Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [jsmith82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM me and I might can help.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dealers keep quoting the dealer portal, which is not correct. The frames are due in the last week of February, and available first week of March. Fingers crossed.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat as you, including my concerns of not having it in time for IMTX. I hadn't heard about anything regarding bottom bracket issues, but the availability date of the frame kit just keeps slipping to the right. I was on the verge of having my LBS strip down a full bike to sell me the frame that way, but I decided to wait so I can be sure to get the color I like best. Hopefully they work the issues out soon.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robegan99 wrote:
I'm in the same boat as you, including my concerns of not having it in time for IMTX. I hadn't heard about anything regarding bottom bracket issues, but the availability date of the frame kit just keeps slipping to the right. I was on the verge of having my LBS strip down a full bike to sell me the frame that way, but I decided to wait so I can be sure to get the color I like best. Hopefully they work the issues out soon.

We may have to meet up and get a picture for this forum thread with our (hopefully) new IA10's.

My LBS is pitching stripping another 10 down and using a third party stem with some other components to build up a bike that will meet my fit requirements as well as the frankenbike requirements, this build of mine is a 1x, all my stuff is purchased and sitting around just waiting for a frame. But like you I am really not in to the silver light grey over light carbon look. I just really don't like colors. If it were up to me the damn thing would be pitch black head to toe. Over a few beers last weekend we discussed a wrap job. I'm not against it, but whatever was put in place to make up for the difference between the 10 set and the 10 stripped would have to hit the price point and match quality.

But in the end, fit fit fit.

Regards,
J. Smith
Last edited by: jsmith82: Jan 25, 18 7:14
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:
Have you or anyone in your shop installed SRAM etap aero for anyone yet on a new IA?
If so where did you put or try to hide the blip box?
The blip cables aren't always long enough to put it in the Calpac, but that's where we put it if we have the option. Otherwise, use the bridge and mount it there.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the IA1, which is eTap.
The blip box was initially on a special stem cap, which has integrated mount built onto it.
My blip box is now tucked inside the frame, underneath the Calpac.
Works fine and can't be seen.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've looked at the spares/accessories website, but no luck, so far...
Is there a reason that anyone knows, as to why the IA1 is sold with eTap, but the rear exit point for cable/ Di2 wire is still fitted.
Why isn't there a specific blanking plug for the cable outlet, it looks very poor (IMO!)
Any of you dealers know of a fix/ part?...
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to you and Trent for responding.

I thought I had seen someone say they were able to mount it inside the calpac, but wasn't sure if that was right or where I read that. I was a bit concerned about the wire lengths. I guess worse case I could use a stem mount.

I was out last weekend on my road bike upgraded a year ago with etap. It is amazing how pleasant it is using electronic shifting and I was a real skeptic before I got the etap.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
Trent I have a question for you or anyone (SuperDave/Jim!)! I am between a 51 and 54. If I go 51 i will have to add some spacers and will move elbows out over the front wheel or I can go 54 which is going to be close call if I can get low enough and will just have everything slammed down on the bar. Going with a TriRig Alpha X to get some more wiggle room, if needed I could switch to a dagger stem and zipp bar to get a little more drop. Thoughts? (I am coming off a Trek SC L frame, maxed out on drop but don't really need anymore either)

for reference: 490/460 for the X/Y and 762 saddle height on current bike

I know Jim has prev stated he thinks the IA x will be able to get better fit as well, this just leads to my confusion even more.

You can get the pads on the stem and extensions under the base bar. It can go much lower on the 54cm. That's the size if you want lowest drag.

Dave, just to be sure. You can mount the extensions below the base bar no matter if it the carbon or the alu version?

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
Trent I have a question for you or anyone (SuperDave/Jim!)! I am between a 51 and 54. If I go 51 i will have to add some spacers and will move elbows out over the front wheel or I can go 54 which is going to be close call if I can get low enough and will just have everything slammed down on the bar. Going with a TriRig Alpha X to get some more wiggle room, if needed I could switch to a dagger stem and zipp bar to get a little more drop. Thoughts? (I am coming off a Trek SC L frame, maxed out on drop but don't really need anymore either)
for reference: 490/460 for the X/Y and 762 saddle height on current bike
I know Jim has prev stated he thinks the IA x will be able to get better fit as well, this just leads to my confusion even more.

You can get the pads on the stem and extensions under the base bar. It can go much lower on the 54cm. That's the size if you want lowest drag.

Dave, just to be sure. You can mount the extensions below the base bar no matter if it the carbon or the alu version?

Thanks for the inquiry, in my experience in developing these handlebars both the Bayonet III alloy bars and the Carbon IA Dagger system can allow for under-bar extension mounting. I've left Felt Bicycles 2 years ago so I'm not sure if anything has been done to prevent this option; I suspect not. It would be wise to get their latest take on the fit options.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beautiful machine

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a ton. I am working on another round of updates to get ready for the season. I cannot wait to get everything done... new Calpac, draft box, 90mm front & disc rear wheels, new sweet looking BTA setup, and Di2.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Jan 25, 18 14:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Designed my own BTA mount that I combined with an XLAB torpedo cage. At the moment the design fit exactly like the narrow bridge. But that should be possible to change for any width.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sloth wrote:
Does anyone else have an issue with the rear brake cable rubbing the stem? I cannot see a way this wouldn't rub based on the shape of the top cap and where the cable is routed.

