Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [domingjm] [ In reply to ]

She legitimately makes me want to vomit.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]

Grant.Reuter wrote:
You’re really on a roll today.

Its the High Brew coffee Lance has been pushing on his podcast

I finally got some at Walmart [their website said they had it at Wawa, but I couldn't find it]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Jul 25, 18 13:52

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]

Fishbum wrote:

I must not be understanding the grievances. She really doesn't bother me in the least. I don't really think she's compromising our sport, and there are a lot more egregious human rights infractions occurring on an hourly basis. I almost categorize this as generally positive. Worst case scenario, as I see it, they make a movie about her. Not really THAT bad, is it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [walie] [ In reply to ]

We couldn't care less, particularly because we don't take her seriously either.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [domingjm] [ In reply to ]

Uhg..

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [walie] [ In reply to ]

walie wrote:
I don't know how anyone would take you guys seriously with the way this thread is going, much less Ashley.

If we wanted to be taken seriously, we'd be posting all our workouts on Instagram, instead of posting crap here

Oh

Wait

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]

Fishbum wrote:
Uhg..

You've contributed substantially to her infamy, so maybe they'll let you choose the title or make a cameo ;-)

domingjm wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

I must not be understanding the grievances. She really doesn't bother me in the least. I don't really think she's compromising our sport, and there are a lot more egregious human rights infractions occurring on an hourly basis. I almost categorize this as generally positive. Worst case scenario, as I see it, they make a movie about her. Not really THAT bad, is it?

Dude has basically called her ugly or a dude every single page.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

Yes I have said she looks like a dude but that is not what makes me want to vomit. The level of narcissism and disconnect from reality and the b*******that is goes in to her claims is what makes me ill.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

TheStroBro wrote:
domingjm wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Dude has basically called her ugly or a dude every single page.

I guess everyone has their thing, but I honestly don't see how she could be considered physically unattractive by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree everyone has their thing just like a chubby chaser likes a fat chick.

Fishbum wrote:
I agree everyone has their thing just like a chubby chaser likes a fat chick.

Wouldn't it be funny if there was actually some truth in that Shallow Hal movie?

I'm a shallow and does vain as they come.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

RandMart wrote:
walie wrote:
I don't know how anyone would take you guys seriously with the way this thread is going, much less Ashley.

If we wanted to be taken seriously, we'd be posting all our workouts on Instagram, instead of posting crap here

Oh

Wait

I just dropped in and you’re all arguing about tramp stamps. You guys have fun with that.

I’ll come back when the thread gets to 100 pages

walie wrote:

We're on page and a half per day pace, so if you wanna come back in around, never, that would be fine

domingjm wrote:
biglazybum wrote:
This just showed up in my news feed on my phone. I'm sure it will get plenty of discussion here, couldn't find anything yet:

https://www.usatoday.com/...s-50-days/750395002/

This thread is wildly popular. It must have exceeded your expectations.

Without a doubt. I was shocked nobody posted about it before I did and never imagined it would go to this level. It's been fun to sit back and watch.

For the record, I'm in the one and done camp. I think she guts it through one, no guaranty on time, may take 20 hours, and then wakes up the next day and calls it.

walie wrote:
RandMart wrote:
walie wrote:

Oh

Wait

I just dropped in and you’re all arguing about tramp stamps. You guys have fun with that.

Hey at least there were a few pics of the body area in Question. Perhaps you want to scroll back a few pages to verify.

That's fair since I don't know how anyone can take her seriously in her attempts to do 50 IM's in 50 days.

I guess we're even.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Ralph20] [ In reply to ]

Ralph20 wrote:
Tramp stamp perfectly implies the person wearing it is a tramp. Hence the name, tramp stamp.

Attention whore, a name usually placed on a woman, implies thew person whoring themselves out for attention. Hence the name, attention whore.

I'm so glad I kept reading this thread; these posts made my day and provide proof that the internet HAS to exist. I can't believe some of you guys actually tried to argue with Ralph using logic as his commentary is EASILY one of the dumber things I've ever read. Thanks for the laughs!!!

Last edited by: smartyiak: Jul 26, 18 7:41

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [smartyiak] [ In reply to ]

smartyiak wrote:
Ralph20 wrote:
Tramp stamp perfectly implies the person wearing it is a tramp. Hence the name, tramp stamp.

