Prev Next
Re: Mono Extension Reference [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
Hey all, wanted to share a question that was raised on my intro thread regarding mono extensions.

turningscrews wrote:
Are the Speed Concept mono extensions really out of stock everywhere or do I need to go to a shop to have them ordered?

We've actually updated them to fit with the new hardware (enlarged from 5mm to 6mm bolts). This requires new hardware and a new slider to fit the new mono extensions.

6mm bolts and T-nuts – 596164
Mono Slider – W582447

If you visit your dealer they can order these along with the new extensions (which they'd see through their dealer portal).

Mono S-Bend: W582445
Mono Short: W582444
Mono Long: W582443

Are they the same lengths as previous versions or have there been any changes.
Quote Reply
Re: Mono Extension Reference [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Mitch@Trek wrote:
Hey all, wanted to share a question that was raised on my intro thread regarding mono extensions.

turningscrews wrote:
Are the Speed Concept mono extensions really out of stock everywhere or do I need to go to a shop to have them ordered?

We've actually updated them to fit with the new hardware (enlarged from 5mm to 6mm bolts). This requires new hardware and a new slider to fit the new mono extensions.

Mono Slider – W582447

If you visit your dealer they can order these along with the new extensions (which they'd see through their dealer portal).

Are they the same lengths as previous versions or have there been any changes.

Exact same minus the spacing for the new hardware size.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone 5’8” making a size small work?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, All. Just bought my first Speed Concept. Used 2014 7 series. I had a bike shop check it out, but I have a few questions now:

1. The front brake calipers are not quite flush with the fork as designed. Any suggestions to make them flush?

2. Has anyone experienced the paint from behind the fork rubbing off?

3. Can you purchase speed fin replacements? I noticed a chip where it meets the frame that I didnt catch (was behind the small ring).

4. This particular model did not have the integrated aerobar base with the monobar. How costly is that upgrade with parts and labor?

5. Is the SC known to have paint chips here and there? Just noticing random tiny ones (3 so far).

6. Has anyone done a complete headset change? Previous owner said he has to annually get it serviced bc it begins to creak. When he services it, he just gets the bearings replaced and his LBS says it's good to go.
Last edited by: TLinderman: Oct 25, 19 20:20
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TLinderman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TLinderman wrote:
Hey, All. Just bought my first Speed Concept. Used 2014 7 series. I had a bike shop check it out, but I have a few questions now:

1. The front brake calipers are not quite flush with the fork as designed. Any suggestions to make them flush?

2. Has anyone experienced the paint from behind the fork rubbing off?

3. Can you purchase speed fin replacements? I noticed a chip where it meets the frame that I didnt catch (was behind the small ring).

4. This particular model did not have the integrated aerobar base with the monobar. How costly is that upgrade with parts and labor?

5. Is the SC known to have paint chips here and there? Just noticing random tiny ones (3 so far).

6. Has anyone done a complete headset change? Previous owner said he has to annually get it serviced bc it begins to creak. When he services it, he just gets the bearings replaced and his LBS says it's good to go.

I would have your LBS check over the front brake as it could just be an adjustment. You should have a cover on the front anyways which is specific for the brake - if you don't they can order a replacement for you!

Also we do offer replacement fins, in both the UCI legal and non-UCI legal option - also available at your LBS to be ordered.

Paint chips are just the unfortunate event of owning a bike, your tires (or someone else's tires) can shoot up debris to your beautiful paint. Using a clear protective film can help keep your paint looking new and it's something I personally recommend, just make sure it is paint safe for whatever product you choose to use.

And lastly, your bearings are only what needs changed - being in the location they are, your body sweats all over them. They are inexpensive however!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question: Any chance Trek is still selling its mono-extension plug-ins for the Speed Concept? The adapter for installing third-party aerobars on the Speed Concept? I can't find it anywhere and website doesn't seem to be getting refreshed with stock...

Anyone know where I can get one?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [meanred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meanred wrote:
Question: Any chance Trek is still selling its mono-extension plug-ins for the Speed Concept? The adapter for installing third-party aerobars on the Speed Concept? I can't find it anywhere and website doesn't seem to be getting refreshed with stock...

We have updated these just to fit larger hardware (5mm bolts to 6mm bolts) and removed the old model from stock. You can order them at your LBS only right now. But I have made a few posts of this but I'll add it again here for further reference with the updated Mono Extension part numbers too.

