Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [andreas78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted this on the other thread as well but I would personally cancel it and get the 2019 IA3 for $500 more. Seems like a much better investment, most likely going to get the disc brakes and better cockpit plus DTSwiss wheels based on what was posted on their site.
Last edited by: ClarkWGriz: Aug 31, 18 12:32
Quote Reply
Re: IA16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting to note, the new IA16 now had textreme frame....
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought about that. The reason why I'm not totally convinced about it is, that I would need a new wheelset for races too... But thanks for that hint
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone,

So I've finally got my IA16 2018 model and I'm super happy with it! (Got a size 51, thanks to all that recommended that size).

I've got an Xlab 425 rear hydration mount with the aeropouch 300 but I was hoping to use the btspac instaed of the aeropouch. I've only got short legs so there's not much seat post showing and so far it seems the btspac is a no go.

Does anyone have any suggestions for rear hydration that still works nicely with the stock ISM PS1.1 with the btspac in place? Or do I just go back to my old setup?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Nicolopolus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know for sure but this is a suggestion. The XLAB 105 rear hydration may be mounted in a fairly wide position giving room for the btspac to open. Just to make sure, the btspac can be open without rear hydration at your seat height and for/aft position?

The content of the btspac are probably tools and spare tube. You only need that for those bad days. And maybe it's ok to not beeing able to open the btspac fully and still get the stuff out. Look at Rinnys bike here:

https://www.instagram.com/...b_button_share_sheet

I pretty sure that btspac doesn't open fully

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As teinvall mentioned I put 2 tubes, Co2, small patch kit, valve stem extender in the box and have yet needed access. I can open the lid enough to access. I hope you can get it to work for you. In the Calpac I keep 2 Co2s with valve attachment, tire levers, mini tool, gels for faster access. I also have a Co2 attached to the BTS mount.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice everyone. I can open the btspac fine as is, so it's just a case of getting a rear carrier that will fit. Tbh it seems like it's the transition hook on the back of the PS1.1 saddle that is stopping things from working. I tried a Cobb 55 when I had my fit and that seemed nice, so maybe I'll try swapping for one of those. This pic below shows how much space I've got to work with currently!
Last edited by: Nicolopolus: Sep 5, 18 4:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think any single rear carrier would fit that well without interfering with the btspac. I run the Turbo wing from xlab but since you have to mount it high to be able to open the btspac the turbo wing will probably hit the transition hook. I believe the Super wing that is wider thru that area may fit better.

Or just use zip ties to mount your bottle cage directly to the rails. This will but the bottle cage higher than with the Delta 425 mount.

Putting on shorter cranks to get the seat higher may make it easier to open the btspac, but I guess that's absolutely the wrong reason to get shorter cranks.

I sit at about 830mm seat height so opening the btspac is not a problem for me.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Anyone know if Felt will be giving out free tune ups and free Tee Shirts to Felt riders at Kona?
Last time I was there you had to reserve in advance and I can't find any info.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Bifff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
new Felt IA16 owner...can someone confirm if the Felt FRD Dagger UHC Ultimate/Nano Base bar setup will fit on a IA16?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stem and basebar are totally different I believe... Would be stunned if the frd bar fit the ia16
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an FRD.... I'm thinking it might work? I mean, the integrated stem/bar of the FRD still just clamps to the same short steerer tube as the other Felts. Dunno....maybe not, need to have a look and see how the base bar fastens down, etc..
Trent can probably verify.
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Sep 9, 18 5:28
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
I have an FRD.... I'm thinking it might work? I mean, the integrated stem/bar of the FRD still just clamps to the same short steerer tube as the other Felts. Dunno....maybe not, need to have a look and see how the base bar fastens down, etc..
Trent can probably verify.
We've never tried it and I really don't know. SuperDave would be the best source on that question.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
new Felt IA16 owner...can someone confirm if the Felt FRD Dagger UHC Ultimate/Nano Base bar setup will fit on a IA16?

I guess the question that pops into my head is, "Why would you want to do that?" You make the bike less adjustable for little aero gain.

If you want an aero bar upgrade, a TriRig Alpha One, Alpha X, or Profile Design Aeria would be much better.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
short answer to your question is because I can get the FRD stem, aerobar and extensions new for $200 vs. spending $1,000 on other options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
short answer to your question is because I can get the FRD stem, aerobar and extensions new for $200 vs. spending $1,000 on other options.

At worst you'll be able to recover that cost, I think.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone here replaced their stock arm cups for something aftermarket, like TriRig, Zipp or Profile Design? If so, was there much modification involved to get the holes lined up?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Callin' wrote:
Has anyone here replaced their stock arm cups for something aftermarket, like TriRig, Zipp or Profile Design? If so, was there much modification involved to get the holes lined up?

I put the tri rig ergo cups on my frd. Love them. Used the Dremel to widen one of the screw holes on the cups. I even love the pads...had cegees on all my tri bikes but Nick has a solid product in the ergo cups.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
F35 with tt width pads. Like'em much more
Last edited by: jazzymusicman: Sep 10, 18 17:19
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome thanks. I have been using the felt pads and cee gees for years but looking for a change. my pads flew off halfway through the race last weekend, which was strange as they have been solid for years. maybe the rain got to them.

do you have pic of the holes you had to widen? did you use the same bolts that came from Felt?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a message from my LBS this morning. My IA 10 (size 58), that I ordered in April will not be in stock before mid of November??? They offered me to ship an IA 10 frameset (size 58) and a IA 10 in a different size to my LBS. They will then take the parts from the bike and put it on the frameset... plus they will give me a discount on the frameset...
Since I would have exchanged the cockpit with my current Profile Design and the crank with the new ROTOR Aldhu anyway I think it's not a bad deal.

I also thought about putting the Profile Design Aeria HFS together with the Aeria ultimate stem on. Any expierences on how the stem and the hydration system fit on the IA 10?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Got a message from my LBS this morning. My IA 10 (size 58), that I ordered in April will not be in stock before mid of November???

Felt must have had a major management or distributor change up. Every shop around me that carried them has dropped them within the last year. I got my IA in June of this year (2017 model), and the shop I usually buy from had already quit carrying them saying they had issues. Then this week I started shopping for a MTB and no shop has them anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KG6 wrote:
Quote:
Got a message from my LBS this morning. My IA 10 (size 58), that I ordered in April will not be in stock before mid of November???

Felt must have had a major management or distributor change up. Every shop around me that carried them has dropped them within the last year. I got my IA in June of this year (2017 model), and the shop I usually buy from had already quit carrying them saying they had issues. Then this week I started shopping for a MTB and no shop has them anymore.

They were bought by Rossignol 12-18 months ago....they had virtually no stock for a year which when you run a bike shop is a nightmare.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just used the dremel on the hole to the right to widen it a bit. Used the Felt screws....fits perfectly!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andreas78 wrote:
Got a message from my LBS this morning. My IA 10 (size 58), that I ordered in April will not be in stock before mid of November??? They offered me to ship an IA 10 frameset (size 58) and a IA 10 in a different size to my LBS. They will then take the parts from the bike and put it on the frameset... plus they will give me a discount on the frameset...
Since I would have exchanged the cockpit with my current Profile Design and the crank with the new ROTOR Aldhu anyway I think it's not a bad deal.

I also thought about putting the Profile Design Aeria HFS together with the Aeria ultimate stem on. Any expierences on how the stem and the hydration system fit on the IA 10?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Get a 2019 IA 16 and upgrade to di2 (and upgrade the crank). Should be about the same price as the IA10.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply

Prev Next