Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a BTSPAC they aren't using and would like to sell??
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been on backorder in Canada FOREVER!!!

I got mine https://www.insideoutsports.com/...ac.html#.WvPT45ch3IU

At the time shipping to canada wasn't giving me a quote, so I shipped to a buddy who then was able to pay like 10 bucks to ship to me.

Was worth the extra shipping to have it for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the trick to fully utilizing the space in the BTSPAC?

Ideally, I'd want to fit a tube, tire levers, CO2 cartridge, CO2 inflator, and multi-tool (I have the Crankbrothers M10 primarily for the 2mm allenkey).

Would much rather not have to need the draft box and a saddle bag.

After tinkering with it for a bunch last night, I'm not so sure it's possible?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [bbqdbanana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a tube, Crankbrothers M19, tire levers, and inflator in my box. I have a CO2 bracket on my BTS that has two cartridges. I am pretty sure that I could put one CO2 in my Felt draft box, but I don't need to.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have some close-up pictures you can post about your rear setup? Can't fully make it out from your picture in the previous page.

It looks exactly like what I'm after.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's all the junk I carry. I have a Cobb BTS bracket that is designed for my Cobb seat. I have a 2nd tube in the little integrated bag in that bracket. Plus, I have a pair of C02 cartridges on a mount attached to the bracket between my bottles. I ride paranoid-- I want backup tube and C02, because I do not want human error replacing a flat to ruin a 5 hour event.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is awesome.

Thank you. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any real difference between the 2017 and 2018 models? Trying to determine if there's any reason to pick up a new one instead of used or holdover 2017 (or 2016).
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
Just move the rear wheel back using the supplied set screws in the dropouts. I run 27mm tires on the rear with abundant clearance.
My former colleague ran 28c GP4000IIs tires on Profile rims on his IA.

SD
I have the IA 10 from 2017 and am trying to use 25mm tires on the stock rims. Initially when I installed it, the wheel was rubbing against the frame.

What's the trick to making sure you loosen the dropout screws enough and equally on each side before putting the wheel back on. Trial and error?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Count the number of turns on each side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The thread pitch is 0.7mm. You could calculate it. Trial and error always worked for me. Get the gap set with the tire then walk the screw out on the side that is furthest away from the stay to center it.
SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PSA - Don't do what I did. I zip tied a specialized toolkit to the back of my seatpost. This worked in the past, but this weekend when I did it I was in a rush and just threw a couple on there to hold it. Anyway, about 30 miles into the race on Saturday at about 22mph my rear wheel and crank/chain all of a sudden locked up. I was skidding for a while and managed to pull off to the side to see the toolkit wedged between the frame and the rear wheel (mock-up I did last night):

Looking at the bike I saw the whole thing slipped through the zip ties:

Anyway I stuck the kit into my back pocket and pushed on, considering it a stroke of bad and good luck that nothing serious happened. When I was loading up the bike to the car yesterday, I figured I'd check the tire for any damage, remembering I skid quite a ways:

It's actually worse in real life than the picture. Looks like I was pretty close to a DNF but luckily everything lasted until T2.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Last edited by: Callin': May 14, 18 12:54
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that is a sphincter-pucker moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just noticed some IA's with pretty slammed front ends on the thread recently. I'm running the stock bars (IA14) but am now down to zero spacers on the arm rests and am still too tall. Is the answer to fit the aftermarket Dagger stem? - and can anyone tell me how much this would drop the front end?
In addition, if I went for the dagger stem and the alloy bayonet bars (where the extensions slot 'through' the bars) would I be looking at a decent drop on the arm rest stack height?....I'm thinking I probably need 15-20mm over the current situation.
Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [n72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I decide I need to go lower I'll probably look to the new Profile Design Subsonic extensions. Should fit the existing Bayonet 3 and get you that 20mm. It would make for a nice tidy cockpit and wouldn't cost a huge amount either.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - I had not seen them before. Just had a look, and they might just fit the bill exactly.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which extensions did you get? Contemplating on changing mine from the Zipp 110 Evo to 51SS ski bends.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [TriZen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ultimate. Will post some pics latter this week

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [n72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is exactly what I did, I can't remember exactly how much more drop the bayonet bars got me, but the dagger stem definitely added roughly 15 mm of drop in of itself iirc.

I bought my frame based on my old fit, but as it turns out, I could get much more aggressive on the front end in order to optimize my fit, and the frame size I got was just a TOUCH out of reach of that.

Got the bayonet bars, got closer, but then adding the stem really dialed it.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [dfquigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi I’m after some crank replacement option for the ia16. What have people used?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Scotty81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put a SRAM Red 22 crankset on my IA16. I like them because they are some of lightest and stiffest cranks out there. And they look really good. Other good ones are the Vision Trimax that is on nearly every other IA model. The SRAM Force 22 is almost as good as the Red 22. I had an FSA SL-K Light on my road bike until I switched that to eTap. It was a good, light, and stiff crank as well. The new Shimano cranks are pretty sweet, and will fit with an adapter. But, I like the SRAM cranks better than Shimano's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ultegra with a BB adapter. No complaints

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Likewise, dura ace crank with wheelsmfg BB.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went with FSA SLK Light. They seemed to fair well in a comparison article[1] I read on the web and were recommended from a few guys in the local cycling club that ride them.

[1] http://blog.fairwheelbikes.com/...-bike-crank-testing/

Ryan
Felt IA 16: https://i.imgur.com/U5OxU1T.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2015 Felt IA4, Felt doesn't appear to make the IA4 any longer, anyone know if any of the new IA's have the same geometry or another brand that has the 2015 IA4 geometry?

I have looked, however I am unable to find them....

Thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next