Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [lschaan] [ In reply to ]

Can anyone find any results for Alex? Couldn't find anything on athlinks.

They are in his imagination so that might be difficult to find.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

Sanuk wrote:

It appears he is claiming and hiding all of his results in a private profile in Athlinks. He finished IM Cozumel 2013 in M30-34 in 150th place in his AG. In Athlinks he is listed as "Unknown Racer" for that result, but the bib number is his.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

RowToTri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

It appears he is claiming and hiding all of his results in a private profile in Athlinks. He finished IM Cozumel 2013 in M30-34 in 150th place in his AG. In Athlinks he is listed as "Unknown Racer" for that result, but the bib number is his.

One day on his Strava I saw him do a 16min 5k... It was severe downhill and he deleted it soon after. He used to be a runner before he got big. Few years ago he was on a crusade to crack 11 in an IM. It did not work out. So yes things are cloudy with him, I guess he doesn't like to show failure or decreasing ability?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [synthetic] [ In reply to ]

synthetic wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

One day on his Strava I saw him do a 16min 5k... It was severe downhill and he deleted it soon after. He used to be a runner before he got big. Few years ago he was on a crusade to crack 11 in an IM. It did not work out. So yes things are cloudy with him, I guess he doesn't like to show failure or decreasing ability?

I can only dream of being embarrassed enough of a 16 min 5k to delete it from Strava.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [mickison] [ In reply to ]

mickison wrote:
synthetic wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

I can only dream of being embarrassed enough of a 16 min 5k to delete it from Strava.

Obviously you don't hang out on LetsRun.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]

I'm happy to have friends impressed by my sub 21 minute 5k. 😂

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]

Arch Stanton wrote:
Obviously you don't hang out on LetsRun.

Nobody should, really

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [synthetic] [ In reply to ]

synthetic wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Pro tip for the vanity freaks out there - Whenever you have a shitty workout or fail at something, you don't have to delete it. Just comment that it was shitty or "Well, that sucked" or (gasp) nothing at all. Nobody cares about you as much as you do.

If my run starts to suck and I decide to walk, I'll put something like "Run started to suck and I decided to walk. WTF." It makes life a lot easier to not being trying to cover up your occasional suckiness all the time. Coverups are heavy, heavy baggage that you can never put down.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]

ZenTriBrett wrote:
Pro tip for the vanity freaks out there - Whenever you have a shitty workout or fail at something, you don't have to delete it. Just comment that it was shitty or "Well, that sucked" or (gasp) nothing at all. Nobody cares about you as much as you do.

If my run starts to suck and I decide to walk, I'll put something like "Run started to suck and I decided to walk. WTF." It makes life a lot easier to not being trying to cover up your occasional suckiness all the time. Coverups are heavy, heavy baggage that you can never put down.

I've been trying but I'm getting called out now that it's been 40 work outs in a row...

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [mickison] [ In reply to ]

mickison wrote:
synthetic wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

You missed the downhill part....

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]

ZenTriBrett wrote:
synthetic wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

I definitely add comments like that. I figure anybody following me on strava, in the end, will see my race results so they'll ok now what's what.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]

RowToTri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

https://www.obstri.com/?search=alex%20viada
Last edited by: c.mont.811: Jul 20, 18 11:32

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [c.mont.811] [ In reply to ]

c.mont.811 wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

wasn't there a shorten swim in 2013? pretty impressive he knocked 35 minutes off his swim time in one year

NameDiv.Gen.Ovr.SwimBikeRunOverallDPI
IRONMAN® 70.3 North Carolina 2016 - Oct 22
Alexander Viada
M35-39 - USA - #4163
-1-1-1--:----:----:----:--
IRONMAN® Cozumel 2014 - Nov 30
Alexander Viada
M30-34 - USA - #686
IRONMAN® 70.3 Eagleman 2014 - Jun 8
Alexander Viada
M30-34 - USA - #2321
IRONMAN® Cozumel 2013 - Dec 1
Alexander Viada
M30-34 - USA - #544
15090511051:02:43 6:16:02 5:23:02 12:57:3178.6
IRONMAN® Cozumel 2012 - Nov 25
Alexander Viada
M30-34 - USA - #321
209103812691:37:41 6:35:36 5:34:28 14:02:1575.9
Last edited by: ptakeda: Jul 20, 18 11:39

synthetic wrote:
mickison wrote:
synthetic wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

You missed the downhill part....

