Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Official TrainingPeaks Thread
Quote | Reply
OK I have been trying to keep up with all the questions and comments in regards to TrainingPeaks so here it is. The "official" TrainingPeaks thread. Any questions related to anything TrainingPeaks (New, Classic, WKO, Mobile apps, Device Agent, etc...). Hopefully this becomes a one stop like the Speed Concept and other "official" threads. Fire away and I'll try to keep up, if I don't know I'll try and find out!

This is sort of only a little official as I don't really work there :)


Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Last edited by: rbuike: Nov 3, 14 16:58
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When will the ATP show up in the new trainingpeaks (beta)?
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [trilove12345] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trilove12345 wrote:
When will the ATP show up in the new trainingpeaks (beta)?

Some of the functionality does exist but you still need to create the ATP in the Classic version. Once created you can view it in the week summary.


Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WKO 4.0 release date? I know it's been said that it will be released before the end of the year, but can you be more specific? Seems like if it is actually out by year's end, then there ought to be a date that you're shooting for.


Geoffrey Nenninger
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [GDNenn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GDNenn wrote:
WKO 4.0 release date? I know it's been said that it will be released before the end of the year, but can you be more specific? Seems like if it is actually out by year's end, then there ought to be a date that you're shooting for.

I should have put a note in regards to release dates. I don't know anything other than what Gear posted online in June. If/when I do know I'll post an update.


Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I lost my laptop and I bought the wko3+ couple years ago how can I recover my data and install the wko in my new laptop? Thanks


Click to Get FREE Supercharge when purchasing Tesla ModelS/X/3performance or 5 years warranty on Solar Panels
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [wzlsimon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wzlsimon wrote:
I lost my laptop and I bought the wko3+ couple years ago how can I recover my data and install the wko in my new laptop? Thanks


If you open a support ticket they can unlock your license. If the data was synced with TrainingPeaks online you'll be able to resync via WKO or login to TP online and download your history.


Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In general I've liked the new Beta version while I've been using it over the past few months. One issue I've had with the Beta version is the choice in measuring swim distance. I liked the older version because you could choose between yards or meters while you were adding a workout (it had a little drop-down menu). This was helpful because I swim regularly in both yard and meter pools. The Beta version doesn't seem to allow me to make this change while I am adding a workout.

I know this isn't a huge deal, just wasn't sure if there was a solution I was missing.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [TRIspud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIspud wrote:
In general I've liked the new Beta version while I've been using it over the past few months. One issue I've had with the Beta version is the choice in measuring swim distance. I liked the older version because you could choose between yards or meters while you were adding a workout (it had a little drop-down menu). This was helpful because I swim regularly in both yard and meter pools. The Beta version doesn't seem to allow me to make this change while I am adding a workout.

I know this isn't a huge deal, just wasn't sure if there was a solution I was missing.

It is in the pipeline. The new version uses the option you choose in your profile (Imperial or Metric) and applies it globally but the ability to change individually per workout is on the map.


Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds good. I swim in SCM pool and liked the option in Classic of being able to record meters for my swim workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [scottytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's funny but I am in Canada but track everything in miles and my pool is yards :) Go figure....


Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Rodney,

I've got a good one for you - I did a duathlon the other week, and I *thought* I had my Garmin watch set in multi-sport mode, but in fact it was in Run mode. So when I uploaded the watch data, the whole duathlon showed up as a run. A few days later, I get an e-mail from Training Peaks congratulating me on my new Run Threshold limit of 3:43 mpm (formerly 7:30)!

Of course I immediately signed up for Kona, and look forward to turning the Queen K into a molten strip of lava with my new running powers and finishing 90 mins in front of the Pros!

But now it seems my training hasn't quite lived up to TP's expectations (still awaiting the blood work results to confirm why this is), so I'm wondering: Is there a way to re-set my Run Threshold limit manually back to something closer to (as in, exactly) what it was before my stunning run performance of averaging 3:15mpm for the middle 11 miles of the race?

Thanks for your help,

Brian

.

