knows about this thread or even the slowtwitch website. can we somehow reach out to her I would love to hear what she has to say on all our thoughts LOL.

I think Slowtwitch was mentioned a couple of times on the coach's FB page and he said "I couldn't care less"

I don't know if that meant he's heard of us and couldn't care less of our opinion or has NOT heard of us and couldn't care enough to investigate further

RandMart wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

I think Slowtwitch was mentioned a couple of times on the coach's FB page and he said "I couldn't care less"

I don't know if that meant he's heard of us and couldn't care less of our opinion or has NOT heard of us and couldn't care enough to investigate further

So what you're saying is they care as much about us as they do about being honest with everyone about doing a legitimate 50/50

At least he didn't say "I could care less" or he would have really been attacked here...

Look, I get what you were trying to communicate with regards to the collective tone towards someone that is trying to get involved in triathlon and raising awareness /promotion of the sport. But you really lost your credibility by arguing that referring to a tramp stamp and being an attention whore are the same as an actual whore. Then you keep doubling down instead of just admitting you were wrong. That didn’t work for “Anita the cheata” and isn’t going to work for you.

What offends me and likely many other Slowtwitcher’s is that she isn’t trying to just complete a single Ironman with no prior triathlon experience utilizing CrossFit style training, but she is making a mockery of the distance by saying she can do 50 of them back to back. It took me years of build up and suffering to achieve 2 of them spaced two years apart. So ya - I personally think the attempt is ridiculous and is a publicity stunt but if she can pull it off, more power to her. I just won’t be following it or contribute to her narcissism.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]

No, it's mostly the CrossFit thing

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]

Would you contribute to the fundraiser, say $10 for every full 140.6 she does in 50 days with the stipulation that she gets tested for performance enhancing drugs and passes at the end of the 50 days?

I would totally throw that cash down.

I don't know how anyone would take you guys seriously with the way this thread is going, much less Ashley.

Ralph20 wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Toby wrote:
Ralph20 wrote:
this thread has managed to call her a whore

This thread has called her an attention whore. There's a difference (a massive difference) and you know it. Stop lying.

And someone said she should get an M-Dot tattoo "in the tramp stamp location"

Not actually calling her a tramp, however

Tramp stamp perfectly implies the person wearing it is a tramp. Hence the name, tramp stamp.

Lol you really are acting the fool now

Ralph20 wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Toby wrote:
Ralph20 wrote:
this thread has managed to call her a whore

This thread has called her an attention whore. There's a difference (a massive difference) and you know it. Stop lying.

And someone said she should get an M-Dot tattoo "in the tramp stamp location"

Not actually calling her a tramp, however

Tramp stamp perfectly implies the person wearing it is a tramp. Hence the name, tramp stamp.

Sidewalk implies preclusion of bicycles and skateboards. And slithering.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]

biglazybum wrote:
This just showed up in my news feed on my phone. I'm sure it will get plenty of discussion here, couldn't find anything yet:

https://www.usatoday.com/...s-50-days/750395002/

This thread is wildly popular. It must have exceeded your expectations.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [walie] [ In reply to ]

walie wrote:
I don't know how anyone would take you guys seriously with the way this thread is going, much less Ashley.

Cause the combined Ironman experience in this thread is most likely pushing well over 100 times the number she said she can complete in 50 days.

I have yet to see anyone come on here ask for advice and listen to that advice and not perform well. Ever.

Even my dumb hockey player self who never ran a mile before doing Tris, got into the low 2:10s for oly distance from listening to everyone on here.

There may be noise, but the signal to noise ratio is high enough that it will get you 90 percent of the way there if not more.

She seems like someone who is willing to beat the shit out of herself daily. If she had real advice and real training she’d actually probably do pretty well. But she doesn’t even know enough to know she doesn’t know what she is saying.
Last edited by: Grant.Reuter: Jul 25, 18 13:39

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ChandlerMyles] [ In reply to ]

ChandlerMyles wrote:
Would you contribute to the fundraiser, say $10 for every full 140.6 she does in 50 days with the stipulation that she gets tested for performance enhancing drugs and passes at the end of the 50 days?

I would totally throw that cash down.

Given the nature of the claim and the casual attitude towards understanding "an ironman", I'd need a hefty degree of certainty around her completion of the actual distances. Also, I'd still be torn, because I don't want to encourage people to attempt (or claim they'll attempt) things that are way over their head or they may not actually intend to complete or start just for fame or fundraising. Want to raise money through Ironman? Great! There are charity slots, and you an get others to donate based on their completion of the distance. You don't need to say you'll do 50.

I mean, if I said I'd run across the USA in a month for charity, would you donate because I made a stupid, crazy claim to attract attention to my charity? I'd rather charity money go to people who set realistic (even if very difficult) goals and achieve them rather than to people who make absurd claims and fail to deliver.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]

Grant.Reuter wrote:
... she doesn’t even know enough to know she doesn’t know what she is saying.

Her new theme song

You’re really on a roll today.

Prev Next