Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]

Pun_Times wrote:
She released her schedule on instagram. She also mentions she’s looking for an RV and a dedicated driver. Maybe it’s just me but it seems like you should have these things lined up more than a month in advance.

August
15th Virginia Beach, VA
16th Salisbury MD
17th Harrington DE
18th East Brunswick NJ
19th Clinton CT
20th Warwick RI
21st Plainville MA
22nd Portsmouth NH
23rd York ME
24th West Brattleboro VT
25th Albany, NY
26th Allentown, PA
27th Morganton, WV
28th Lexington KY
29th Cincy OH
30th Indianapolis IN
31st Kalamazoo MI
September
1st Chicago, ILL
2nd Madison WIS
3rd Rochester MIN
4th Des Moines IOWA
5th North KC, MO
6th Salina KS
7th North Platte, NE
8th Pierre, SD
9th Bismarck ND
10th billings MT
11th Jackson WYO
12th Boise ID
13th Kennewick WA
14th Klamath Falls OR
15th Fresno CA
16th LAsVegas NV (Olympia)
17th Flagstaff AR
18th Bluff, UT
19th Trinidad, CO
20th Santa Fe, NM
21st Armarillo, TX
22nd Tulsa, OK
23rd Little Rock, AR
24th Memphis, TN
25th Monroe, LA
26th Jackson, MS
27th Montgomery AL
28th ATLANTA, GA
29th Charlotte, NC
30th Columbia, SC
October
1st Jacksonville, FL

Well WTF she isn't going to HI or AK? This is such BS and a slap in the face to both states.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]

Lol classic magicians gag,

"ladies and gentleman, for my next trick I'm going to make a briefcase with 1000 dollar bills vanish from a helicopter.... (crowd gasps).... But first, does someone in the audience have a briefcase with 1000 dollar bills and a helicopter?"

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]

I like this guy, who just finished mowing yards for the elderly in all 50 states. https://www.krdo.com/...y-disabled/769442016

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com

If we can get the particulars at each location slowtwitch as a community has the resources to monitor her and ensure she is doing the actual distance. Or at the very least just go act like a bunch of soccer hooligans:)

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]

not just another "charity" stunt... Super cool!...

"Raising Men Lawn Care Service is designed to promote awareness for the youth of the future. It is a platform where the younger members of the community can give back to the community. This includes veterans, the elderly, the disabled and even single mothers. They get the chance to offer services such as mowing lawns, shoveling snow, raking leaves and more, free of charge. The youths who we work with are able to experience a great sense of achievement while also developing their social skills and lawn care experience."

ZenTriBrett wrote:
I like this guy, who just finished mowing yards for the elderly in all 50 states. https://www.krdo.com/...y-disabled/769442016

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]

I would totally do something like this. Ya know, if I didn't have the Wife, family, house, mortgage, etc.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/

Umm...yeah. One would think you’d have transportation worked out by now.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [CU427] [ In reply to ]

CU427 wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:
She released her schedule on instagram. She also mentions she’s looking for an RV and a dedicated driver. Maybe it’s just me but it seems like you should have these things lined up more than a month in advance.

August
15th Virginia Beach, VA
16th Salisbury MD
17th Harrington DE
18th East Brunswick NJ
19th Clinton CT
20th Warwick RI
21st Plainville MA
22nd Portsmouth NH
23rd York ME
24th West Brattleboro VT
25th Albany, NY
26th Allentown, PA
27th Morganton, WV
28th Lexington KY
29th Cincy OH
30th Indianapolis IN
31st Kalamazoo MI
September
1st Chicago, ILL
2nd Madison WIS
3rd Rochester MIN
4th Des Moines IOWA
5th North KC, MO
6th Salina KS
7th North Platte, NE
8th Pierre, SD
9th Bismarck ND
10th billings MT
11th Jackson WYO
12th Boise ID
13th Kennewick WA
14th Klamath Falls OR
15th Fresno CA
17th Flagstaff AR
18th Bluff, UT
19th Trinidad, CO
20th Santa Fe, NM
21st Armarillo, TX
22nd Tulsa, OK
23rd Little Rock, AR
24th Memphis, TN
25th Monroe, LA
26th Jackson, MS
27th Montgomery AL
28th ATLANTA, GA
29th Charlotte, NC
30th Columbia, SC
October
1st Jacksonville, FL

Well WTF she isn't going to HI or AK? This is such BS and a slap in the face to both states.

Anyone plot this out yet? After 12 hours / day of racing, it doesn't leave a tonne of time for travelling to the next stop for the next day I would think?

Pun_Times wrote:
August 29th - Cincy OH

If she makes it this far, one taste of Skyline Chili would destroy her

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [M~] [ In reply to ]

I mean, if she wants to be legit, why not do an official Ironman? Chattanooga is still open and she could go there instead of South Carolina.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]

alex_korr wrote:
Fresno and Las Vegas mid september? That cannot be for real, or at least outdoors. It will be hot as balls. I don't see it being feasible at all.

She is just jerking everyone around.

