Quote | Reply
Cobb 55 JoF here too.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hopper1 wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
That did it!!! That 0.5 degrees was all I need. Just need to find 2 longer bolts for this bar and the washers and think after 5 months of messing with this bike I will have it where i want it.
Glad you got there in the end.
I’ve just fitted the new Calpac and stashed my Blip box underneath the inner section. Now need to decide on riser height, before hiding the final bits of eTap cables 😉

I have blip box in calpac now but thinking of taking it out and mounting on stem so I don’t get it all
Sticky with Gu

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is inside the frame, with the inner Calpac fitted after it, so no sticky gel can get at it.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ran into an issue few days ago where my chain got derailed by what appears to have been a small piece of plastic from a bag getting lodged into my chainring. I wasn't shifting at the time. I got off the bike as soon as I noticed. After several minutes of struggling to get my chain untuck and back onto my chain ring, a small piece came off the bike and some of the carbon behind the chain ring got scratched.

Do I need to re-attach this piece? If so, how?

And how can I prevent this piece from falling off again?

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [bbqdbanana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bbqdbanana wrote:
Do I need to re-attach this piece? If so, how?

And how can I prevent this piece from falling off again?
That is the chain guard that sticks to the frame. You can get a replacement from Felt. It will generally only come off if you intentionally remove it or it sacrifices its life during a chain drop event.

https://www.feltbicycles.com/...te-Protector-IA.aspx
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome.

The piece you linked looks a lot bigger than what came off of my 2017 IA10. Figure it's big enough to cover the carbon that got scratched?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure. That picture may be just a representative example. Yours looks different from the one on my IA16...mine looks more like the picture. Maybe Felt change it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Today during my ride my rear wheel seized on me, when I stopped and look at it it seems like the brake spring snapped and got stacked between the chain ring and the frame protector (which stayed in place), I managed to pull it out of there and hold it out of the way with the brake cable (I know, I know) no rear brake on way back home. Can i get that spring by itself or do I need the whole brake? If I need the new brake assembly what are my options to upgrade? I can't tell why the spring came off so not sure if it will do it again, anyone else has this issue? Of course I have a race on Saturday so this is just awesome.
Felt IA16 2017, shimano BR-5810 105 direct mount rear brake.
Last edited by: DaniD: May 28, 18 13:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This exact thing happened to me on my second ride on new IA10. Shifted between rings, felt a momentary lock up, metal clanging on the pavement, went back to find the chain guard/frame guard on the ground. Seems odd that these things are so fragile.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [DaniD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shimano Ultegra direct mount, buy it slap it on and go to town. No real need to "upgrade" the rear brake IMO. The Ultegra brake can be had for 40 bucks on ebay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are 2 different versions listed, a part number for the integrated brakes, and a part number for the direct mount brakes.

If you look at the framesets themselves you can see the difference, pictured on the link given for the protector is the one for integrated brake setups like on the FRD, 1-4:

"Frame Chain Plate Protector Road IA (FRD, 1-4) Series – 9000026"

Which you can see on the FRD here: https://www.feltbicycles.com/...A-FRD-Frame-Kit.aspx

Where the IA10,14,16 has direct mount brakes and the plate looks like the one that fell:

"Frame Chain Plate Protector Road IA (10, 14, 16) Series – 9000509"

Pictured on the IA10 here: https://www.feltbicycles.com/.../IA10-Frame-Kit.aspx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Felt IA-10 and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for bars to use to have more of the "praying mantis" position? Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
hopper1 wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
hopper1 wrote:
I did have a Sitero Pro, brought over from previous bike. Loved it, but had real difficulty setting the angle!
As it was a Pro, I also had real difficulty finding the right oval rail clamps...
Eventually, I changed to a Prologo Tgale. Good saddle, even if it looks brutall.
Now, I have sussed the bloody clamp, to set at any angle, I'm going to get another Sitero (2018) and return to it.

