Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]

Fishbum wrote:
Isn't there already a cry like Bitch thread?

Crap some one will find that thread name offensive.

It's "Biatch" which shouldn't be offensive to women or Ralph20

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...iatch_here._P1566945

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [mdiet22] [ In reply to ]

mdiet22 wrote:
Good for her to try to raise the money, but there is no way in hell she even makes it a week.
I wonder if like almost every charity less than about 5% of money donated actually gets to the intended recipients...

Charities are a scam.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [dunno] [ In reply to ]

Fifth Circle of Hell Violation

Quote:
First Circle: People Who Fudge Their Training Logs
Second Circle: Bike Thieves
Third Circle: Race Bandits, Bib-Swappers, Bib-Copiers, and Those Who Take TWO Finishers Medals
Fourth Circle: Dopers, Course Cutters, and Other Assorted Cheats [may include people having extramarital affairs with a Coach or Running Partner, but not always]
Fifth Circle: Gamblers, Sportswriters, and People Who Make up Charity Scams
Sixth Circle: Sports Agents
Seventh Circle: Team Owners
Eighth Circle: League Commissioners
Ninth Circle: Al Davis ... Alone for now, but saving spaces for Jerry Jones, OJ, Joe Buck, The Krzyzewski/Pitino/Calipari Triumvirate and Roger Goodell

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

Her seat is too high.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

RandMart wrote:

Quote:
Third Circle: Race Bandits, Bib-Swappers, Bib-Copiers, and Those Who Take TWO Finishers Medals
Fourth Circle: Dopers, Course Cutters, and Other Assorted Cheats [may include people having extramarital affairs with a Coach or Running Partner, but not always]
Ninth Circle: Al Davis ... Alone for now, but saving spaces for Jerry Jones, OJ, Joe Buck, The Krzyzewski/Pitino/Calipari Triumvirate and Roger Goodell

Man, what'd Joe Buck ever do? And how are Belichick and Kraft not on the ninth-circle list?

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Ralph20] [ In reply to ]

It's not sexist. But even if it was, it's still funny to anyone who isn't overly sensitive and has a sense of humor

Mark Kolding - Rookie Pro 2019 Blog

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Toby] [ In reply to ]

Toby wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Quote:

Man, what'd Joe Buck ever do? And how are Belichick and Kraft not on the ninth-circle list?

I don't understand the whole rationale for the ordering of the circles. Seems to me bike thieves are the worst, except for OJ who deserves his own private circle in whichever is the worst circle.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]

ericmulk wrote:
I don't understand the whole rationale for the ordering of the circles. Seems to me bike thieves are the worst, except for OJ who deserves his own private circle in whichever is the worst circle.

There's no real rationale, it's just the order I made them up

Hell is an individual thing; this is my view, yours may be different

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [rjrankin] [ In reply to ]

rjrankin wrote:
She needs to hurry up and start this already. This thread is spiraling to a weird place

She's backing off on the 50 days in a row part

Quote:
August 12th I’ll be doing the first ever Ironman distance triathlon in Haiti 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and an easy 26.2 mile run. ... I will be spending all of August 13th getting home. To where I’ll continue on, starting in Virginia Beach, Virginia

Nice! Backed off her claim before even starting. Smart move. Wonder what “to where I’ll continue on” means? Still planning on doing them consecutively after? The fact that she just now realized getting from Haiti to anywhere is logistically difficult makes me wonder if she’s even planned out the rest of the trip. Or, is she planning on really trying to just wing it day by day.

Post deleted by lacticturkey [ In reply to ]
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]

The original article said she ran 230 miles in 72 hrs.... did anyone figure out if that was treadmill, track, road or trail? Don't have time to read all 790 posts in this thread.

RandMart wrote:
rjrankin wrote:
She needs to hurry up and start this already. This thread is spiraling to a weird place

Quote:
August 12th I’ll be doing the first ever Ironman distance triathlon in Haiti 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and an easy 26.2 mile run. ... I will be spending all of August 13th getting home. To where I’ll continue on, starting in Virginia Beach, Virginia

It won't be surprising if she throws in rest days whenever she feels the need but still keeps saying 50 Ironmans in 50 days

Yeah but she defines "days" and "in a row" and "Ironman" differently than you so who are you to judge?

P.S - Remember, she's doing this for the children.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [davejustdave] [ In reply to ]

I think it was around Haiti. I briefly tried to find any sort of confirmation that it was actually done, but I found nothing. Just articles and social media posts that she did it and isn't she awesome. Her Strava account starts after that I believe, so no gps data. This is the video she did about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-xLayUjQD0

On another subject, here is a video of a 100 mile ride she did in India to raise money for kids. It appears at one point she just fell for no apparent reason...
https://www.instagram.com/...rce=ig_web_copy_link

Here's another video of her running in Haiti, advertising her run training program. I think this is 10 months or so after the 230 mile run.
Check out that form.....

https://www.instagram.com/...rce=ig_web_copy_link

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

I like her running quote “a movement not taught, but learned”. Um, she may want to learn prior to 8/12.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]

LifeTri wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
RBR wrote:
LifeTri wrote:
She will complete it. No doubt.

Care to wager. Lol

Yeah I want in on this. I just don't see it happening.

Same offer I gave to RBR.

Loser swims a 10k.

Get ready to do some swimming.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]

Skyline Chili wrote:
I like her running quote “a movement not taught, but learned”. Um, she may want to learn prior to 8/12.

She “runs” like every other overly muscled roid monster I’ve ever seen try to “run”.

I don’t think she makes it past day 3.

float , hammer , and jog

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]

What does that even mean???

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:

She “runs” like every other overly muscled roid monster I’ve ever seen try to “run”.

Agreed. Her thighs will be rubbed raw in no time.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

RowToTri wrote:
What does that even mean???

It means she has no clue about running whatsoever.

Her IG posts are brutal to read. Cheesy, cliche, overly dramatic.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:

eh well.. i used to be a big muscled guy. lost all that and still look so stiff when i run

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [synthetic] [ In reply to ]

How’s your 5k gone this summer after your 5k 30 day challenge btw?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [mickison] [ In reply to ]

mickison wrote:
Her IG posts are brutal to read. Cheesy, cliche, overly dramatic.

I would say media whore but I'll get in trouble for that so let's just go with drama queen.

Prev Next