Swim. Bike. Run. Repeat as necessary.
Welcome to the Church of Briantriology!
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [tribritre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah you just need to reset your Run Pace zones. You can enter your former pace and it will recalculate your zones based on that. Click on your name in the top right, Settings, Zones, Speed/Pace and enter the old per mile pace.

Then scroll all the way to the bottom of Zones and uncheck the box to Automatically apply new threshold changes :) Keep the email checked so you get notified but just apply the actual performance improvements :)

Too bad about Kona!


Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Last edited by: rbuike: Nov 3, 14 15:05
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reading the first few reminded me of this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMq5oNHnvSw

_________________________________
The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Rodney. Those Zone #s look a little more reasonable now.

TPs is awesome, but a little tricky to navigate when you need to get under the hood. By design, I presume.

Take care,

Brian

rbuike wrote:
Yeah you just need to reset your Run Pace zones. You can enter your former pace and it will recalculate your zones based on that. Click on your name in the top right, Settings, Zones, Speed/Pace and enter the old per mile pace.

Then scroll all the way to the bottom of Zones and uncheck the box to Automatically apply new threshold changes :) Keep the email checked so you get notified but just apply the actual performance improvements :)

Too bad about Kona!

.

Swim. Bike. Run. Repeat as necessary.
Welcome to the Church of Briantriology!
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Coaches edition in the "new" training peaks.

When I click on the icons on the left (athletes, workout library, etc...), I get a blank cell and nothing comes up. It is all missing. When I am in classic mode, it all works perfectly. Please advise? :-)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Paul Duncan Jr - Triathlete/Coach/Loyal Friend - Coaching Site -

Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [pduncan1984] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pduncan1984 wrote:
Coaches edition in the "new" training peaks.

When I click on the icons on the left (athletes, workout library, etc...), I get a blank cell and nothing comes up. It is all missing. When I am in classic mode, it all works perfectly. Please advise? :-)

Are you using a supported browser? Minimum browsers supported at IE10, Chrome 38, Firefox 33, Safari 7 and Opera 25.


Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
pduncan1984 wrote:
Coaches edition in the "new" training peaks.

When I click on the icons on the left (athletes, workout library, etc...), I get a blank cell and nothing comes up. It is all missing. When I am in classic mode, it all works perfectly. Please advise? :-)


Are you using a supported browser? Minimum browsers supported at IE10, Chrome 38, Firefox 33, Safari 7 and Opera 25.

Probably not. I usually hit the ignore button when it asks me to update. :-) I have safari but not sure which version. I will check and get back to you.. Thanks for the quick response!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Paul Duncan Jr - Triathlete/Coach/Loyal Friend - Coaching Site -

Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you save a run or bike ride into a historical route in the new version, like we could in classic.

I can't find where we can save the run or ride into a route we have established, maybe its highlighted but I can't find it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a very timely thread. I just sent my laptop in to get fixed and they had to do a master reset and I forgot about backing up my WKO files... I have them all downloaded to Strava though so can I get them off Strava and put them back into WKO when I get it up and running again? I have done a google search but it hasn't been much help.
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [bigjo_NZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have two options, if you have the files or can get them from Strava you can do a bulk import - http://help.trainingpeaks.com/...sting-Data-into-WKO- or if you were syncing the data with TrainingPeaks you can re-sync http://help.trainingpeaks.com/...ingPeaks-data-to-WKO

When you get your laptop back you'll have to submit a support ticket to have them re-activate it http://help.trainingpeaks.com/...on-another-computer-


Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rodney,
Quick question....How do I print out my schedule for the week? In the old version, there was a print function and I could set to one week and print. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadisonMan wrote:
Rodney,
Quick question....How do I print out my schedule for the week? In the old version, there was a print function and I could set to one week and print. Thanks

For now you still have to switch to classic mode to print.


Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry---how do I switch to classic?
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadisonMan wrote:
Sorry---how do I switch to classic?

Login to the new app, click on your name in the top right and then click Switch to Classic :)


Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply

Prev Next