Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry if this has been answered before, but what is the crank arm length of a size 54 Felt IA16?
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vittorio wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered before, but what is the crank arm length of a size 54 Felt IA16?
Thanks.

On a size 54 its supposed to be 170mm, however my size 54 IA10 came with a 172.5
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j.shanney wrote:
vittorio wrote:
Thanks.

On a size 54 its supposed to be 170mm, however my size 54 IA10 came with a 172.5

Tks a lot
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Felt website says 170mm. And my 2016 IA16 came with a 170.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Apr 4, 18 12:36
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [sommer00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sommer00 wrote:
I added a draft box from Quintano Roo and simply mount it with hot clue pistol. Works perfect and has plenty of space for Co2, tube.....
Additionally, I cut the innerpart of the Calcpac (part direction steem) and mounted a bag that goes into the frame. There I also have Co2 & tube, perfectly aero as it is inside the frame.

what size is your ia and whats the q box did you get? can you take a closer image of how you attached it. thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [natataka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey
I have a 56 but as you can see, 54 would work as well as there is still space to the rear wheel and bascially it could be mounted even higher.

I ordered it directly @ Quintana Roo website: https://rooworld.shptron.com/...oss-black-qbox?pp=12
btw: the draft box has a red flashing rear light to turn on, so improves security while training :-)

picture will follow tonight (Swiss time)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt IA FRD
Enve Wheel/Zipp Disc
SLF Pulleys
Wheel Decal: Bicyle Makeover
Sram Etap in 1X set up
Quarq PM

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!
Looking at the size of that chainring, and small cassette, I'm assuming no races with big hills! ;)
I just put some Zipp evo extensions of mine today, seeing if I can get comfy on them. My pads don't tilt up though...
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Galveston, Buffalo, Kerville, Santa Cruz, and Wilmington......So thats a negative on hills. 54t with a 11-26.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get the gearing for racing, but how do you spin easy with that combo in training? Do you just stick to using erg mode on an indoor trainer?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I biked 75 miles last weekend with 5k of climbing in this set up. Cadence got as low as low 60's on the hills with power btw 250-300. If i was planning to use it as daily training bike I would move the rear to a 11-28 and front to a 52t.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [natataka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here we go, closer pictures, one with the hot clue,one with duck tape and one with my modified calpack that includes spare tire in the frame.

Last edited by: sommer00: Apr 9, 18 0:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the Evo 70 or 110?

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if the same thing can be done with with Felt storage box, if it would sit flush with the seat tube to be glued on....

That said, I think I may take the more simple approach for this year of putting an Xlab stealth pocket 100c vertically zip tied to the back of the seat post (or a 500c if the 100c is too small to fit tube/co2/inflator/lever).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, guess it depends how big the surface of the Felt box is to glue it on. But basically, with hot glue, you can stick more or less everything everywhere :-)

But to be honest, when I saw the Xlab stealth pocket on the photo published here, I truely liked that solution as well. Will not work for me as I have a XLab Single Bottle cage mounted on the back below my saddle, but if you do not have that, I guess the XLAB is a cool option. But also keep in mind, the hot glue thing is really easy to do.

Take care and have a great season
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this has been answered before, but I'm unable to find details using my google-fu.

Would there be enough aero savings to justify removing the rubber bullhorn grips on my IA14 and replacing them with bar tape? They look pretty inefficient from an eyeball aero test.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [PomDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PomDad wrote:
Not sure if this has been answered before, but I'm unable to find details using my google-fu.

Would there be enough aero savings to justify removing the rubber bullhorn grips on my IA14 and replacing them with bar tape? They look pretty inefficient from an eyeball aero test.

In all my reading on these bikes, I don’t recall that ever being discussed. I understand what you mean, I had an IA16 and now have a IA4, the 4 being different due to the different cockpit.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey all, on the underside of a friend's '15 FRD, there are two silver stickers. One says 'IA FRD XL', then the other below it says '70%'. What the heck is the 70% sticker meant to mean?!

Ah crap, never mind, should have searched, I see it has to do with the amount of clear coat on the frame or something like that....
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Apr 13, 18 16:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the FRD versions they are only 70% carbon.

The other 30% is absolute sexiness.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [derailleur'd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No argument here... :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't sufficiently protect my bike from sweat while using it on the trainer over the winter. Now I've got a corroded headset.
Anyone able to recommend a set of replacement headset bearings for my IA14?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd just contact Felt to verify what size bearings you need, then just buy whatever $10 enduro's you can find online. Please don't waste money on ceramic bearings for a headset..lol ;)

Edit - or you can just measure your current bearings yourself to get the proper size.
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Apr 27, 18 6:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
11-26 is the spec with ETap. Got one in and I thought the same thing. I remember when I would not be caught dead without a 11-23 lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh I won't be splashing out on headset bearings.
It's really the spec I was trying to figure out.
I can measure them over the weekend, but would order them this afternoon if I knew what to get.

The spec says they're FSA IS Integrated 1.125" ACB sealed cartridge bearings but I'm not sure that's sufficient to ensure compatibility?
Quote Reply

Prev Next