Attention whore, a name usually placed on a woman, implies thew person whoring themselves out for attention. Hence the name, attention whore.

I'm so glad I kept reading this thread; these posts made my day and provide proof that the internet HAS to exist. I can't believe some of you guys actually tried to argue with Ralph using logic as his commentary is EASILY one of the dumber things I've ever read. Thanks for the laughs!!!

Maybe the 20 means he was born in 1920 and he is just ill informed on current trends, so we are trying to help him out. Like I said were a helpful place here.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [smartyiak] [ In reply to ]

smartyiak wrote:
... his commentary is EASILY one of the dumber things I've ever read. Thanks for the laughs!!!

Try it this way {I forget who I stole this from]:

"I thought it over and have decided to say: Your comment is quite possibly one of the stupidest comments I have ever read on Slowtwitch, which is kind of like saying, 'this might just be the worst 3-bean salad I’ve ever had at Sizzler.'"

I'm going to go out and get a Jesus tattoo. I want to make sure that when you fast people bike past me during a race that you are passing Jesus :)

... doing my stuff to ensure that we get 50 pages in 50 days :)

smartyiak wrote:
Ralph20 wrote:

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [biglazybum] [ In reply to ]

biglazybum wrote:
domingjm wrote:
biglazybum wrote:
This just showed up in my news feed on my phone. I'm sure it will get plenty of discussion here, couldn't find anything yet:

https://www.usatoday.com/...s-50-days/750395002/

This thread is wildly popular. It must have exceeded your expectations.

Without a doubt. I was shocked nobody posted about it before I did and never imagined it would go to this level. It's been fun to sit back and watch.

For the record, I'm in the one and done camp. I think she guts it through one, no guaranty on time, may take 20 hours, and then wakes up the next day and calls it.

I hope she finishes it, because I'm positive like that. But if I was betting, I'd say she has enough external pressure to get her about a third of the way....we'll call it 12. That said, she would have done 11 in a row more than I would ever attempt.

I will hesitantly wade back into this discussion. Maybe I didn't frame my response well or maybe I was overly optimistic expecting the same group of people who would regularly throw these terms at a woman to be conscious of the implied sexism. After reading this please take a minute to consider where these terms originated from and how they are commonly used in society.

Here is the urban dic for tramp stamp:
“Tramp Stamp” is a derogatory term referring to a tattoo which a women places on her lower back. It is especially popular among women born in the late 70’s, 80‘s, and even early 90’s. Fair or unfair, these tattoos have a socially constructed connotation associated with them. These women are labeled as tramps, whores, or other derogatory sexually promiscuous terms. Although these are often bias generalized claims, there have been sociological studies done by the American Psychological Association, Federal Bureau of Prisons, and other demographic researchers showing strong correlative evidence associating tattoos with high risk behavior, illegal substance abuse and sexual promiscuity. These risk factors are greatest in the age range which these types of tattoos are gaining main stream popularity. Some have also jokingly stated that by 2050, the “tramp stamp” will be renamed the “gramp stamp”.
Retrieved from: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tramp%20Stamp

Here is tattoos on women discussion from Psychology Today:
Guéguen is quick to point out that this study has its share of limitations, and he recommends that future research should focus on whether the association between tattoos and promiscuity is based on men's stereotypes or real experiences. Nonetheless, this study offers some novel insights into why, when it comes to tattooed women, some men see body art and others see a “tramp stamp.”
Retrieved from: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/head-games/201305/how-do-people-view-women-tattoos

Here is tramp stamp from wiki:
Women's lower backs are often viewed by people as an erotic body part, leading to the association of lower-back tattoos with sexuality.[2] Lower-back tattoos are also perceived as an indication of promiscuity by some, possibly owing to media portrayals of women with tattoos.[6] A 2011 study of media stereotypes criticized media portrayals of lower-back tattoos, arguing that they are unfairly cast as a symbol of promiscuity.[7] There are a number of pejorative nicknames for lower-back tattoos, including "tramp stamp", "slag tag", "bulls-eye", and "target".[1] A Saturday Night Live sketch satirized the practice, describing a "rub-on" tattoo remover marketed at middle-age women who received lower-back tattoos while young.[7]
Retrieved from: https://en.wikipedia.org/...oo#cite_note-green-6

Some of you will read these references and say that I disproved my own point. That having a tattoo means you are promiscuous. That may well be the case but simply doesn't matter for the purposes of this forum as we are discussing her triathlon potential. While you may not have meant anything by using this term there is an abundance of material stating it has clear sexist connotations. Call me illogical or what have you, but society uses these words as derogatory terms for females.