Ok so I am not alone. I guess I could file down the inside of the clamp from the front and but a shim on the back of the clamp to get it to angle forward now. It might just be easier to go with a different seat. I have had to do a lot with this bike to get it where I want it. Almost there.

That seems quite a drastic move to make!
I struggled with my saddle angle until I found the instructions that show how to alter the angle 0.5 degree at a time.
My current saddle is now set at 3 degrees. And I know I could set the Sitero at that, too.

Where are those instructions! The Sitero rails also don't quite fit the clamp and is always some play in saddle forward and back. Not the biggest deal since once you put weight on it it stays in a more forward angle.

You have the clamps that are labeled OVAL CLAMPS most likely. Those were originally developed by 3T to fit Fizik 10m x 7mm oval rails. The Specialized (and many others) use 9mm x 7mm rails. Use the 9x7 caps and the slop will be gone. You can also get a set of the 7mm round caps and file them to mate/fit perfectly with any saddle rail shape like some of the more unusual sized ones (Dash, Selle Italia, etc)

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a link to a guide for adjusting the rear brake on an IA10? I believe it's a Shimano direct mount. I need to adjust the calipers slightly to accept my wider HEDs without rubbing.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [island rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
island rider wrote:
Does anyone have a link to a guide for adjusting the rear brake on an IA10? I believe it's a Shimano direct mount. I need to adjust the calipers slightly to accept my wider HEDs without rubbing.
https://www.bing.com/...amp;&FORM=VRDGAR

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp Vuka Alumina Evo 110 Aerobar Extensions
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. For the life of me I couldn't find a good one...
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will look into these myself too thanks for that!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have an IA and use Wahoo Bolt? If so what mount are you using? Thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, ordered the tt bar mount through my LBS from their wahoo distributor, same one that comes with the bigger ELEMNT.

Works perfectly well, just don't get that extra watt of savings like on the out front mount, but it's hidden from the wind anyways.

When I want to use a BTA, I've just thrown the bar mount on top of it using some doubled up bands to go around the bottle.

Once again, hidden from wind, so no biggie.

If you have a computer mount on a bta, even better.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [dfquigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I have seen the K-edge mount and think the price is absolutely outrageous. I will most likely use a Garmin mount and clip it as I have seen on YouTube.

Last edited by: TizzleDK: Jun 2, 18 4:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TizzleDK wrote:
I will look into these myself too thanks for that!!

Here is a pic of the evo's on my Felt. My arm pads don't tilt up, but I have Ceegee pads on them which keep my elbows comfy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe you have the alpha x bars on your bike. Someone near me is selling a used cockpit. I was planning to upgrade in the future after doing some better research, but this is a decent deal. Now that im looking at pictures though, it appears the pads cant be set as far back as I have them with the bayonet.

Below is a video of me right after buying the bike. Very quick fit on my own, but shows where my pads roughly should be. Im thinking the Alpha x might be too much extension. I definitely need to be on the saddle nose a bit more and rotate hips (in regular shorts so tougher to do), but I dont think that makes up for the extension/reach difference. My pads are at about the center of the top of the fork. Seems pics of IA'swith the alpha x have them further out.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After reviewing fit guide and taking my measurememts, confirmed that im at like 482mm pad reach and these bottom out at 492mm (or something very close to those numbers). Now I just need to find a clean bar system that works with the IA. Really trying to clean up the wires and cables. Have about half of my di2 stuff purchased to make the change soon.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummer, but yeah, I don't think the Alpha X pads will go that far back... I think the min distance from center line of the steerer tube to center line of the arm rest is 80mm. That means that the rear edge of the armrest is about 36mm forward of the steerer tube centerline.

You could get the Sigma X stem to help hide the Di2 wires and brake cables. I believe that it has good cable management. Then, add a great base bar, and you are set. I think the Dagger stem is longer than the standard IAxx stem you have now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next