Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Aid.dre.an] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aid.dre.an wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Aid.dre.an wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
I know this is been covered on here already and I can't find it for some reason.

Can the di2 battery be run inside the aluminum seatpost that comes with the stock bike?
Is there a mount or a hanger?
Or do I need a separate seat post?

I have hidden it in the alu seat post. Wrap the battery with foam (thin foam, I got it from some packaging used in some trek parts) and tape it well. Then shove it up the seat post.

Has held up fine for me. I'm sure you could upgrade to the carbon seat post and get the adapter but IMO thats a waste of money. Foam and some tape is basically free.


Okay that's probably what I'll do I guess my only real concern is if it would slip out of the seacoast down into the frame.

My only advice is to get a longer cable than you think you need between the junction in the bb and the battery. When you lift the seat post out for servicing or if the battery happens to pop out for some reason you can easily retrieve it. But yeah, I have ridden on shitty Canadian roads for thousands of km's and it hasn't dropped out, and I did the entire installation myself.


Ty. Good advice 👍
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just purchased a Speed Concept, and I seem to be missing the front quick release/skewer.

I was looking to ride tomorrow so I just kind of threw my road bike skewer on there. It seems to look and work just fine.

Should I be worried about this? Is the speed concept skewer proprietary or can I put any skewer on there?
Last edited by: kahlil: Sep 30, 19 22:05
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [kahlil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use whatever skewer you want to. No biggie.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Speed Concept at Kona? Any thoughts?

___________ https://www.instagram.com/toothengineer/ https://www.strava.com/dashboard https://slfmotion.com

2020: Galveston, Rookie, Buffalo Springs, Kona
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [vaughandvm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vaughandvm wrote:
Hey Mitch-

I have to change out a frame (BMC Large) and am excited to make the switch to the Speed Concept. Can you help me make sure I have the right size? Current fit is 508 x and 698 y. (to center pad) 6'2" tall. I would say current fit is on conservative side for me so I'd love some ability to lower the front end in the future if my back allows.

Thanks!

Matt

Hey Matt (and ST crew). Been a crazy couple of weeks, so pardon my absence.

You'd pair great with the following if you are willing to work on your back flexibility to lower your stack, because technically, you would be in the middle of an XL. But let's size you for L if you plan to work on that.

Frame: Large
Stem: High-Far
Mono Spacer(s): 35+5

High-Near and High-Far stems look goofy, but they do help achieve your fit. Depending on how much lower you can go, a Medium-Far stem would work with a pad stack of 675.

This is kind of a fit I would rather see you hop on a fit bike for so they can test your range of motion and see if you can do that stack or not.

Community Manager | Trek Bikes | http://www.trekbikes.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [kahlil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kahlil wrote:
I just purchased a Speed Concept, and I seem to be missing the front quick release/skewer.

I was looking to ride tomorrow so I just kind of threw my road bike skewer on there. It seems to look and work just fine.

Should I be worried about this? Is the speed concept skewer proprietary or can I put any skewer on there?

Any 5x100mm skewer with 135mm overall length would work.

Community Manager | Trek Bikes | http://www.trekbikes.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
New Speed Concept at Kona? Any thoughts?

100%
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WhittleFit wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:
New Speed Concept at Kona? Any thoughts?


100%

Anyone have any guesses what we will see besides disc breaks?

___________ https://www.instagram.com/toothengineer/ https://www.strava.com/dashboard https://slfmotion.com

2020: Galveston, Rookie, Buffalo Springs, Kona
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WhittleFit wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:
New Speed Concept at Kona? Any thoughts?


100%
Based on what exactly? In 10 days a whole new TT bike will be used, one that zero instagram pictures have leaked on, no pro's have mentioned even off-handedly. And one month after they sent that big design survey out to shops and certain insiders? And nothing at the recent EXTREMELY wet TT worlds held last weekend?

Color me skeptical. I doubt too many pro's will want to ride a new TT bike they have not trained on for Kona.

And I want a new SpeedConcept- I just don't think we even see leaks until next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not concrete but Linsey Corbin posted this yesterday. Could just be a new paint job, or it could be a new bike. Who knows...

https://www.instagram.com/...rce=ig_web_copy_link

get comfortable being uncomfortable
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elf6c wrote:
WhittleFit wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:
New Speed Concept at Kona? Any thoughts?


100%

Based on what exactly? In 10 days a whole new TT bike will be used, one that zero instagram pictures have leaked on, no pro's have mentioned even off-handedly. And one month after they sent that big design survey out to shops and certain insiders? And nothing at the recent EXTREMELY wet TT worlds held last weekend?

Color me skeptical. I doubt too many pro's will want to ride a new TT bike they have not trained on for Kona.

And I want a new SpeedConcept- I just don't think we even see leaks until next year.

Lets just say.......wait & see! ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a world of problems with my Speed Concept. The bento box has deformed inward so it's tough to get stuff in and out and the draft box pops open frequently. Not to mention that the aerobars came off in an ironman this year and DNFed me and the CS bottom bracket was installed incorrectly and I needed to have it repaired. Who can I contact at Trek to get all these problems fixed?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [drseamus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the easy answer is... the bike shop you bought it at. Right?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lets say, hypothetically, that the bike shop I got it at is also part of the reason the bike DNFed me and I wanted to go directly to the source.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [drseamus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drseamus wrote:
I've had a world of problems with my Speed Concept. The bento box has deformed inward so it's tough to get stuff in and out and the draft box pops open frequently. Not to mention that the aerobars came off in an ironman this year and DNFed me and the CS bottom bracket was installed incorrectly and I needed to have it repaired. Who can I contact at Trek to get all these problems fixed?

