Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any reason not to use Loctite Threadlocker on aerobar/basebar bolts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave! I would like to go a bit lower on my IA10... here's a video of my current position. What stem should I get to get lower? I'm using the one that came in the bike, the Felt "stock" one with it...
Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm_kdFFdHSs&t=19s

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First pics 2019 model

https://www.facebook.com/...ts/1596900153748819/

Just orderd one

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Last edited by: rbe: Aug 24, 18 12:46
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn. I'm very content with my older ia10, but that thing is sick. Ticked all the right boxes for a new model year.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it too!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do u have the pdf?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbe wrote:
First pics 2019 model

Just orderd one
I'm being told the price on that one is $5500 and has Ultegra di2. Honestly, I can't reconcile that with the frame price (frameset is $4999) but first response from Felt was that it, indeed, has Ultegra di2. I'm skeptical and have asked for further confirmation.

Also, the new IA 16 colors are excellent, the new IA 14 looks excellent, and the IA 10 is unchanged in color from the prior model.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MarioTB wrote:
Hi Dave! I would like to go a bit lower on my IA10... here's a video of my current position. What stem should I get to get lower? I'm using the one that came in the bike, the Felt "stock" one with it...
Thanks in advance!

I'm not Dave (he isn't as good looking as I am but he is more intelligent and much, much fitter) but you should consider shorter cranks (maybe 155s from Rotor). You'd be able to raise the saddle to compensate for the shorter crank and it'd get you "lower". Additionally, you've got improvements that can be made with posture and I think you'd do well with different extensions - maybe Zipp EVO 70mm or the 51 Speedshop extensions. Those extension shapes will help you streamline your position through posture.

Your fit is decent on the bike, for the record. Might push the armpads forward 1 cm or so to stretch you out a bit. Improving posture is your biggest challenge.

Trent Nix
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Last edited by: trentnix: Aug 25, 18 7:39
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
rbe wrote:
First pics 2019 model

Just orderd one
I'm being told the price on that one is $5500 and has Ultegra di2. Honestly, I can't reconcile that with the frame price (frameset is $4999) but first response from Felt was that it, indeed, has Ultegra di2. I'm skeptical and have asked for further confirmation.

Also, the new IA 16 colors are excellent, the new IA 14 looks excellent, and the IA 10 is unchanged in color from the prior model.

It is idd Di2 also on the brake handles. I got mine for a bit less then the 5500

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Trent! thanks for the response! I still owe you a visit to your shop. I will be there as soon as I schedule a trip to Texas.

I will do the armpads first, found my saddle is tilted forward a bit (causes discomfort) and looked for the crank size, but I can't get it in Mexico at a price I can pay (for the moment).

As for the extensions, I'm sure I can get the Zipp ones, maybe not the 51's. Should I get only the bars or the whole cockpit?

Also, did a 130km ride yesterday and my neck hurt like hell! If I go lower, I won't be able to see in front of me? or is it easier?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MarioTB wrote:
Hi Trent! thanks for the response! I still owe you a visit to your shop. I will be there as soon as I schedule a trip to Texas.

I will do the armpads first, found my saddle is tilted forward a bit (causes discomfort) and looked for the crank size, but I can't get it in Mexico at a price I can pay (for the moment).

As for the extensions, I'm sure I can get the Zipp ones, maybe not the 51's. Should I get only the bars or the whole cockpit?

Also, did a 130km ride yesterday and my neck hurt like hell! If I go lower, I won't be able to see in front of me? or is it easier?
You just need the extensions, not the whole cockpit.

Generally, going lower will put more pressure on your neck to see where you're going. That said, the ergonomics of new extensions (and a saddle you're not sliding forward on) might help with your neck issues. I'd worry about posture and getting comfortable in the existing position before increasing your drop from the saddle to the armpads.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MarioTB wrote:
Thanks in advance!

Your position looks pretty good as is but I'd suggest you install the extensions under the base bar and the arm rests mounted directly at the same level as the base bar to start. That'll get you ~6cm lower than you are now depending on the rotational position. You can do this without buying anything except maybe a couple 5mm countersunk bolts and washers to get the arm rest pad stack exactly right.

Good luck. Mark your current position and take step by step photos if you make a change. Your experiment will help others looking for the same solution.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfect! will do, thanks again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting! I'll check out photos of this idea, I have not seen that done, thanks for the reply and the advice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I´m new here as a member but have been reading quite a lot in this forum.

I have aquestion regarding the IA10 2019 modell. Do you know if there will be any significant changes to the 2018 modell? I just wanted to ask, because I ordered a IA10 in April this year at my LBS which has not been delivered yet. Now I´m thinking about switching to the 2019 modell,

Any suggestions/advice?

Thanks a lot
Andreas
Last edited by: andreas78: Aug 30, 18 12:28
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [andreas78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The color changes to black.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, there was a color change. That’s all. Felt doesn’t really follow a model year schedule.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn! Ordered in April and still no bike!?!? I guess its possible you'll be getting a 2019 version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing that information. They said my bike will be shiped mid of September, lets see what color it will have ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andreas78 wrote:
Hi, I´m new here as a member but have been reading quite a lot in this forum.

I have aquestion regarding the IA10 2019 modell. Do you know if there will be any significant changes to the 2018 modell? I just wanted to ask, because I ordered a IA10 in April this year at my LBS which has not been delivered yet. Now I´m thinking about switching to the 2019 modell,

Any suggestions/advice?

Thanks a lot
Andreas
The color on the IA10 is the same in 19 as 18.

It's the IA16 that has had a color change.

https://feltbicycles.com/.../ia10-triathlon-bike

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which size did you order? They've had decent inventory on the IA10. As of right now only the 58 is harder to get.

Trent Nix
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered a size 58... Maybe that's why it takes so long...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's definitely it. You'll be getting a 19 (which is the same as the 18, but the serial # will be identified by Felt as a 19).

Enjoy your bike and I hope it has been worth the wait!

Trent Nix
Quote Reply

Prev Next