What is required for new Mono parts:

Mono Slider – W582447

Updated SKUs:

Mono Plug-in: W582446
Mono Straight: W582442

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Oct 29, 19 10:54
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [meanred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meanred wrote:

You can get it here: https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/...-mono-plug-in-p23350
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Turbeau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a part number for the front brake shoulder bolts?
Last edited by: blackey: Oct 31, 19 7:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have a Trek Madone 9.5. are there any aero clip on bars that will work with the integrated aero handle bar ?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [trihard1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a new Speed Concept. Im dropping the shimano ultegra grouset for Sram AXS 12 speed. Is there any freehub I can change to to be able to run axs on the stock wheels that come with the speed concept or do I need new wheels. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [lpmelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lpmelli wrote:
I have a new Speed Concept. Im dropping the shimano ultegra grouset for Sram AXS 12 speed. Is there any freehub I can change to to be able to run axs on the stock wheels that come with the speed concept or do I need new wheels. Thanks!

If you're currently running the Aeolus Comp wheels on a 2019/2020 SC, they are not compatible with XD/XDR drivers for a SRAM AXS setup. You may want to consider upgrading up to a new wheelset such as our Aeolus Pro or Aeolus XXX which are compatible.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Say, as some of you know, I'm fixing to get a new SC to replace my 2009 OCLV Equinox. Nothing wrong w/the Equinox (it's actually a great bike)... just want new. Thing is, the Equinox is incredibly stiff even with wider tires. It really beats you up. How would ya'll describe the efficiency and ride quality of the SC?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Porfirio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Porfirio wrote:
Say, as some of you know, I'm fixing to get a new SC to replace my 2009 OCLV Equinox. Nothing wrong w/the Equinox (it's actually a great bike)... just want new. Thing is, the Equinox is incredibly stiff even with wider tires. It really beats you up. How would ya'll describe the efficiency and ride quality of the SC?

I ride a lot on chipseal and don’t find the SC to be harsh. At least not more so than any other bike.

But it’s also stiff enough for me. I’m not a big pedal masher, so YMMV. But I’ve never noticed any more flex than my old TT bike, an Orbea, or my current road bike, a CAAD10.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Annual $500 off Speed Concept Project One paint jobs till Jan 31st is in effect.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you lnow how to apply the discount ?
Don't see anything about it on trek website
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Jaxkmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaxkmas wrote:

Hi there. I got an email w/ this link. Basically you have to go through a participating Trek dealer.
Last edited by: BT_DreamChaser: Jan 4, 20 4:15
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Jaxkmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaxkmas wrote:

Your local dealer would apply the discount to the price once you order it!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey folks, for the Gen2 frames, has anyone else found it a little difficult getting adequate reach using the mono extensions?

I seem to fit a medium very well according to size charts. My reach number is about 45cm to back of pads. But when I set the pads up in that position, even using the 'long' mono extension set all the way out, I find that my hands are landing about an inch beyond the ends of the extension. I'm using the mid-far stem. This kind of surprised me as I have t-rex short arms, I'm the guy who buys the dress shirts in the 32/33 arm length...
I have ordered the trek mono bar piece that allows you to use your own extensions, so I know I'll get the length I need with that, but just found it odd that the stock long mono extension didn't work for me...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Now there are a couple solutions.

1. Get the mono plug that lets u use whatever extension u want but you loose pad reach so that may not work.

I had a costume bridge made to fix this problem.

2.or as someone posted on here a little while back I can't remember what page it's on in this thread they actually made an extension it made the mono plug longer so that your hands fell exactly where they should. I think they inserted a 3/4 inch aluminum tube bonded it down in the current extensions and then cut a piece of old extension the slide down over that also bonding it with some kind of epoxy. I actually intend to try this probably this upcoming weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

2.or as someone posted on here a little while back I can't remember what page it's on in this thread they actually made an extension it made the mono plug longer so that your hands fell exactly where they should. I think they inserted a 3/4 inch aluminum tube bonded it down in the current extensions and then cut a piece of old extension the slide down over that also bonding it with some kind of epoxy. I actually intend to try this probably this upcoming weekend.

That was me in April last year. Original post here: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6921753#p6921753

It's still working very nicely, and got me through a season racing ETU & ITU AG championships plus a 70.3 without any issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [marting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any idea on how long it takes to get a Speed Concept with Projet One paint job after ordering it?

Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TriHardMatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I ordered mine in the fall it took about two weeks. But I chose one of the base two tone P1 paint jobs and I wouldn’t be surprised if they had those pre painted.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TriHardMatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriHardMatt wrote:
Anyone have any idea on how long it takes to get a Speed Concept with Projet One paint job after ordering it?

Thanks in advance.

Currently, we have an 18 day lead time which can vary based on the number of orders

Quote Reply

Prev Next