Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]

Twinkie wrote:
I can drink 50 beers in 50 days...

Go ahead, someone say I can't do it and I am not trained enough. I dare you.
I will do this for charity too.
I will donate all the money to AA.

Can't be done. I dare you. We need video proof of this as well!!

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Olu] [ In reply to ]

Olu wrote:
Twinkie wrote:

I will have you know I am currently at 17.5% body fat and just came off a serious f*cking bender...I am highly qualified for such a task. I don't lift weights. I don't run as much as I should. I have a slice of pizza whenever I want one. I also went to college...for 5 years. Victory lap. Why? because I was not done partying yet.

So go ahead, dare me again!

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]

Twinkie wrote:
Olu wrote:
Twinkie wrote:

I will have you know I am currently at 17.5% body fat and just came off a serious f*cking bender...I am highly qualified for such a task. I don't lift weights. I don't run as much as I should. I have a slice of pizza whenever I want one. I also went to college...for 5 years. Victory lap. Why? because I was not done partying yet.

So go ahead, dare me again!

ROFLMAO 😂

Twinkie wrote:
I can drink 50 beers in 50 days

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

RandMart wrote:
Twinkie wrote:
I can drink 50 beers in 50 days

“What we have is a failure to Communicate...”

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]

devashish_paul wrote:
goldenkidd wrote:
My bet is a max of 5 -6 ironman, not more

My gut feel is that anyone who can complete a 12 hour IM can do 6 in a row as swim at 90% effort, get into T2 by 9 hours, over the marathon cover 18K jogging at 9 kph (two cumulative hours of running) and walk 24K @ 6kph. This provides a decent amount of time to get to "tomorrow" assuming "tomorrow" starts in the same place as today. She has the additional transport issue including getting from Haiti to Florida on day 1 which already adds a recovery penalty right out of the gate.
I agree, she does not need to race to beat records but............ to do a decaironman you need a realyl specific training,,,, not even talk about 50 iromans in a row ..........
Im giving here credit and lots of hope to the logistics

Make it 50 beers a day for 50 days and you will get some interest.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Benv] [ In reply to ]

Let's get real here. Someone doing something similar to what we do but many days consecutively hurts our egos real bad and that's the reason to argue how she uses the word ironman

I know a former co-workder who ran a race advertised as a "marathon". It was actually 20 km, which is less than half the distance but to this day, he claims he completed a marathon. He says a marathon is not a distance but what the race organizers say it is and since they advertised a marathon, he's good.

Anyone who actually completed a marathon who challenges him and says he didn't run a marathon, just has a hurt ego. Right?
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jul 9, 18 18:48

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [chuy] [ In reply to ]

I've raced the 1 per day in my decas and quintuple. So 1 full iron distance each day for 10 days.

That's impressive.

I assume the DECA was in a set location so you didn't have to travel to another State each night. Given that, how would you rate your chances of adding those logistics of competing in 48 States and then going another 40 days?

Or, given you did 10 consecutive Ironmans could you do 50 in 50 days without the logistical issues?
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jul 9, 18 19:15

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

What was his time for the "marathon"? Is he a something like a 2:04 marathoner or better still, the World Record holder?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Olu] [ In reply to ]

IF she was claiming that she did a full Ironman

If she is saying she is doing "50 Ironman triathlons in 50 days", people who know what an Ironman triathlon is will object if she does a shorter distance. Even if it's not a set distance, most people who have heard of triathlons associate the Ironman with Hawaii, not the local Olympic race.

She is using the headline and if she then changes the distance, it's on her. If she said "50 days of swim/bike/run" without specifying the distance, no one would object. She didn't do that because it doesn't look as impressive. If she is going to use headlines to get attention (and donations), then she has to do the distance and it's fair game to call her out. You can't have it both ways.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]

Is there a chance that we are assuming any mention of Ironman means the full distance? Was this entire thread a victim to confusion of the two? The difference to us seems obvious but is it for the average person? I believe I remember some threads where athletes completing an olympic distance Ironman branded event were getting Ironman tattoos. Didn't Ironman even do some marketing that basically implied you were an Ironman if you completed one of their races?