Was this how the term was used in this forum? That's a more interesting question. I clearly think so and offered my proof in the long list of derogatory things that were said to make the case this wasn't meant as just a "location" of a tattoo. The presence of quotes like this, at least for me, points at pretty obvious sexism.
"She is just jerking everyone around." "I'd get in line for that"

You may disagree and that is your right. But spend some time searching and you will find loads of sources that cite the word tramp stamp and being sexist and originating as a derogatory term.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Ralph20] [ In reply to ]

Ralph20 wrote:
I will hesitantly wade back into this discussion. Maybe I didn't frame my response well or maybe I was overly optimistic expecting the same group of people who would regularly throw these terms at a woman to be conscious of the implied sexism. After reading this please take a minute to consider where these terms originated from and how they are commonly used in society.

Here is the urban dic for tramp stamp:
“Tramp Stamp” is a derogatory term referring to a tattoo which a women places on her lower back. It is especially popular among women born in the late 70’s, 80‘s, and even early 90’s. Fair or unfair, these tattoos have a socially constructed connotation associated with them. These women are labeled as tramps, whores, or other derogatory sexually promiscuous terms. Although these are often bias generalized claims, there have been sociological studies done by the American Psychological Association, Federal Bureau of Prisons, and other demographic researchers showing strong correlative evidence associating tattoos with high risk behavior, illegal substance abuse and sexual promiscuity. These risk factors are greatest in the age range which these types of tattoos are gaining main stream popularity. Some have also jokingly stated that by 2050, the “tramp stamp” will be renamed the “gramp stamp”.
Retrieved from: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tramp%20Stamp

Here is tattoos on women discussion from Psychology Today:
Guéguen is quick to point out that this study has its share of limitations, and he recommends that future research should focus on whether the association between tattoos and promiscuity is based on men's stereotypes or real experiences. Nonetheless, this study offers some novel insights into why, when it comes to tattooed women, some men see body art and others see a “tramp stamp.”
Retrieved from: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/head-games/201305/how-do-people-view-women-tattoos

Here is tramp stamp from wiki:
Women's lower backs are often viewed by people as an erotic body part, leading to the association of lower-back tattoos with sexuality.[2] Lower-back tattoos are also perceived as an indication of promiscuity by some, possibly owing to media portrayals of women with tattoos.[6] A 2011 study of media stereotypes criticized media portrayals of lower-back tattoos, arguing that they are unfairly cast as a symbol of promiscuity.[7] There are a number of pejorative nicknames for lower-back tattoos, including "tramp stamp", "slag tag", "bulls-eye", and "target".[1] A Saturday Night Live sketch satirized the practice, describing a "rub-on" tattoo remover marketed at middle-age women who received lower-back tattoos while young.[7]
Retrieved from: https://en.wikipedia.org/...oo#cite_note-green-6

Some of you will read these references and say that I disproved my own point. That having a tattoo means you are promiscuous. That may well be the case but simply doesn't matter for the purposes of this forum as we are discussing her triathlon potential. While you may not have meant anything by using this term there is an abundance of material stating it has clear sexist connotations. Call me illogical or what have you, but society uses these words as derogatory terms for females.

Was this how the term was used in this forum? That's a more interesting question. I clearly think so and offered my proof in the long list of derogatory things that were said to make the case this wasn't meant as just a "location" of a tattoo. The presence of quotes like this, at least for me, points at pretty obvious sexism.
"She is just jerking everyone around." "I'd get in line for that"

You may disagree and that is your right. But spend some time searching and you will find loads of sources that cite the word tramp stamp and being sexist and originating as a derogatory term.

According to the first sentence in your definition, it is a tattoo on a women's back. Not a tramp's back, or a whore's back, but a women's back. You can perceive it otherwise but I think that says a lot about your stereotypes. I bet you pine for the days portrayed on Mad Men don't you.

Prev Next