Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair I think most of the draft boxes assumed you would only put 1 tube in there.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably so. I think the box on the Premier bikes might do it. Maybe an improved version will come out someday, or perhaps an enthusiast with 3D drafting skills will come up with something. But like I said, not terrible. Just something I see room for improvement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robegan99 wrote:
It isn't terrible. I just feel like it could be a little bit roomier. I use it to carry my flat kit. If I could fit two butyl tubes in there, I'd be happy. But along with CO2, inflators, and a lever, there is only room for one.

I posted something similar a while back. I had to put the mini tool, CO2, air chuck in the Calpac (need to wrap some of those things to reduce rattling). In the box I have two butyl tubes, levers, CO2, and money (also can be used as a tire boot if needed). I doubt I would pay for version 2, but maybe they would make it a little deeper and revise the lid for future buyers. Also I bought a small can of Plastidip and now dip the CO2's. It reduces the noise and acts as a buffer when used from the cold metal.

Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick thought on the blip box access... You might want to keep it accessible for the first couple rides. I just did eTap on my road bike, and over the first 50 miles of riding, I did a few microadjustments to the RD to get it perfect. After you get the drivetrain totally locked in and silent, then hide your Blipbox inside the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike is over a year old, now, shifts like a dream. I just haven’t finished tweaking as yet 😉
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doh, never mind then. ;) I thought it was a new eTap install along with the other upgrades.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo 30 wheels [huzier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
huzier wrote:
Just ordered a 2018 IA 10. I already have a set flo 30 wheels. Would the flo wheels be better than the stock Devox 35 wheels that come with the bike.

I seriously doubt you'll notice any meaningful diff between the two, either in terms of feel or aerodynamics. I'd sell whichever pair you can get the most $$ for, and put the money towards a deeper aero set for racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, it’s just a never ending work in progress. Struggled with the cockpit. Fitted TriRig bars, but had to ditch nose cone. Reverted back to OE bars, finally seem to have for saddle angle right. New Calpac is a bonus. Shame I don’t have bosses on the rear of the seat tube, too. Still playing with extension angle, been to 50 degrees, but 30 will be next...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see that the 2017 IA 14 is the same price as the 2018 IA 16

Given they have improved caplac and now has the draft box versus the Shimano Ultegra on the IA 14, what would you buy

Thanks all

Cheers
Steve
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Calpac update and draft box combined are around $75. So, I would buy the IA14 and get the "free" Ultegra for just $75 extra. On the other hand, if you totally love the IA16 color scheme and think you might one day upgrade to either new Ultegra or electronic shifting, then get the IA16.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many thx

Will they sell the accessories separate? Had a look on line and even e mailed Felt but they never responded

Maybe my local bike shop can organize

Thx again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. I bought both from my local shop that sold me my IA16. Felt has a program to sell the new calpac at a discount to original owners. And, all the shops can order the draft box. Plus, you can get both (full price) online at Felt's website.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have been very helpful

Much appreciated

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone knows how can I get the new calpac and draftbox in Europe (Germany)? I cannot find them in the Felt website.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [carlosvl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to the european site and send them an email thru the contact page. I ordered the calpac and draft box that way. Pay thru PayPal and I got my parts within 4-5 days

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teinvall wrote:
Go to the european site and send them an email thru the contact page. I ordered the calpac and draft box that way. Pay thru PayPal and I got my parts within 4-5 days
Thanks for the tip, I will do that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, what are the contact infos for european contact of Felt? Would like to order the calcpac asap as I will start Ironman 70.3 Mallorca mid May.

thanks in advance.

Pascal
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [sommer00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s found on the European site: info@felt.de

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tnx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robegan99 wrote:
Probably so. I think the box on the Premier bikes might do it. Maybe an improved version will come out someday, or perhaps an enthusiast with 3D drafting skills will come up with something. But like I said, not terrible. Just something I see room for improvement.

i can only fit 1 tube along with associated flat goodies in my premier draft box.

i may be able to fit two tubes, not really sure. i havnt tried. that would move the flat goodies to another location on the bike though.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey folks, for those that have the frames that -don't- have the drillings for the BTSpac rear storage case, can you post up what you've come up with as your storage solution? I have the 2015 FRD frame, and of course, the stock storage solutions suck.
I'm leaving the original calpac installed for now. I've also found that with my sitero saddle installed, I need it pushed all the way forward for my position, which makes the rails on it out of easy reach for a small under saddle pack as the seatpost gets in the way.
Has anyone found a creative way of attaching the BTspac case to these frames without having the frame drilled?
I found a pic on ST of someone customizing a Specialized Fuel Cell to fit in the middle triangle, so that is a consideration.
Any other ideas?
Just saw this online, looks decent too:
[url=https://ibb.co/iUuNNH][/url]

Thanks!
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Apr 3, 18 5:22
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a specialized road tool with a valve extension and mini multi tool zip tied to the seat post like what you posted. I’ll try and link a IG post but can give you a closer up pic if you need it. It sits under a rear cage tied to the rail.

https://instagram.com/p/BZ_zliBhCCq/

https://www.specialized.com/...?color=234997-130320

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Last edited by: Callin': Apr 3, 18 6:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I added a draft box from Quintano Roo and simply mount it with hot clue pistol. Works perfect and has plenty of space for Co2, tube.....
Additionally, I cut the innerpart of the Calcpac (part direction steem) and mounted a bag that goes into the frame. There I also have Co2 & tube, perfectly aero as it is inside the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: The New Felt IA - IA 10, 14, 16 [sommer00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is literally held on just with hot glue?? Can it be removed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hot glue pistol works perfect as:
- it fixes the draft box easy and the draft box is mounted since 1'000 KM
- the draft box will be removable and also 100% of the clue
- the Quintano Roo draft box has kind of a rail that stays on the bike and the box can be removed for transportation or so.

100% satisfied!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next