Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a quick one, how much u would pay for 2018 IA FRD frame now?
What discount I should look for if i going to get one now, size 51?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thank you...I guess that's what I thought the most sensible fix was. I understand SRAM tries to cut down on the number of SKU's and making 1 product "adaptable" for many bikes, but at least provide information for why their crap doesn't fit straight out of the box.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is more likely the bike and bearings in it. Before SRAM had their adjustable endplay piece they would use wave springs. Spacers would almost always be need to get it correct, this is the case with every other manufacturer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
I have an IA16 and wanted to replace the FSA Omega crankset and go shorter crank lengths. Assuming a BB30, I purchased a SRAM Force 22 crankset. I went through the install manual and looked like I had everything I needed to bolt it on (large spacer DS, preload adjuster NDS). There is way too much movement in the crank laterally. I asked SRAM if I'm missing additional spacers and the only thing they asked me is if I also have a SRAM BB30. Did I overlook this part and need to have also purchased a SRAM specific BB30? Seems inconvenient to purchase a crankset for a BB30 and it not fitting a BB30...confused - any insight on what I should do?
SRAM does not follow the BB30 standard across its line. Some of their cranks have longer spindles that are more like FSA's MegaEXO standard. The problem is, SRAM calls them all BB30.

I have a SRAM Red 22 BB30, and that one is actually a BB30. I have read posts that SRAM's "BB30" cranks with removable spiders are the ones with the long spindles. I have also read that the Force & Rival cranksets have the long spindles. I am not sure the truth, but you will need a spacer for your BB30 crankset with the extra long spindle.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:

SRAM does not follow the BB30 standard across its line. Some of their cranks have longer spindles that are more like FSA's MegaEXO standard. The problem is, SRAM calls them all BB30.

I have a SRAM Red 22 BB30, and that one is actually a BB30. I have read posts that SRAM's "BB30" cranks with removable spiders are the ones with the long spindles. I have also read that the Force & Rival cranksets have the long spindles. I am not sure the truth, but you will need a spacer for your BB30 crankset with the extra long spindle.

SRAM has long axle and regular length axles. They do not fit any differently, just need the correct spacers, which are provided with a brand new crank. They have long axle cranks in several different lines in order to install power meters on the crank.

SRAM does a good job with their documentation, even down to noting that the spacers are +/-.

https://www.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/95-6118-015-000_rev_c_road_cranksets_and_bottom_brackets_0.pdf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...assuming you purchase their BB because their install guidance is useless otherwise. Replacing a BB with every crankset sounds a bit overboard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how much u would pay for 2018 IA FRD frame now? 
What discount I should look for if i going to get one now, size 51? 

Anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [lightspeed79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Edelrad.de has 40 percent discount of it

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Lbs quote me $6200 for the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i found a nice project on the web for a drinking system

https://www.shapeways.com/product/SASSPW22E/felt-ia-calpac-cover-w-1000ml-fuelselage-mod

anyone using this ?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbe wrote:
i found a nice project on the web for a drinking system

https://www.shapeways.com/product/SASSPW22E/felt-ia-calpac-cover-w-1000ml-fuelselage-mod

anyone using this ?

I used it for IMLou last year. It works. It's a bit of a pain to get the bladder set up nicely so that you can fill it up as much as possible and keep it so that the straw flow isnt obstructed but it's a nice option if you want hidden hydration
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
40% off seem too deep of a discount....
too good tobe true...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it is a legit site

i did buy a frameset (Argon18 E118Next) some years ago there fast shipping and a good price.
He shipped it to the Netherlands so i presume he sends it world wide.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just look a the site, stll at regular price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait until kona then the 2018 drops in price

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone who has a 56 or 58 IAx frame measure the distance between the seatpost and the earobar. I want to check if my knees don't touch the aerobar

I am 190 tall. Inseam length is 92cm my saddle height is 83cm.

Thanks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 56 which I could measure but I'm not clear what it is you want to know.
Is it the horizontal distance from the centre of the base bar clamp to, say, the centre of the slot in the seatpost at top tube level?
I wold think a measurement from the BB to the centre of the base bar would be most useful as your saddle location will undoubtedly be very different to mine.

The geometry of he bike is available on Felt's website. The Tri155 stem length is known and doesn't take spacers and the reach figure is available. So, it's easy enough to locate the bar clamp location relative to the bottom bracket. Then it's just a case of figuring out where you want the saddle. You'll likely end up with a more accurate dimension since bottom bracket to clamp is a little tricky to directly measure accurately without setting up plumb lines or a laser.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is idd from centre bb to the clamp. I can use that to figure out the rest.
My old bike had reach and stack for the elbow pads. Felt uses frame stack and reach. So a bit difficult to compare.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might find these useful:

According to Dan's chart in the second link, a Felt IA in 56 has a pad position range of about 635-690mm stack and 430-560mm reach.
I think he took that from another graphic of his showing all the IA sizes but I may remember that wrong, I can't find it just now.
However you can figure out the range for the 58 just by comparing the frame stack and reach. The stem is the same for both.

https://www.slowtwitch.com/..._your_Felt_5739.html

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...Front_End__6507.html

What's idd?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Nicolopolus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt IA Wizards: looking for some help on frame size. I’m super confused. I’m trying to figure out my options between a IA vs. IAxx and which one is the better choice.