Unless you’re falling off a cliff 16 is stilll going to be fast downhill.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [satanellus] [ In reply to ]

satanellus wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:
He might have meant "4 minutes 50" but pronounced it "4 fiddy" which the reporter instantly misunderstood as "4minutes15"?

It's still improbably fast for a guy of his size.

Again comparing it to the 1500 meter times for the Olympic Decathlon as an elite sample of athletic big dudes, his time still looks suspect. If we presume he did mean a 4:50 mile, his 1500 meter equivalent time of 4:29 would rank him above all but 7 of the 24 competitors at Rio.

Even allowing for some sloppy journalism (generously assuming the "1650 meter" mile is the journalist's tardiness), his mile PR does not pass the sniff test.

Yes, this.

I doubt a guy his size could bust off even a 6:00 minute mile, it’s just too much mass to move for that far, that fast.

float , hammer , and jog

Yep. The only way I'm moving that fast, unassisted, is if I'm falling from a plane.

mickison wrote:
synthetic wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [c.mont.811] [ In reply to ]

c.mont.811 wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Interesting. He didn't finish in the top 50% of his AG in any of the three disciplines. I don't know why, but I was expecting more than that.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
[I doubt a guy his size could bust off even a 6:00 minute mile, it’s just too much mass to move for that far, that fast.

Not to mention the aero penalty for the wide chest, and thick arms & legs

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
satanellus wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:
He might have meant "4 minutes 50" but pronounced it "4 fiddy" which the reporter instantly misunderstood as "4minutes15"?

Again comparing it to the 1500 meter times for the Olympic Decathlon as an elite sample of athletic big dudes, his time still looks suspect. If we presume he did mean a 4:50 mile, his 1500 meter equivalent time of 4:29 would rank him above all but 7 of the 24 competitors at Rio.

Even allowing for some sloppy journalism (generously assuming the "1650 meter" mile is the journalist's tardiness), his mile PR does not pass the sniff test.

Yes, this.

I doubt a guy his size could bust off even a 6:00 minute mile, it’s just too much mass to move for that far, that fast.

He never said it happened recently....just saying. My best 10K was 36 minutes, however, that was a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]

yrebetta wrote:
Typical shit...wants the fame and notoriety before accomplishing anything. I’m over her.

This sums it up perfectly. /thread

Murphy'sLaw wrote:
satanellus wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:

Yes, this. I doubt a guy his size could bust off even a 6:00 minute mile, it’s just too much mass to move for that far, that fast.

I agree that a 4:15 mile is highly improbable for a guy that size. On the other hand, I recall watching Lou Ferrigno - Mr Universe in 73 and 74, and the Incredible Hulk - run a 2:21 880 on the track on national TV in the 1976 Superstars competition. You can verify his time in this link: http://www.thesuperstars.org/athletes/ferrigno.html

Just imagine that kind of mass moving that quickly. Another half mile though...not likely.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [M~] [ In reply to ]

M~ wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
satanellus wrote:
lacticturkey wrote:

Yes, this.

He never said it happened recently....just saying. My best 10K was 36 minutes, however, that was a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago.

He lists his marathon PR as 4:00:00 6 years ago, "when he first started training". Which means that from 6 years ago to now he somehow went from a 4 hour marathoner to 4:15 miler.

http://k3fitness.fi/...lex-viada-interview/

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]

So does she get the Mdot tattoo? And if so where does she put it? I vote for the Tramp Stamp location.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]

Fishbum wrote:
So does she get the Mdot tattoo? And if so where does she put it? I vote for the Tramp Stamp location.

She'll let her Instagram followers vote on the location and then the design of it, then do a Gofundme to cover the cost of it.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]

Fishbum wrote:

Appears to be unclaimed territory

Prev Next