Or- Is it possible she is working with the Ironman company to do this event? Thus any tri is an Ironman event?
Last edited by: Ralph20: Jul 10, 18 5:32

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Ralph20] [ In reply to ]

Ralph20 wrote:
Is there a chance that as a non-triathlete she is confusing the ironman distance with the Ironman brand? Was this entire thread a victim to confusion of the two? The difference to us seems obvious but is it for the average person? I believe I remember some threads where athletes completing an olympic distance Ironman branded event were getting Ironman tattoos. So there is some confusion at the average person level on how to separate the two.

Or- Is it possible she is working with the Ironman company to do this event? Thus any tri is an Ironman event?

I doubt she is working with the Ironman company. If she is, they're marketing department is completely failing as they're not promoting it on their website.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Ralph20] [ In reply to ]

If it is a collaboration I hope that Welchie will do the live commentary!

In the 1st 10 seconds of the video she says "...full distance Ironman in all 48 states".

Doesn't leave much to interpretation. Anything less then 140.6 miles would be deceitful.

Ok, I assumed it was something vague given the amount of speculation on this thread that she was trying to pull a fast one on us. I should have gone with the more obvious choice that some people here are donkeys. Because there is nothing like going for something epic and having everyone nitpicking the specifics before it even starts.

50 Full distance ironman 70.3s... Like made from 100% genuine pleather

Btw, is it funny that the distance names 70.3 and 140.6 are accurate to one tenth decimal while races can be 5km off? Maybe they should be called 70ish and 140ish?

Sanuk wrote:
Let's get real here. Someone doing something similar to what we do but many days consecutively hurts our egos real bad and that's the reason to argue how she uses the word ironman

I know a former co-workder who ran a race advertised as a "marathon". It was actually 20 km, which is less than half the distance but to this day, he claims he completed a marathon. He says a marathon is not a distance but what the race organizers say it is and since they advertised a marathon, he's good.

Anyone who actually completed a marathon who challenges him and says he didn't run a marathon, just has a hurt ego. Right?

Could not give a rats ass if she does it or not.

That is like saying usain bolt’s ego is hurt when someone runs a mile

Never could understand the thinking that sprints were inferior to LD races.

Ralph20 wrote:
Ok, I assumed it was something vague given the amount of speculation on this thread that she was trying to pull a fast one on us. I should have gone with the more obvious choice that some people here are donkeys. Because there is nothing like going for something epic and having everyone nitpicking the specifics before it even starts.

The way I see it is we have two choices:

#1 Wait and do nothing. "Event" starts on August 8th. We can all then watch it unfold and praise or critique as needed

#2 Have somebody from Slowtwitch officially interview her. Slowtwitch will ask the hard questions and see if it passes the sniff test. If she declines, well we can all start speculating.

6 degrees of separation anyone?

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]

lacticturkey wrote:
50 Full distance ironman 70.3s... Like made from 100% genuine pleather

Btw, is it funny that the distance names 70.3 and 140.6 are accurate to one tenth decimal while races can be 5km off? Maybe they should be called 70ish and 140ish?

Even then. 50 full half 70somethingishs isn’t a walk in the park. Doing 13 miles a day on dead legs from biking for 50 day’s straight is still gonna blow the majority of people up by the end of the first week.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]

What we should do is create a Deadpool - People pick a day she quits and why. Like, "Day 20, ran on elliptical instead of for real." Winner gets some sort of prize we cook up.

I pick Day 6, quits due to issues related to dehydration.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]

ZenTriBrett wrote:
What we should do is create a Deadpool - People pick a day she quits and why. Like, "Day 20, ran on elliptical instead of for real." Winner gets some sort of prize we cook up.

Day 1 doesn’t actually Do a full Ironman theybway the races are

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RBR] [ In reply to ]

RBR wrote:
ZenTriBrett wrote:

Day 1 doesn’t actually Do a full Ironman theybway the races are

Lol. Well that escalated quickly.

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]

ZenTriBrett wrote:

Oo Oo I pick Day 4 due to a mechanical issue (van, bike, shoes, equipment) that way it isn't her fault

Alright, we have so far:

DAY REASON SLOWTWITCHER

1 doesn’t actually Do a full Ironman RBR
4 due to a mechanical issue (van, bike, shoes, equipment) Twinkie
6 Dehydration issues ZenTriBrett

Prev Next