Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
short update on this: The framset they offered me was a 2016 version... on top it had a small defect on the seattube (probably just the finishing, but still). So I said thanks, but no thanks...

Thought about switching to the new IA4 with disc brakes, but these will not be available in Germany. So I will wait for the IA10 (2019) which they promised will be in stock in November...

LBS told me that all the IA 2019 modells will have the textreme frames.
Last edited by: andreas78: Sep 15, 18 23:15
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 2016 Felt IA 10 (Black/white/blue) does the seatpost accommodate carbon rails like a Dash saddle?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Mcluvin22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This should be a good answer:
https://www.tririg.com/...10_Review&num=24

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dave, or anyone who knows-

Do you know the bolt specs that keep the areobars attached to the basebar (Felt IA FRD 2015)? I'm trying to buy shorter ones online so the bolt doesn't stick out through the lower nut but my Google-fu isn't getting me to the right ones on Amazon. I'd order straight from Felt but the replacement kit is out of stock. Also not sure it would get here in time before I'm off to IMCHOO.

Thanks!

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
m6x Length
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0021/5701/9254/files/IA_Series_Manual_Bayonet3_Update.pdf?6005743378269436343

Specs are in here
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!!

Last edited by: MrRabbit: Sep 19, 18 5:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrRabbit wrote:

Do you know the bolt specs that keep the areobars attached to the basebar (Felt IA FRD 2015)? I'm trying to buy shorter ones online so the bolt doesn't stick out through the lower nut but my Google-fu isn't getting me to the right ones on Amazon. I'd order straight from Felt but the replacement kit is out of stock. Also not sure it would get here in time before I'm off to IMCHOO.

Thanks!

Shorter? Can you just cut them?

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey wanted to check to see if this is ok. These are the tririg pads I have ordered as a replacement. I normally have bolts in the green and red holes in the Felt bracket, but as you can see the holes in the Tririg pad are too far apart to fit. I can instead use the yellow hole with slight modification, in order to get a second bolt to secure the pad.

Anyone see any issues with this?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Last edited by: Callin': Sep 20, 18 8:24
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's what i did...machined out one hole with dremel to accommodate

Callin' wrote:
Hey wanted to check to see if this is ok. These are the tririg pads I have ordered as a replacement. I normally have bolts in the green and red holes in the Felt bracket, but as you can see the holes in the Tririg pad are too far apart to fit. I can instead use the yellow hole with slight modification, in order to get a second bolt to secure the pad.

Anyone see any issues with this?

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome, thanks for that. I'll pop them on this weekend.

They already look like they are going to be more comfortable and I like the increased surface area from the original Felt pads.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
MrRabbit wrote:

Thanks!

Can and did! I was worried that bolt cutters would distort the bolt and make it tough to screw in. It did a bit, but I was able to jam it in with a lot of force. I may have damaged the nut if I ever want to use a new bolt again but I'm not too worried about that as I think this will be a permanent position.

Thanks again!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would use a hacksaw and clean up the cut end with a file before installing. If you leave a nut further up on the bolt when cutting, it can help you clear any burrs on the end of the thread when you remove it. Seems you took something of brute force approach!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MrRabbit wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
MrRabbit wrote:

Thanks!

Can and did! I was worried that bolt cutters would distort the bolt and make it tough to screw in. It did a bit, but I was able to jam it in with a lot of force. I may have damaged the nut if I ever want to use a new bolt again but I'm not too worried about that as I think this will be a permanent position.

Thanks again!

Next time thread the bolt thru the nut first, then cut. Once cut remove the buy and it’ll clean up the threads a bit. File away remaining burrs.

Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What would be a good way (affordable) to make the IA3 2019 disc a bit lighter.
9.8kg is a bit heavy

Dash saddle saves 200grams.
Tune Axle? Saves 80grams ??
Latex inner tire. Saves 40grams
Continental tt tires saves 60grams

Already ordered
1x setup with carbon 55tooth chainring
and carbon chain stay. ( fibre lyte) 90 grams

And a Rotor 2inpower crankset saves 70grams vs vision trimax crankset.

No front derralieur saves 167 grams

Race wheels 90mm are around 1800 grams no saving on that with the stock wheels
Stock wheels dt Swiss 1800 are 1650grams

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Last edited by: rbe: Sep 22, 18 11:35
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Everything you listed adds up to a little over a pound? It's not gonna make any difference in terms of speed.

I suppose if you are actually comfortable on the dash saddle, then maybe why not.....but 200 grams ain't worth it if its less comfy than the current saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I shouldn't go here but is the amount of money you would spend worth the small gain you would get? I have a 2015 IA and I thought about a bunch of things to do and then talked to my former coach (after I had a brutally honest conversation with myself) and realized I should train better, eat better, sleep more and keep my money. If you at the point that you need that 1% more and you have left no stone unturned then go for it. Just my two cents.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I've read lots through this thread but am looking for a more personalized response. Local shop has 2017 IA16 for $1,999, the perfect price for a college student like me. I'm 5'10.5" 171lbs with a 32" inseam and a 25" torso. I've ridden both the 54 and 56 stock at the shop and they are both said to be able to be fitted to me. I'm unsure what to do. I see many posts on here to go bigger?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [bikerunfun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bikerunfun wrote:
Hi, I've read lots through this thread but am looking for a more personalized response. Local shop has 2017 IA16 for $1,999, the perfect price for a college student like me. I'm 5'10.5" 171lbs with a 32" inseam and a 25" torso. I've ridden both the 54 and 56 stock at the shop and they are both said to be able to be fitted to me. I'm unsure what to do. I see many posts on here to go bigger?
What are your fit coordinates? You should be fitted on a fit bike - assuming the fit is done competently, the fit coordinates will make it very easy to determine whether you should be on the 54 or 56.

Getting fitted "to the bike" is not the best way to go about it.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
Maybe I shouldn't go here but is the amount of money you would spend worth the small gain you would get? I have a 2015 IA and I thought about a bunch of things to do and then talked to my former coach (after I had a brutally honest conversation with myself) and realized I should train better, eat better, sleep more and keep my money. If you at the point that you need that 1% more and you have left no stone unturned then go for it. Just my two cents.
Alternatively, one could get a faster bike AND train better, eat better, and sleep more.

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
bikerunfun wrote:
What are your fit coordinates? You should be fitted on a fit bike - assuming the fit is done competently, the fit coordinates will make it very easy to determine whether you should be on the 54 or 56.

What exactly are you referring too as my fit coordinates?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bikerunfun wrote:
trentnix wrote:
bikerunfun wrote:

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...pectations_3595.html

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
bikerunfun wrote:
trentnix wrote:
bikerunfun wrote:

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...pectations_3595.html

Saddle Height: 73.9cm
Saddle fore/aft: aft 1.1cm
Cockpit: 42-44cm
Armrest/Handlebar elev: 11.8cm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I really need is pad x/pad y (at the top edge of the pad nearest to the rider).

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
All I really need is pad x/pad y (at the top edge of the pad nearest to the rider).

X: 45cm
Y: 63cm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bikerunfun wrote:
trentnix wrote:

X: 45cm
Y: 63cm
That's a 54, slammed (minimum armpad stack with stock bars and stem is 628 mm). That means that the stock 56 is 2 cm too tall and would require an extension undermount and the armrests to be directly on top of the base bar, which I don't advise because it limits armpad adjustment.

So assuming your fit is good, with those coordinates you'd be a 54 and the 56 would not work - which is concerning since your shop indicated otherwise.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply

Prev Next