Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sevenm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
51 speed shop

I have been using either 51 speed shop or the zipp pads since 2014

2023: unknown
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't see te Speed Concept anymore on Trek's website (except the 2019 frameset only). Bug with the website or something new coming??
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [madmax231] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to click "build" button and it said to please contact your local distributor to order your bike. I wonder if they are going to stop taking orders online and let distributors sell the bike only.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
http://www.endureiq.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey

I have my look on a 2018 SC 9 an was in a shop testing a size M.
I have a BMC TM01 i ML.

My height is: 176 cm
Seatheight: 73,5 cm

Pad X to rear of PAD: 460
Pad X to front of PAD: 550
PAD Y: 470

The size M feelt a bit to small in generel and especially in the reach I felt I came short. Would the size L be better or should it might be a longer steam.

Best Regards
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [madmax231] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
madmax231 wrote:
Can't see te Speed Concept anymore on Trek's website (except the 2019 frameset only). Bug with the website or something new coming??

Our site is having content issues right now so nothing is loading as they should.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Lind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lind wrote:
Hey

I have my look on a 2018 SC 9 an was in a shop testing a size M.
I have a BMC TM01 i ML.

My height is: 176 cm
Seatheight: 73,5 cm

Pad X to rear of PAD: 460
Pad X to front of PAD: 550
PAD Y: 470

The size M feelt a bit to small in generel and especially in the reach I felt I came short. Would the size L be better or should it might be a longer steam.

Best Regards

I'd most likely put you on a medium, you shouldn't be on a large at your height. But for your pad reach and stack, the numbers seem off. I see your reach listed, but for stack, 470 seems really low. Can you double check your current fit measurements?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry.
Stack 616
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a 2018 SC, ran a single BTA bottle last year for sprint/oly races, but am doing my first 70.3 this summer and looking to grab a dual rear hydration setup. I have the speed box for holding my spare equipment, so I really only care about holding two bottles, preferably as aero as possible. I've seen some decent stuff from Profile Design, Xlab, etc, and there's the Bontrager version, but again I don't care about storage. Is there a consensus among SC folks as to which setup works well?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Crentist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m using single Xlab cage behind the saddle + BTA. Haven’t found it necessary to use more than 2 bottles in a 70.3 and would rely on bottle swap at an aid station if required. Last race I did, didn’t even need that.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [marting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea, I could do that, but I kind of like the option of having two back there and not running the BTA. I'm assuming aero wise, two should tuck in nearly as nice as one, at the cost of having to get out of position to reach it...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lind wrote:
Sorry.
Stack 616

Sorry for the delay. Medium for sure with either a Low-Near stem or a Low-Far stem.

That puts you more in the middle of the size for the medium as a large you'd be on the smaller end of it's range.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even if I had two bottles behind the saddle, I'd still keep the BTA (I use a Speedfill A2)

I'm more aerodynamic with it there, and it's easy to grab the straw and drink, which means I take on the fuel & liquid - the fewer obstacles the better!

When the Speedfill is empty, I grab the bottle in the back, refill, and replace the empty back behind the saddle.

Only two 'reaches behind' in the entire bike leg; less hassle, less drag, less to go wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I Will try a size L next week.
Stack and reach in the bmc frame is 418/515.
Pad Y 616
Pad X
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have the speed shop unibrow arm cup mounted to the Speed Concept? If so how did you do it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too have a 2018 SC but I changed out the saddle to an ISM PN 3.0. The rails don't flare out so it limits what fits but I installed the XLab Turbo Wing Dual rear hydration unit and it seems to work pretty well. The XLab stuff is pretty well thought out and their customer service is good. I also have a BTA setup - the rear unit will come off for shorter races.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the bontrager w a single bottle. For oly races I use that storage and remove the draft box. I run 3 bottles in a 1/2. BTA (torpedo) aero on downtube (can’t remember but it was $25) and a single on back. Works great.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Profile Design KAGE, with zip ties to the saddle rails. Hard to make it more cost effective (~$7) or lighter! This bottle cage has a rib in the back, you can drill holes where you need to secure the cage with zip ties. I actually use the same cage up front between the arms :)

For the back, I added an elastic that I loop around the bottle neck when in place: never launched a bottle in years!!!

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Last edited by: spocket: Apr 29, 19 9:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is me on a size L.
Maybe the seat is a little to high but is it way off?
Best regards
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lind wrote:
This is me on a size L.
Maybe the seat is a little to high but is it way off?
Best regards

Was there a photo attached? I still think the Medium would be best for you so far with all of your measurements.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Mitch, on another thread someone suggested that if you flip the 'pivot cradle' around, you'll get more reach by slamming the extension out further. I understand this is not by the book but how bad of an idea is it?

And if I do try this, what other things should I be cognizant of

We don't recommend flipping the pivot cradle around as it is only meant to be facing one direction with the set screw at the rear only.

Well that's a bother, I have a follow up appointment with my fitter tomorrow and I thought I had come to a pretty good position prior to the visit. I have a different saddle and pedals and I was hoping to just get those issues taken care of and I would be good to go. Now I find out that the pivot cradle is facing the wrong way and I'm going to lose 1.5cm or so of reach. Don't know who the culprit is, could be my LBS or the fitter. Anyway I took it apart and reassembled it correctly but now I might have to go with the plug in to get the reach back.

- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Here's an alternative: I used a length of 3/4" alloy tube *inside* the existing aerobar, to support sections of a cut-down old aerobar.

It means abandoning any warranty on the monobar, as you have to drill a small hole to hold the new extensions in place. But it works very well for me, and gains about 7cm in reach and the same in hand height.

It does mean extra load on the extension mounting bolts (though no more than if using the plug-in + long extensions), and it's not clear how well the extensions will cope with the extra forces at the shifter end. But for me, this shifts the load onto my elbows and my grip on the extensions is very relaxed, so I personally think the trade-off is worth it.
Last edited by: marting: May 1, 19 1:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very creative, I'm not sure I would do it but I like the hack. You would think that Trek would make a longer monobar as much as this subject comes up.

- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well done

2023: unknown
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trying to determine the right size for me.
Currently on a 56 Cervelo P5
Pad stack of 631
Pad reach to back of pad 451
Seat height 776
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry..can´t make the file work..maybe email?
Quote Reply

Prev Next