Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Toothengineer wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
Mitch, just tell us already, when, if ever, is the speed concept getting a disc brake upgrade???!!!

Its coming.

Any chance you could expand on that?? :)
lol- people have seen and heard stuff, but can't share details. My guess would be Dauphine/Tour De Swiss period based on past stuff.

Discs, through axles, better aero, better adjustibility (aka everything in the new Madone) is my assumption.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A different bottom bracket standard would be nice too! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch, I have a 2016 Speed Concept 7.5 size small with low-far stem. I recently got fit by Ian from Slowtwitch 360 Lab event with the following numbers:
Saddle to Armrest: 415
Extension Length: 360
Nose to Extension: 750
Saddle Height: 670
Setback: 69
Pad Elevation: 35
Pad Y: 375
Pad Y: 605

Do I need to buy anything before bringing my bike to a shop to get it adjust? Attached is the paper that was provided.

Thank you,

Jerry
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jdzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jdzz wrote:
Hi Mitch, I have a 2016 Speed Concept 7.5 size small with low-far stem. I recently got fit by Ian from Slowtwitch 360 Lab event with the following numbers:
Saddle to Armrest: 415
Extension Length: 360
Nose to Extension: 750
Saddle Height: 670
Setback: 69
Pad Elevation: 35
Pad Y: 375
Pad Y: 605

Do I need to buy anything before bringing my bike to a shop to get it adjust? Attached is the paper that was provided.

Thank you,

Jerry

Hey Jerry,

Could you confirm the Pad Reach and Stack? Also, do you have your handlebar reach and stack?

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch, Thank you for the response. Look like the attachment didn't show up on the previous post. This is the paper I received.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NFC1gNZpJdnXAg67A

Hopefully, it makes sense.

Thank you,

Jerry
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jdzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jdzz wrote:
Mitch, Thank you for the response. Look like the attachment didn't show up on the previous post. This is the paper I received.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NFC1gNZpJdnXAg67A

Hopefully, it makes sense.

Thank you,

Jerry

So your stack looks good but your reach falls short of the Mid-Pad and Pad-Range that we suggest for the small frame. Those are what I focus on first, which to get you as close as possible, I would actually suggest purchasing a Medium-Near stem and use a 15mm + 5mm mono spacer. Otherwise, with a Low-Far stem, you need 55mm of mono spacers when you can only get a 45mm + 5mm.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was at a race a few weeks ago and was racked with three other SC's... we all had electrical tape on our draft boxes to keep it from popping open.

I found it a little funny... it's an effective mod.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Count me in that group. Opened at 1 race and that’s all it took. An ounce of prevention....

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. Popped open once and now it has electrical tape on it 100% of the time. I also do the same with my storage box on the Specialized Roubaix. Its hard to keep plastic closed on the really poor roads I ride on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When my local dealer pulls up 437029, he's getting the plastic arm cups. I need the metal brackets that the cups bolt to for the Gen1.

Mitch@Trek wrote:
TH3_FRB wrote:
No, I need the brackets and clamps. I had to drill them both out due to the bolts being seized and eventually snapping off the heads. Thanks.

Mitch@Trek wrote:

Riser bolt kit: 420693 (comes with different length bolts to work with the spacers)
Extension clamp: 423509
Pad brackets: 437029 (replaced 420488)

So if you are just trying to replace the clamp bolts, just order kit # 420693
[/quote]

Thank you for clarifying. You'll want # 423509 and 420492 then. Stop into your local Trek dealer and they'll be able to order them in along with any other SC part![/quote]
Last edited by: TH3_FRB: Jun 5, 19 14:09
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
When my local dealer pulls up 437029, he's getting the plastic arm cups. I need the metal brackets that the cups bolt to for the Gen1.

Mitch@Trek wrote:
TH3_FRB wrote:
No, I need the brackets and clamps. I had to drill them both out due to the bolts being seized and eventually snapping off the heads. Thanks.

