Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cant get a picture to load the right direction lately, but here's an issue I'm having with my IA16. Putting alphaX bars on sand theres a pretty large gap beneath the dust cap. Plus there seems to be some play in the front end. Am I missing something? I know the stock stem has an integrated dust cap, and I thought the AlphaX parts worked.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the 2019 IA10 come with the Di2 brake shifters?

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a lock ring on top of that headset bearing? Is it all the way engaged with the bearing? That’s the only reason I could see that dust cap not sitting down all the way. That’s probably why you have slop there too.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the picture it doesn’t look like it but the specs say 8060 brake levers which are ultegra di2. So looks like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
everything should be flush with the alpha x cockpit - i just installed mine this week on my IA16. make sure the fork is fully pressed up against the head tube.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it comes with the Di2 brake shifters. But only the version with one button. So you can only really use it in the synchro shift mode
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like I had a little slop. Re assembled and think I have everything seated properly now, but still have a small gap. Much smaller than before, but still there. The play seems to be gone though.

Another issue is the steerer tube is pretty much the exact wrong length. Exactly flush with the top of the stem. Not sure the top cap is actually torqueing down on the stem or the steerer tube. And putting a spacer ring above isn't ideal as the steerer tube doesnt really extend above them stem to centralize the spacer. I've got it installed in this pic, but would be worried that ring would shift under load allowing things to come loose. If that makes any sense. Every spacer I've used before typically has some of the steerer tube inside of it. Again, the tube is basically dead flush with the stem.

After I get everything installed, I'm just going to bring to my LBS for a final once over. I have a store credit anyway. Just wanted to tackle this myself to run cables a little more specifically than I think they would have done (not the mess that's currently shown, haha).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
current pic of my work in progress...steerer tube was perfectly flush with stem - not sure if it was cut by the bike shop when they initially assembled it or not.
Last edited by: casper3043: Dec 5, 18 4:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i realize i added the spacer that came with the stem/cap - that's the difference between our setups. i have yet to do any real "fitting" but i'm pretty sure i won't need to go lower so the spacer for me can stay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
i realize i added the spacer that came with the stem/cap - that's the difference between our setups. i have yet to do any real "fitting" but i'm pretty sure i won't need to go lower so the spacer for me can stay.

That is an option to remedy the stem being perfectly flush on my bike as I doubt the stem spacer is going to raise my fit too much. I still have the ability to go with the slammed spacers for the arm pads. So wouldn't really affect stack height.

But in terms of the gap for your headset cover / dust cap, it appears you don't have the same issue, so something is not right on mine. I noticed the newer bikes come with a felt proprietary headset cover when using standard stems. I don't know if they shipped it with the 2017 model which I have. I need to dig through the bag of spare parts that came with the bike. If not, it's 20 bucks and hopefully that fits properly. Aesthetically looks a little better too. Going pick up my CalPac 2.0 from my LBS today and will show them the picture as well to get their opinion.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the headset cover you have pictured was provided in the "bag of things" I have with my IA, but it was never installed on my bar setup. I also had a 17' NOS, but it came updated with the Calpac 2.0 so I don't know what else was changed over from the older models.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ran by the LBS and discussed. He had a spare Felt adapter headset cap. Just what I needed. Solved all issues.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anybody ordered an IA3 disc? Any idea on lead time on one of those?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one ordered , mid January planned for the Netherlands

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone.

Does anyone have two extra IA arm cup mounts????? The mounts that hold the arm cups to the extensions....

If anyone has two extras let me know, thanks!!!

Ben
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Fuquani] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might; let me check when I get home. feel free to PM me tomorrow to remind me if I haven't posted back

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Let me know
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:

Looks like the 10 & 16 have different BB shells

I got some into from Felt (Road/Tri Product manager) regarding the 2019 Felt IA16 (IAxx):

- The 2019 IAxx have moved from BB30 to BSA threaded.
- The advanced carbon/textreme frame is also a new carbon layup (same as IA series, just different mold). Apparently the 2019 IAxx have a better stiffness to weight than the IAxx frames prior, but weight is not directly comparable due to the BSA bb.
- Finally, the IAxx frames accommodate up to 28mm tires AND WHEELS with use of appropriate rim brakes (Shimano for example). This is not new.

I am having a hard time not pulling the trigger for one in black. I figure with a tririg front brake and some 28mm wheels with 25mm gp5000 tires, it would be a hard combo to beat for the money. I just don't see the need for disc brakes when you can get 28mm wheels in.

My only concern would be rear brake rub in a slightly untrue wheel, or under hard efforts. Experiences with 28mm wide wheels would be appreciated.
Last edited by: Rocket_racing: Dec 16, 18 20:02
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
25’s will be the new 23’s. If looking for a new rig make sure your looking at tire clearance for the future. Nothing worse than saying “I got a new bike but wish.”

New Felt’s look awesome looking at pulling the trigger on an IA disc frame set.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Mgibo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, 25mm tires on 28mm rims is key for me. The old ia fits it... just not sure how “close” it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ben -Did you get ahold of the clips. I have some I can send you. Paul
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [soldagreen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I didn’t get any. That’d be great if you have some I could have!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
folks,

I know this question is prob asked a million times but can't find it.
So building up a 2018 Felt IA 10 bike. Tririg aplha x in post and have SRAM mechanical parts and omega x front brake.

Question is what rear direct mount are people using? Also any recommendations on brake levers? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Rodneyr1981] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rodneyr1981 wrote:
So building up a 2018 Felt IA 10 bike. Tririg aplha x in post and have SRAM mechanical parts and omega x front brake.

Question is what rear direct mount are people using? Also any recommendations on brake levers? Thanks

I am using a Tririg Omega X on my 2016 IA16 for the rear. That is overkill, but I like the center pull cable routing and mechanical advantage of its design. Assuming the current IA bikes use direct mount, the best value for performance option is the Ultegra direct mount brake.

When I did mine, Tririg recommended the Shimano BI-TT78 and BI-TT79 brake levers for their stronger pull ratios. I put the TT78 on my bike and was not disappointed. I wish I had splurged on the TT79 levers, because carbon. Now I have the Di2 Dura Ace brake levers on my bike.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Jan 9, 19 7:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered an IA1 disc frameset. Should we start a new thread for the disc version of this bike or just keep it here?
Quote Reply

Prev Next