Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KG6 wrote:
I'm tempted to just make a plastic plate that covers the hole where the calpac is. Drill two holes in the plate so I can mount any after market bento. And also utilize that plate to somehow mount a very easily accessible junction inside the frame for charging di2. I've seen the ones that retrofit the specialized water bladder system out there too, but I would like to have a place for gels and it's easy enough to put a BTA for fluids to not need the internal bladder. Seems like it'd be kind of simple to must trace the shape and put holes where the current mounting screws exist.

I did this before the CP2 came out. If you look on Shapeways you'll find the guy who 3D prints the covers. I think it was $30 or so. I mounted a Trek Bontragger bento to it.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [uptown423] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uptown423 wrote:
I have the IA14. I hate the rubber calpac with a passion. Is the hard calpac better? Does it stay put? Easy to open? Are there any other options?

i have not had any issues with my updated calpac...sturdy, works, keeps things in and easy to get things out. personally, the downtube isn't large enough to re-use the space for a bladder so i'll keep it for what it is.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want to sell your CP2, I will gladly take it off your hands
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any chance you could post a pic of how the bike looks with a regular bento on there?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Any chance you could post a pic of how the bike looks with a regular bento on there?

Sorry, don't have the cover anymore
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://can-en.feltbicycles.com/...riathlon-bike-carbon

Old news maybe, but advanced carbon with textrme on the 2019 ia16 seems like a great deal assuming the carbon is not just window dressing (i.e. ia1/2/3 quality layup). Especially good deal if you plan to upgrade over time, and do not buy into the “wider rims and disc brakes are better” movement (for ultimate aero speed, i do not... but i see what way the “wind” is blowing).

As someone sitting on the fence... it is tempting. If they offered a frame-only option, it would be game-over.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocket_racing wrote:
https://can-en.feltbicycles.com/collections/ia/products/ia16-triathlon-bike-carbon

Old news maybe, but advanced carbon with textrme on the 2019 ia16 seems like a great deal assuming the carbon is not just window dressing (i.e. ia1/2/3 quality layup). Especially good deal if you plan to upgrade over time, and do not buy into the “wider rims and disc brakes are better” movement (for ultimate aero speed, i do not... but i see what way the “wind” is blowing).

As someone sitting on the fence... it is tempting. If they offered a frame-only option, it would be game-over.

The black IA16 frame is awesome looking... Better than the 10, I have a 2017 10 now and may need to purchase and swap the parts.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frd liiks without frd pricing. I am having a hard time not making the jump...
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Rocket_racing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much?
N where?

In the market for size 51
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I currently ride a 2016 Scott Plasma 20 in a 54, but looking to upgrade to the IA this next season. Any suggestions on what size to get based off of my fit?

Armpad Stack: 678
Armpad Reach: 438
Saddle Height: 810

I was thinking a 54 maybe a 56? If so what would be better and have more adjustment? I am 5"11 with long legs and I weigh about 190. Still working on dropping some weight, but can't stay away from the beer.
Last edited by: stevenruns: Nov 25, 18 16:15
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [stevenruns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there all some 2019 IAx delivered?
The site says mid November but that is 2 weeks ago.

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine finally last week... :-)

Took me almost 6 month to get it!!! But it was worth the wait :-)

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard to check back late December

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [andreas78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the 2018 IA10 frame? It took 6 months to get it?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the 2019 frame with the TEXTREME carbon. But originally I ordered a 2018 frame back in April.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'm new to this thread/felt, so bear with me if this has already been explained. But they don't even list the 2019 IA10 frame on the website. What gives? Same price as the 2018 one? Why weren't they able to deliver your 2018 frame?

I am looking to switch over to a felt frame since joining EMJ and was planning to just sell my current frame (which I have a sale pending on) and purchase an IA10 frame. But if it's going to take a long time to get then maybe I better hold onto my current frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what you mean, but they have it on their website (FELT). Price for the 2019 model is the same as for the 2018 model.

I'm from Germany and as far as I know they switched their distribution channel when they were bought by Rossignol. This took them longer than expected. Not sure if they have the same issues in North America. But if you look at their website you can get some frame sizes directly through them.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [trentnix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trentnix wrote:
andreas78 wrote:
Got a message from my LBS this morning. My IA 10 (size 58), that I ordered in April will not be in stock before mid of November??? They offered me to ship an IA 10 frameset (size 58) and a IA 10 in a different size to my LBS. They will then take the parts from the bike and put it on the frameset... plus they will give me a discount on the frameset...
Since I would have exchanged the cockpit with my current Profile Design and the crank with the new ROTOR Aldhu anyway I think it's not a bad deal.

I also thought about putting the Profile Design Aeria HFS together with the Aeria ultimate stem on. Any expierences on how the stem and the hydration system fit on the IA 10?

Thanks in advance for your comments.
Get a 2019 IA 16 and upgrade to di2 (and upgrade the crank). Should be about the same price as the IA10.

Do you know how much it is to upgrade the IA16 to Di2?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once-a-miler wrote:
Rocket_racing wrote:
https://can-en.feltbicycles.com/collections/ia/products/ia16-triathlon-bike-carbon

The black IA16 frame is awesome looking... Better than the 10, I have a 2017 10 now and may need to purchase and swap the parts.

Looks like the 10 & 16 have different BB shells
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Once-a-miler wrote:
Rocket_racing wrote:

Looks like the 10 & 16 have different BB shells

I just looked and it appears all of the models have the same shell which is a change from the 2018 models. At first, I was looking at the 2018 IA10 and the 2019 IA16 but then compared the rest.

Note- It's before 6AM and I may have overlooked a detail.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just can speak for the 2019 IA 10. It came with a BSA MegaExo BB. I switched to a Rotor crank so therefore I had to replace the BB with a Rotor BSA BB.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, good catch. I didn’t look at the 2019 IA10 specs. That sucks! I have a bb30/bb386 quarq so guess I need to hope they have a 2018 left for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Damn, good catch. I didn’t look at the 2019 IA10 specs. That sucks! I have a bb30/bb386 quarq so guess I need to hope they have a 2018 left for me.

I did the same thing! And also have the same problem!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So looks like you can actually use a bb30 crank in a threaded bb shell. Thank goodness.

https://express.google.com/...hVs4SJQaAs7IEALw_wcB
Quote Reply

Prev Next