Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread
Quote | Reply
Its that time of year. Can Kosmo Kramer help with putting up the festivus pole and we can complain about the 100/100 and all other assorted complaints about Ironman, ITU, Lionel Sanders' coach, Kona Pro Drafting and other assorted first world problems before the running starts on Dec 15th.

I'll get mine out of the system:

1. I have been too busy with tech startup stuff to be on ST which balances out my obsessive personality to do too much of one thing and my life is skewed into tech world. I used to be more balanced LOL. Of course that same obsessive mindset got the 100/100 started (so I am blaming my old self for starting this thing).....now I am on this drive to get to 1200km swimming for the year...I need to do 3.8K per day every day for the rest of the year to get there.
  2. It sucks not being able to run like old times, but hoping to do some easy jogging on my woodway treadmill during the challenge (thus my over swimming routine)
  3. The Canadian healthcare system takes forever, no laser spine surgery here....gotta go down to Tampa some time to get my disc fixed (see above)
  4. Someone get Lionel to sign up for the challenge so we can complain that some guy is running too fast for every run and life is not fair
  5. OK....this is the main one so I will get it out there early. I am pre complaining about all you heros who will triple your mileage in the first 2 weeks and then complain to us that you got injured because of 100/100 and it is stupid. No one has to run every day, or multiple times a day. I am complaining that you're not "listening to your base" and overcooking it in week 2 out of 14.

OK, all kidding aside for me it will be a win if I can get to consistent treadmill jogging of 10-15 min by end of challenge.

Here is last year's front page article that takes you to all the details:

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ins_Today_j6686.html

Alright, lay in....the FESTIVUS Pole is set up over there ------->
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Dec 1, 18 6:10
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year's thread title said "Dec 15-Mar 23"

100 days takes us to March 25th, I believe?

Get that right next time; y'know, to get the bibs right

#soembarassing

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wah wah waaah I will have a well built running base from prepping for indian wells and no actual excuse to not do it this year... pink...ish

But for real, I have a marathon in early february, if I get a PR can't I get mulligan for the day after? just one?

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sonofabitch! I'm entering into this year's foray coming off a nasty sinus infection and day one is a 5 mile race, which I'm wholly unprepared. I guess we'll see how much 30 years of running background comes into play.

On the bright side, the Radio Freq Ablation I had done on my left SI joint in October seems to have me 99% pain free. I will not be aiming for 100 runs but whatever 4-5 runs per week will get me.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No real grievance here, outside of being a little chubby....curbing expectations, if I can hit 70 days, I would have to call that a successful 100/100

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How the hell am I supposed to do 100/100 in the middle of a swim focus for cripes sake! This timing sucks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
How the hell am I supposed to do 100/100 in the middle of a swim focus for cripes sake! This timing sucks!

Then you do 100 days/100 runs/100 swims....I am pretty sure during last year's 100/100 I did log 100 hours of swimming given my pathetic run mileage!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only grievance is for those that try to find ways to claim 100/100 while taking off days. It’s not complicated: Run 30 minutes per day for 100 consecutive days.

Some runs are harder than others, but there is no excuse for missing a run other than injury.

Thanks Dev for getting this together again.

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:

You can always do what I did during the Summer, and do your OWN Off-the-ST-Grid 100/100

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have considered that. What would be the rule for a swim to count? 1000 yards?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that poster saying that you did an off the grid 100/100 and managed 37?

#notjudging
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Dec 1, 18 12:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
I have considered that. What would be the rule for a swim to count? 1000 yards?

I think we would have to take this offline to the fish thread, but I'd vote for 1500m to keep it roughly in line with 30 min of running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! The fish thread is polluted with all kinds of dryland stuff these days! Jason is doing Jumping Jack's for gosh sake!

Surely the grievance thread can suffer a small swim sidebar. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wahh...when I go sub-29 in my New Year’s Day 8k it won’t count...wahh

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Add a 1 minute cooldown jog to the winners circle.
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:

Yeah, well Mo Farah, already lodged the same complaint when he took the 10,000m at the London Olympics in 2012

and then did the victory lap or two and still had time to spare and he could not apply it for challenge approved 30 minutes. Sucks to be fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Hey! The fish thread is polluted with all kinds of dryland stuff these days! Jason is doing Jumping Jack's for gosh sake!