I would suggest finding a new shop/mechanic or learning to do the work yourself.

get comfortable being uncomfortable
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [drseamus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Basically/unfortunately you are going to need "A" shop. Most bike companies really don't want to deal with you directly.

Hopefully you've got receipts (credit card statements might work) of what you've paid for. You're most likely going to need to prove that the shop caused the damage to get any kind of warranty support. :(

*1-800-585-8735 - from the Trek Service Contact us page

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Last edited by: Morelock: Oct 2, 19 10:10
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mostly I'm hoping Mitch@Trek will respond...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
It's not concrete but Linsey Corbin posted this yesterday. Could just be a new paint job, or it could be a new bike. Who knows...

https://www.instagram.com/...rce=ig_web_copy_link


I asked Mitch a few weeks ago if he knew of anything new coming out, he said no. But I suppose maybe he is not kept in the loop. I bought a new SC frame, don't really care about discs. Would be mildly disappointed if I missed out on a handlebar change to something similar to Cervelo's monopost. Plus, who knows what the price will/would be...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [drseamus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drseamus wrote:
I've had a world of problems with my Speed Concept. The bento box has deformed inward so it's tough to get stuff in and out and the draft box pops open frequently. Not to mention that the aerobars came off in an ironman this year and DNFed me and the CS bottom bracket was installed incorrectly and I needed to have it repaired. Who can I contact at Trek to get all these problems fixed?


Sorry to hear about your troubles!

I would suggest contacting your local dealer about this to have them submit the issues you've been having into a warranty claim. You're welcome to call out tech support teams too, but without a claim in place, there isn't much they can go on when they're on the phone with you. A dealer can view your bike in person to work out the issues and if needed, relay them to us.

For the BB install, your dealer should be able to fix that if they installed it incorrectly as that would be outside of the manufacturing warranty for the frame itself.

Once you get a claim in, feel free to contact the tech/warranty team though - they're always able to help! 1 (800) 585-8735

Community Manager | Trek Bikes | http://www.trekbikes.com
Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Oct 2, 19 14:24
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
drseamus wrote:
For the BB install, your dealer should be able to fix that if they installed it correctly as that would be outside of the manufacturing warranty for the frame itself.

The BB was installed at the factory and I didn't get it fixed at the Trek shop because I no longer trust Trek or the local guy to do anything important to the bike as one or both of them caused me to DNF on a transatlantic race. I'm sure you can understand my frustration.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [drseamus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drseamus wrote:
Mitch@Trek wrote:
drseamus wrote:
For the BB install, your dealer should be able to fix that if they installed it correctly as that would be outside of the manufacturing warranty for the frame itself.


The BB was installed at the factory and I didn't get it fixed at the Trek shop because I no longer trust Trek or the local guy to do anything important to the bike as one or both of them caused me to DNF on a transatlantic race. I'm sure you can understand my frustration.

I certainly do understand the frustration! However, we do have to take all warranty claims through a shop if you are going in that direction. But, it doesn't have to be the original shop. Just bring your proof of purchase to your dealer of choice.

Community Manager | Trek Bikes | http://www.trekbikes.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
stevej wrote:
It's not concrete but Linsey Corbin posted this yesterday. Could just be a new paint job, or it could be a new bike. Who knows...

https://www.instagram.com/...rce=ig_web_copy_link



I asked Mitch a few weeks ago if he knew of anything new coming out, he said no. But I suppose maybe he is not kept in the loop. I bought a new SC frame, don't really care about discs. Would be mildly disappointed if I missed out on a handlebar change to something similar to Cervelo's monopost. Plus, who knows what the price will/would be...


Common Mitch aint telling us anything about this if he know or not. We know disc breaks are in the pipeline, but what else is? Maybe Mitch can answer this? Which frame is faster stand alone in wind tunnel: A Madone frame or a 2018 Speed concept frame?

___________ https://www.instagram.com/toothengineer/ https://www.strava.com/dashboard https://slfmotion.com

2020: Galveston, Rookie, Buffalo Springs, Kona
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch lied to me?! F*ck!

Nah, I figured sooner or later they'll obviously have something come out. I don't care about disc brakes and I was ready for a new bike. Same LBS carries Cervelo, so could have gone with a PX frame if I was desperate for discs.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If we look at new Trek road bikes we see storage in the tubes as long as well as new tube shapes that I think I have read the new Madone is faster then the current speed concept in the wind tunnel (frame only). I don’t think it’s a major leap to add storage integration into the speed concept frame now that we see it in the trek roads bike as well as cervelo p5 series and the new shiv. The front end could use a update to make it more user friendly or transport friendly; once again we have seen Specialized and Cervelo do this so this cant be to big a leap for trek to do this as well.

___________ https://www.instagram.com/toothengineer/ https://www.strava.com/dashboard https://slfmotion.com

2020: Galveston, Rookie, Buffalo Springs, Kona
Last edited by: Toothengineer: Oct 3, 19 14:04
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WhittleFit wrote:
elf6c wrote:
WhittleFit wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:
New Speed Concept at Kona? Any thoughts?


100%

Based on what exactly? In 10 days a whole new TT bike will be used, one that zero instagram pictures have leaked on, no pro's have mentioned even off-handedly. And one month after they sent that big design survey out to shops and certain insiders? And nothing at the recent EXTREMELY wet TT worlds held last weekend?

Color me skeptical. I doubt too many pro's will want to ride a new TT bike they have not trained on for Kona.

And I want a new SpeedConcept- I just don't think we even see leaks until next year.


Lets just say.......wait & see! ;-)
Man, this is one case of hoping I'm wrong and you're right!
Quote Reply

Prev Next