Mitch@Trek wrote:

Riser bolt kit: 420693 (comes with different length bolts to work with the spacers)
Extension clamp: 423509
Pad brackets: 437029 (replaced 420488)

So if you are just trying to replace the clamp bolts, just order kit # 420693

Sounds like you need 420492 then. I did mention that part # above on your post as well. It must have been missed.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Jun 5, 19 14:40
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [rdros] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny to read this right now, have had my bike for a little over a year now and this happened to me for the first time 2 weeks ago during a race, never noticed the lid came off.. Lost a gel on lap 1, lost a (almost empty) bottle and I had nowhere to leave my car key except for putting it in the draft box. So when I suddenly heard a "kling" and saw my car keys sliding across the road I had to slam on the brakes, put my bike in the grass and run 100m and back on cycling shoes. Good thing I heard them fall because I still had a 2.5h drive back home..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

I just got a new speed concept and it didn't come with a speed fin. Do you know the part number to order it? Does it normally not come with the bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jaelinfunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
most of the stock frames seem to be coming with the UCI base bar/fork/and rear brake cover. I am looking for a UCI brake cover if your looking to sell yours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaelinfunk wrote:
Hi Mitch,

I just got a new speed concept and it didn't come with a speed fin. Do you know the part number to order it? Does it normally not come with the bike?

Your Speed Concept should have came with the rear brake cover (aka speed fin), but the OE part number is W326750 (non UCI legal) or W327327 (UCI legal). If you bought it new, have your dealer send a claim into our team for a missing item upon delivery and we can have a replacement issued out.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Jun 12, 19 13:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaelinfunk wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Did you get the UCI legal version of the bike? If so, the speed fin isn't UCI legal so you just get a standard brake cover.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There seems to be a lot of inconsistency lately. Had some friends order stock SC in the last couple of months. One came with speed fin, non-UCI fork and UCI base bar. One came with UCI rear brake, non-uci fork and UCI base bar. One came with UCI rear brake cover, non-uci base bar and UCI fork.

On a different note, any one else have issue using the Aeolus XXX with 25mm tire, rubbing on the speed fin when out of the saddle? Installed, there is about 2-3 mm of gap between the tire and the speed fin. There is just enough flex when standing or applying high power that I can hear the wheel rub the fin.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [iliketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem with the Aeolus XXX6 wheelset running either the Bontrager 25mm tires that came on the bike, or GP5000's in 25mm. Maybe I just don't have enough power to make that happen though! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

I am trying to increase the setback on the seatpost of my 2014 SC 7.5. I see that there is a new version of the seatpost with a 48mm setback, but it says that it will only work on the 9 series, do you know if it would work for the 7.5? The MPN that is listed on the Trek site is 436176

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [dbikelink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dbikelink wrote:
Mitch,

I am trying to increase the setback on the seatpost of my 2014 SC 7.5. I see that there is a new version of the seatpost with a 48mm setback, but it says that it will only work on the 9 series, do you know if it would work for the 7.5? The MPN that is listed on the Trek site is 436176

Thanks

That seatpost will work on your Speed Concept. It is just marked as being the 9-Series post as it came on that model. It is also a carbon post vs the alloy your bike would have came with stock.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
should clarify that i am running Conti Grand Prix TT. I only notice when out of the saddle. My SC is a P1 from 2015. It seems like Trek makes running changes or minor tweaks so maybe newer versions don't have that problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch - Where can I get a Trek SC Gen 2 Mono Extension Plug in the UK (or US)? I can't find them anywhere! I want to try some different aero extensions.

Thanks - Joe

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a project one build that has a ceramic speed BB. I just regreased the bearings and reinstalled the SRAM GXP crankarms. With light torque the cranks spin fantastic! However, when I torque the cranks to SRAM spec, 48 Nm, they barely spin. No wave washer is installed. Just the dust caps. This is beyond frustrating. What am I doing wrong?

I tried to upload a video but apparently I do not know how to do that.
Last edited by: Jimbotri: Jun 15, 19 9:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

I’m trying to find a low-far stem for my gen2 SC but no luck. Can you help?

Thank you!

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Jimbotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need a 24mm wavy washer on drive side.

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply

Prev Next