Pad stack 537
Pad reach 462 (to center of pads)
Saddle height 698 (on 165 cranks, which was the fitter’s recommendation and what was on the fit bike)

All this done in a Retul fit last year, and clearly it puts me aggressively low. The Felt calc goes blank when I put these numbers in; I tried to chat/email them but I’m still waiting for a response.

My inseam is about 30”, I’m 5’6” and when I’m in good shape I’m around 150lb, I could get lighter if I try. I swear it worked before and put me on a 51 IAxx but now I can’t get it to work. A 48 frame seems absurdly low. But would I still be on a 51 if I went with an IA w/ integrated front end? If yes, would I do an undermount setup to get the low?

I’m not opposed to either option, obviously I want the cleanest setup. I’ve got Vuka Alumina clips with undermount option and Evo 110 extensions now, but I don’t have to keep them and I would probably get an Aeria stem and TriRig brakes if I did go the IAxx route.

Anyone who can help with fit options? I don’t have a ton of time to get to bike shops so I’m trying to do my research ahead of time. I found Another couple posters with similar saddle height and reach but not stack at 535-540 like mine. Again, a 48 seems crazy, or maybe I am.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a quick response from felt.de
Maybe you can email them.

-----
Idd is indeed.

Last edited by: rbe: Oct 24, 18 23:28
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a favorite bike case for their IA FRD? I have the 2015 model, and I'm hoping to find a hard case that requires as little dismantling as possible regarding handlebars, brakes,etc. I'm definitely willing to pay more for an easier shipping process... Thank you!

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrRabbit wrote:
Does anyone have a favorite bike case for their IA FRD? I have the 2015 model, and I'm hoping to find a hard case that requires as little dismantling as possible regarding handlebars, brakes,etc. I'm definitely willing to pay more for an easier shipping process... Thank you!

I think the best on the market is the one from Premier. Can leave the handlebars on, and unlike the scicon versions, this is hard sided I think...

https://www.premierbike.com/...cts/bike-travel-case
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeremyebrock wrote:
Felt IA Wizards: looking for some help on frame size. I’m super confused. I’m trying to figure out my options between a IA vs. IAxx and which one is the better choice.

Pad stack 537
Pad reach 462 (to center of pads)
Saddle height 698 (on 165 cranks, which was the fitter’s recommendation and what was on the fit bike)

All this done in a Retul fit last year, and clearly it puts me aggressively low. The Felt calc goes blank when I put these numbers in; I tried to chat/email them but I’m still waiting for a response.

My inseam is about 30”, I’m 5’6” and when I’m in good shape I’m around 150lb, I could get lighter if I try. I swear it worked before and put me on a 51 IAxx but now I can’t get it to work. A 48 frame seems absurdly low. But would I still be on a 51 if I went with an IA w/ integrated front end? If yes, would I do an undermount setup to get the low?

I’m not opposed to either option, obviously I want the cleanest setup. I’ve got Vuka Alumina clips with undermount option and Evo 110 extensions now, but I don’t have to keep them and I would probably get an Aeria stem and TriRig brakes if I did go the IAxx route.

Anyone who can help with fit options? I don’t have a ton of time to get to bike shops so I’m trying to do my research ahead of time. I found Another couple posters with similar saddle height and reach but not stack at 535-540 like mine. Again, a 48 seems crazy, or maybe I am.
Pad stack minimum on a 48 IA is 560 (set up normally). A 48 IAx is 575 (set up normally).

A P5X in a 48 has a minimum of 528 and is the only bike I know of that would fit those coordinates.

I'll say this - a 16 cm armpad drop for a 537 mm pad stack for a 700 mm saddle height is pretty crazy. I've fit plenty of small people and never had anyone with a pad stack that small.

Either you're an extreme outlier or something about your fit isn't right. The reach works fine, so you may very well just be an outlier.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I modified the aluminum bars and the bar risers on my IA1 so that I can now route the di2 wires thorough them, as well as installed a bar-end Junction-A box in the rear of one of the extensions. Much more convenient for seeing the charge level and making micro adjustments rather than having it behind the front cover. Looks a lot cleaner as well.

I also cut up some silicone MTB grips and wrapped them with Zipp CX tape. Pretty fat overall but very comfortable.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Last edited by: Callin': Oct 30, 18 9:19
Quote Reply

Prev Next