Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good idea. I have some strong velcro tape, will give that a try.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
My new calpac won't fit on my 2015 FRD frame, I need to take a file or dremel to my frameset to get it to fit in.
This post has been in the back of my mind as I did my new Calpac installation. Out of curiousity, did you try to fit the calpac with no wires or cable housings in place?

Mine was very tight and felt like it was not a fit... until I got the rear brake cable out of the way. Then it fit perfectly. I had to forcefully push the rear brake housing straight down at the front to get the Calpac base to slide into place. It took a couple tries-- I think the cable has to route straight down from its entry until it hits the down tube. I think the housing was hitting the bottom of the base and pushing it back slightly to make it seem too big.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hopper1 wrote:
Yes!... My new Calpac just arrived...
Not seen it, yet, as I'm away till Thursday, but great speedy service form BryanD and the guys at InsideOut Sports ;)

Glad I could help you out!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, its not the brake or di2 cable. I exchanged pics of the frame cavity with felt, they replied with pics of newer frames, showing me the difference, and recommendations for where I'd need to shave away some carbon.

To be honest, I kind of prefer the look of the old calpac anyway, so if I can find a way to secure it well, I'm happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well that’s a bummer. I definitely wouldn’t want to carve away carbon from a frame. That could end badly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can jimmy it in there somehow, I think it'll be worth your effort. It's a lot better than the original

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. New Calpakc is night and day better. I would say double the capacity and much easier to use.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still waiting for the TriRig Alpha One to ship, but here's mine. The Di2 will be a bit cleaner with the new cockpit, and I have a disc wheel (also HED Jet+ Black) to swap out for ITT races or anytime I want to go a little bit faster:

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! I got the same wheel selection, 9/6 blacks, and Jet disc black. I suspect I'll probably end up using the disc for most races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very Nice!

I was unsure about getting the red color (and it wasn't available at the time in my size) because I had only seen one actual picture outside of the Felt website, but it does look good. I hope you post another picture once you have the Alpha One installed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very nice. been looking for this bike in size 48 but not in stock. i wonder if there are any seller here selling size 48 2018 ia 16?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robegan99 wrote:
but here's mine

The new paint schemes are *filthy.* Looks so good. Nice job.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What basebar do you have on their right now?
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think its just open mold, as was the frame kit from the bike it came from.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha. I dig that candy red for sure!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally got a grip of my new Calpac installation... eTap Blip box is in the frame, in front of the Calpac lower.
Yes, I did fit the awkward centre screw ;)

Even threw in a shot of the new saddle... Jury is out on that, though!...
Last edited by: hopper1: Mar 5, 18 9:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use TinyPic

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can upload the image directly in the forum. Then, click "Inline" next to the picture file and then click the Photo tool in the toolbar to select inline images and insert.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hopper1 wrote:
Finally got a grip of my new Calpac installation... eTap Blip box is in the frame, in front of the Calpac lower.
Yes, I did fit the awkward centre screw ;)

Even threw in a shot of the new saddle... Jury is out on that, though!...

Images finally included. Thanks to BryanD for sorting the Calpac ;)

New wheels arriving shortly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet bike and paint !

How are you liking the function of the new calpac ?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Flo 30 wheels [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ordered a 2018 IA 10. I already have a set flo 30 wheels. Would the flo wheels be better than the stock Devox 35 wheels that come with the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks awesome!

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This my first Felt, so I have no familiarity with the old calpac. But so far, it has been working great for me. Anything I need to grab while riding fits and is easy to access. I will say the draft box doesn't impress me so much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you not like about it?

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It isn't terrible. I just feel like it could be a little bit roomier. I use it to carry my flat kit. If I could fit two butyl tubes in there, I'd be happy. But along with CO2, inflators, and a lever, there is only room for one.
Quote Reply

Prev Next