Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running my wahoo bolt, the bar mount installs with zip ties, making it even easier to just dump it on my bta out of the wind :p
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [dfquigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Humbly requesting a photo please :)

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure! Will take a couple when i get home and link to them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
Humbly requesting a photo please :)

Just realized I hadn't done this yet, SORRY!!!

Here's the Wahoo mount zip tied to my profile design aero hc.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2ai10yu.jpg

In the past I have zip tied a bottle cage, but more recently I've found it easier to grab 2 zip ties between the bars to cradle it, can adjust for height, then some electrical tape around it all where both zip ties are. Less likely to have issues with a faulty zip tie ( has happened to me ) covers the zip tie nicely on the bottom, and on the top sides, your arms are there anyways. I find it pretty comfortable. Also, I have done the same with a garmin mount, just with some extra of the bar elastics put together that come with the bar mount. A little less elegant than the 2 zip ties on the wahoo mount, but works.

Bonus points, where I have it, the one zip tie fits in perfectly in the ridge op that front cap, shielding the edge from the wind, if any got to it.

Computer on

http://i64.tinypic.com/2r40mdt.jpg

From the side, completely within my arm's void

http://i66.tinypic.com/11kl83o.jpg

Best I could do with a front image atm, but as you can see, neatly tucked in out of any direct wind.

http://i66.tinypic.com/seofh4.jpg

Bonus points, me racing this last weekend with it. I know my head position could be better, we were climbing, and I was looking up ahead haha. I've considered the torpedo or something to get that stray out of the wind too, but then I gotta move my arm to get it up /shrug

http://i68.tinypic.com/vrvel1.jpg

Hope that helps!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [dfquigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the photos...now I have some inspiration. I bought the Wahoo TT mount and I will try that but if it doesn't work now I have an alternative solution. :) By the way I am not one to criticize ones head position....gotta get it done and everyone can't be super aero like the pros...they get paid to leave no stone unturned...the rest of us have to be comfortable for god knows how many hours we are out there for. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my temporary solution:

I removed the wings holding down the XLAB straw, drilled a hole thru the included stem mount and removed lugs that stops the computer rotating on the stem.

I will move the entire cage forward a bit to get the computer in a better position. The cage position is set to accommodate both standard bottles and XLAB bottle now.

Final solution will include a carbon fiber mount below and in front of the XLAB bottle. But I need do the CAD and measurements to copy the aero mount from Wahoo.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, I get you on the head position, lol.

Depending on your bars and grip tape solution, you may well have a place to tuck that tt mount, and it's a slightly more simple and elegant solution.

I cut my f bends at the second bend to get the grip I wanted, which made me comfortable, but only left room for the tt mount when my bta is not attached to the bike.

Definitely the more forward you can get that computer the better.

The mount that you can get with the profile design hc hides the computer from the wind, but would have placed it at my stem, way too far back to see easily.

Let us know how you make out!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI, XLAB makes a product for your current configuration. It replaces the wings, and still gives your straw a home. I had one of those until I got an out-front mount for my setup.

https://www.xlab-usa.com/space-saver.html
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm that seems to only work for Garmin and Cateye and requires Xlab Torpedo.....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, it is a Torpedo accessory, which is what the poster has. But it is just a generic bar mount, so it is compatible with a wide range of computers, including Wahoo.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that ....appreciate the additional information.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, any word on when Miranda Carfree's additional parts (frame storage and cal pack) will be available to general public? i really want that frame storage!

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Contact your local dealer. Should be easily available to all now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the draft box earlier this week the Calpac is also available to yes contact a Felt dealer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
edit - fixed... :)
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Jun 10, 18 3:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The frame storage is custom and will not be coming to market. XLAB does not make it and I don’t know where she got it.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks similar to the stuff dragtozero has made
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you get water bottle cage btw the pads? I have not been able to find a solution.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I engineered a BTA mount and had it mashied from 5mm carbon fibre. Will design a new mount that incorporates a wahoo mount located about 10cm forward of the Polar mount in the last picture.
Hopefully I can make it compatible with a GoPro mount as well (to mount an aero analysing device when they are affordable).

Personal best:
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone ever experience stripping the inside of this piece (can't find out what its called) used for the saddle?

I was installing a new saddle and barely tightened the screw. Now it looks like the inside threads are stripped.

Is my only option to replace it?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [bbqdbanana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Safest bet replace it, but I did that once in a race weekend.

Option #2... It's speced with shorter screws then there is threads inside the hole. If yourselfva screw that is longer, the screw will still fit and grab into threads that are deeper... Make sure to put grease on the threads before you put it in... And grab a spare.

I keep a spare one of those, a couple spare seat post screws, and a slide chain guard just in case anything ever happened race weekend (each of those things has happened in a race weekend, and finding replacements is almost impossible, in short order)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I may ask how much did that cost to get done?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are those grips/tape replacements you are using?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are ESI Grips, racers edge model (thinnest version). They come in a few different colors. On the extensions I use the full length but on the base bar I had to cut them.

They are really hard to get on there. I used a lot of water to get them to slide on but DI2 wires didn't make life any easier.

They get a bit slippery when wet but they are MTB-grips so it shouldn't be that much of a problem. The grips doesn't move, it's between the hand and grip that I noticed that they aren't sticky when wet.

Looking form the front they hide completely behind the DI2 brake handle so they shouldn't add any frontal area.

Here's a link:
https://esigrips.com/...ps/racers-edge-grips

Personal best:
Quote Reply

Prev Next