Surely the grievance thread can suffer a small swim sidebar. :-)

Well, I want to complain about the two people polluting the 100/100 run thread with fish talk. They better go back to the fish thread and then banish Tigerchik over to this thread where she can talk about running all she wants. That should cover it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm injured. Hurt my back. Can't run consistently. Is there a ride equivalent?
Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
I'm injured. Hurt my back. Can't run consistently. Is there a ride equivalent?

We need to ask Mo Farah about that! Maybe 100 Stelivio climbs in 100 days, but it might be a bit frigid out of Bormio right now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many years ago I used to not suck at this challenge. Hoping to make a comeback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Four things to update this challenge:

1.) I see the Strava upload link is working - great and thanks. But what we really need is a freaking Instagram feed dammit! Every run should be followed by an Instagram photo (photoshopping pics and use of filters optional) followed by a #SLOWTWITCH100_100. The hash tag can instantly link all the Slowtwitch runs together and help us build our brand and raise awareness for our charity.

2.) We need a freaking Charity! We're not running #SLOWTWITCH100_100 for our collective health. We need to make a difference peeps!! Whether it's to save polar bears from climate change or getting kids in Orange County to put down the gluten free cupcakes and run a 5k -- we need to be doing this for a positive reason and change the world for the better!! Our sponsors will appreciate this.

3.) We need Sponsorship! Hash-freaking-tag SLOWTWITCH100_100 demands sponsorship in order to grow and reach "the masses". Triathlon is waning, race series are being cancelled, the proverbial SBR sky IS falling. Probably too late now to get sponsors, but let's think 1 year and then 5 years out. Everyone needs to agree to wear either Nike or Hoka shoes (preferably Nike because they have a bigger sponsorship/marketing budget -- and no complaints, both brands topped the Kona count). Oh, and wear Nike and/or Hoka branded clothing. This way we'll have a good shot for sponsorship in the 2020 100/100 ... which we'll brand #SLOWTWITCH100_100_2020. Please prominently display the logos in your Instagram pics!! Very important!

4.) All official #SLOWTWITCH100_100 finishers (well at least all the 90-ish run finishers, who can still claim they did the full 100 cause Instagram followers are a forgiving and naive bunch) will take a final Instagram pic with a cherubic-lookin' kid who got off the couch and ran 2 blocks with them on the final 100/100 day ... So by doing just 5 minutes of running, little Johnny or Janey can experience the exhilaration and satisfaction of what just took you 100 brutal and painstaking days to accomplish. Important: make sure to put a Nike and/or Hoka headband on the kid, with logo prominently displayed for final Instagram picture. HUGE BONUS POINTS (5 runs for free - just use extra pics taken from earlier runs and post to Instagram, shhh..) for whomever posts an Instagram with an actual Polar Bear!! That would be #EPIC_SLOWTWITC100_100!!!

These are not really grievances, just mere suggestions on how we can take this great thing you created Dev, and as the dudes in the cannabis industry say: Take it Next-Level!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:

That's why I've advocated for the minimum to be 30 minutes OR 5K

Quote Reply
Re: 2018/19 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Pun_Times wrote:

That's why I've advocated for the minimum to be 30 minutes OR 5K

Yeah, but Mo Farah says the minimum should be 30 minutes or 12K....whichever is MORE! We can't please anyone and since Mo holds he gold medals in he 10,000m and 5000m from the last 2 Olympics, Mo gets the final say. If you guys have a beef you need to take it up with him! He has already been whining that he's not hitting the 30 minute min with an 11K run!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Is that poster saying that you did an off the grid 100/100 and managed 37?

#notjudging

That's my bib, actually, and let me explain

Screaming Tortise Athletic Club Members chose their own bib numbers, and use the same one for every event. Mine just happens to be 37 [it's a Kevin Smith/Jersey thing; look it up]

As I posted elsewhere, after snapping the streak at 71 runs for 71 days [81 days in a row, since I had a 10-day streak going at the start] I basically cruised in, doing just about every other day through August to finish with 86/100

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah okay. I musta missed that thread/post. Much less funny... Much more impressive.

:+)
Quote Reply

Prev Next