This whole thing is about promoting herself as a brand. She'll fail, but she'll gain attention and probably some media coverage. She'll raise at least some money for her cause. She'll dramatically increase her social media presence. For her, it will still be a win.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [CU427] [ In reply to ]

CU427 wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:

August
15th Virginia Beach, VA
16th Salisbury MD
17th Harrington DE
18th East Brunswick NJ
19th Clinton CT
20th Warwick RI
21st Plainville MA
22nd Portsmouth NH
23rd York ME
24th West Brattleboro VT
25th Albany, NY
26th Allentown, PA
27th Morganton, WV
28th Lexington KY
29th Cincy OH
30th Indianapolis IN
31st Kalamazoo MI
September
1st Chicago, ILL
2nd Madison WIS
3rd Rochester MIN
4th Des Moines IOWA
5th North KC, MO
6th Salina KS
7th North Platte, NE
8th Pierre, SD
9th Bismarck ND
10th billings MT
11th Jackson WYO
12th Boise ID
13th Kennewick WA
14th Klamath Falls OR
15th Fresno CA
17th Flagstaff AR
18th Bluff, UT
19th Trinidad, CO
20th Santa Fe, NM
21st Armarillo, TX
22nd Tulsa, OK
23rd Little Rock, AR
24th Memphis, TN
25th Monroe, LA
26th Jackson, MS
27th Montgomery AL
28th ATLANTA, GA
29th Charlotte, NC
30th Columbia, SC
October
1st Jacksonville, FL

Why would anyone do an Ironman in Hawaii of all places? That sounds like a dumb idea.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]

Durhamskier wrote:
alex_korr wrote:
Fresno and Las Vegas mid september? That cannot be for real, or at least outdoors. It will be hot as balls. I don't see it being feasible at all.

This whole thing is about promoting herself as a brand. She'll fail, but she'll gain attention and probably some media coverage. She'll raise at least some money for her cause. She'll dramatically increase her social media presence. For her, it will still be a win.

Shealready does... bunch of followers on ST..😉

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]

alex_korr wrote:

I'd get in line for that

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]

I don’t know if she’s a veteran but she plays heavily into veteran/patriotism

Combine that with her charity work and she has the triple whammy of being able to get away with anything...

Pun_Times wrote:

wow she has 593.000 followers are people stupid or man dig chicks with tattoos? or those followers are Russian bots from instalike

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [IronTED] [ In reply to ]

IronTED wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
alex_korr wrote:

Shealready does... bunch of followers on ST..😉

Zing!

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]

lacticturkey wrote:
not just another "charity" stunt... Super cool!...

"Raising Men Lawn Care Service is designed to promote awareness for the youth of the future. It is a platform where the younger members of the community can give back to the community. This includes veterans, the elderly, the disabled and even single mothers. They get the chance to offer services such as mowing lawns, shoveling snow, raking leaves and more, free of charge. The youths who we work with are able to experience a great sense of achievement while also developing their social skills and lawn care experience."

ZenTriBrett wrote:

I've once had the pleasure of the character building of "lawn care experience" where I was punished at military school by having to mow a huge yard with only a pair of scissors... in June in South Texas. After a couple of hours, I began wondering what was the easiest way to kill myself with those scissors to end the nightmare I was living. And I was no mowing newbie - I mowed big yards in Houston for spare cash growing up. Doing Ironmans today is the closest I've ever come to recreating that day's experience. :)

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

The schedule only includes 48 events.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Route66] [ In reply to ]

Route66 wrote:
CU427 wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:

August
15th Virginia Beach, VA
16th Salisbury MD
17th Harrington DE
18th East Brunswick NJ
19th Clinton CT
20th Warwick RI
21st Plainville MA
22nd Portsmouth NH
23rd York ME
24th West Brattleboro VT
25th Albany, NY
26th Allentown, PA
27th Morganton, WV
28th Lexington KY
29th Cincy OH
30th Indianapolis IN
31st Kalamazoo MI
September
1st Chicago, ILL
2nd Madison WIS
3rd Rochester MIN
4th Des Moines IOWA
5th North KC, MO
6th Salina KS
7th North Platte, NE
8th Pierre, SD
9th Bismarck ND
10th billings MT
11th Jackson WYO
12th Boise ID
13th Kennewick WA
14th Klamath Falls OR
15th Fresno CA
17th Flagstaff AR
18th Bluff, UT
19th Trinidad, CO
20th Santa Fe, NM
21st Armarillo, TX
22nd Tulsa, OK
23rd Little Rock, AR
24th Memphis, TN
25th Monroe, LA
26th Jackson, MS
27th Montgomery AL
28th ATLANTA, GA
29th Charlotte, NC
30th Columbia, SC
October
1st Jacksonville, FL

Why would anyone do an Ironman in Hawaii of all places? That sounds like a dumb idea.

That's a good one!!! Ha ha! (too hot and humid)

Seriously though. if that list above doesn't scare the hell out of her. she's got to be insane. Jackson WY. - altitude. surrounded by little mountains, kinda a tough day at the office. Then off to Boise...
Okey dokie. fresh as a daisy

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [redbicycle] [ In reply to ]

redbicycle wrote:
The schedule only includes 48 events.

I think she is doing one in Hati at the beginning and another at the end?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]

sebo2000 wrote:
wow she has 593.000 followers are people stupid or man dig chicks with tattoos? or those followers are Russian bots from instalike

30% / 10% / 60%

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]

Gtjojo189 wrote:
I mean, if she wants to be legit, why not do an official Ironman? Chattanooga is still open and she could go there instead of South Carolina.

I am not a fan of hers, and I'm skeptical that she will make it beyond day 3 doing anything legit. However, doing an IM as part of the schedule is not feasible due to requirements for in person packet pick up 2 days before, bike & bag drop-off 1 day before, etc. No way she could meet her travel schedule and comply with IM required lead times. OTOH, I doubt she approached WTC for dispensation from those requirements. If they thought she was legit, they might accommodate her for the potential advertising benefit.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RBR] [ In reply to ]

I can guarantee you that there is no "iron distance" event in Montgomery, AL in late September for her to do. Someone with lots of time on their hands should try to cross reference these cities with some major fitness center chain, that will soon appear as a donor to her cause. A chain with a pool in every town.

Personally, the thought of doing 4,225 yards in a pool every day for 50 days would be a deal breaker!

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [M~] [ In reply to ]

I see Santa Fe and Flagstaff on the list... both at 7,000 ft+... isn't she coming from sea level?

Prev Next