After a few rides I can already feel the cable housing is starting to wear on the outside. Whats the best way to fix this?

I know I'm digging up a super old post, but this is incorrectly routed, yeah? Because that's how mine is too. This is the right way, right? http://i66.tinypic.com/zvbh46.jpg

EDIT: Well actually, the more I scroll through this thread, I see a ton of bikes setup in the 'wrong' way. Thoughts?

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Last edited by: justinhorne: Jan 26, 18 20:22
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Technically, it is wrong because the cable is supposed to route through the stem and then into the calpac passage. But, it is not unusual. The stem is designed to crush the brake cable housing and reduce rear brake effectiveness. So, the bike shop probably took the safe assembly path. If you are a good mechanic, you could reroute it yourself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Technically, it is wrong because the cable is supposed to route through the stem and then into the calpac passage. But, it is not unusual. The stem is designed to crush the brake cable housing and reduce rear brake effectiveness. So, the bike shop probably took the safe assembly path. If you are a good mechanic, you could reroute it yourself.

Thanks. I'm not dissatisfied with the rear braking so I'll probably leave it as is for now. Maybe recable it when I upgrade calpacs. Thanks.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all, can I please get some help with di2 setup for an IA?

I have read some of the other posts here about it, but am a bit confused as to why the suggestions seem different from my current Trek SC9...

So with my trek, I have both the di2 brake levers, and the di2 aero extension shifters.
The 4 wires from these all go to one 5-port junction box that I have close to where the cables go into the top tube.
From there, one wire goes down to the BB where there is a 'B' 4-port junction.
From the 'B' junction, one wire goes up the seat tube to the battery, one goes to rd, one goes to fd.

So what is different about the IA setup, other than the fact that I believe I can put the battery in the batpac (or whatever its called) behind the bb??
If it matters, the two bikes are basically same size - medium trek to a 54 IA.

Thanks!!!

EDIT - I just looked at the supp manual online (duh...).
https://www.feltbicycles.com/...talManual_102315.pdf

So I see on the first page, the only diff from my above setup is the extra junction b box in the head tube.
But I'm not clear as to why. Are the bars on the IA longer than on a typical trek, and thus the wires from the brakes/shifters aren't long enough??

And - is it different for the IA1 & FRD style frames? When I look at the specific guide for those, they really just show the wires going into a 5 port junction in the head tube, but I don't see mention/pics of an extra 4 port junction in there..

Thanks!
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Jan 27, 18 5:09
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teinvall wrote:
Designed my own BTA mount that I combined with an XLAB torpedo cage. At the moment the design fit exactly like the narrow bridge. But that should be possible to change for any width.

Looks like that will place the bottle pretty far back, can you post a pic on the bike with the bottle in it?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
teinvall wrote:

Looks like that will place the bottle pretty far back, can you post a pic on the bike with the bottle in it?

Here’s a picture with the Torpedo bottle. Standard 750ml bottle works as well. I use the Zipp evo 110 extensions that is very narrow so I can’t have the bottle much further forward.
If you run a smaller frame with the same pad reach I agree the design will put it to far back.

Personal best:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teinvall wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
teinvall wrote:

Here’s a picture with the Torpedo bottle. Standard 750ml bottle works as well. I use the Zipp evo 110 extensions that is very narrow so I can’t have the bottle much further forward.
If you run a smaller frame with the same pad reach I agree the design will put it to far back.

No pic.

I’m almost finished with the Zipp Vuka BTA/computer mount with an extension similar to what Tri sports used to do. Prototype is finished, looks nice. I plan to have a few made in the following weeks.

I was going to run the Zipp extensions, but changed my mind and use the Specialized ski bends with 10mm inward curve. They are 40 degree. They have about half as much inward roll as the Zipps.

Can you also post a good pic of the extensions on the bike? I was curious about the 110 vs 70.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
teinvall wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
teinvall wrote:

No pic.

I’m almost finished with the Zipp Vuka BTA/computer mount with an extension similar to what Tri sports used to do. Prototype is finished, looks nice. I plan to have a few made in the following weeks.

I was going to run the Zipp extensions, but changed my mind and use the Specialized ski bends with 10mm inward curve. They are 40 degree. They have about half as much inward roll as the Zipps.

Can you also post a good pic of the extensions on the bike? I was curious about the 110 vs 70.

Thanks!

I had some issues with file size so now I give it another try on the computer. I have the evo bar at a slight angle but will try to angle the arm pad instead with a straight extension. The bottle position is even better the XLAB torpedo bottle. Placement is set to be great with that and work with a regular bottle.

Personal best:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks really nice!

I will attempt to post pics of my set up soon. Don’t have the new carbon extensions on yet, have the Felt F Bends still.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure why they have an extra B junction near the head tube; as you said it doesn't make sense.

I have my IA1 wired up exactly like you said you did the SC, i.e. 5 port junction A up front, B junction near the BB.

The TT and brake level wires are plenty long enough to reach the A junction you hide in the nose cone.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Last edited by: Callin': Jan 27, 18 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Not sure why they have an extra B junction near the head tube; as you said it doesn't make sense.

I have my IA1 wired up exactly like you said you did the SC, i.e. 5 port junction A up front, B junction near the BB.

The TT and brake level wires are plenty long enough to reach the A junction you hide in the nose cone.

Thanks. Can you tell me, your 5 port junction up top, did you put it in that head tube compartment, or in your calpac?

Cheers
Quote Reply

Prev Next