Quote | Reply
As long as the fitment is right and the bolt is good quality, you would be fine

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes

@mitchmathewz on IG & Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Cut Base Bars - NEW [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys!

So my goal is to make my Speed Concept more comfortable and less aero. I have a messed up neck and I can usually deal with it for shorter races but doing my first Ironman distance in April and really want to focus more on comfort and less on speed. Ideally I am wanting to sit more upright so I don't have to tilt my head up at such a steep angle and also want to reduce the pressure on my lower back. Any suggestions? Videos to watch? Attachments to buy? Etc?

Really appreciate you guys, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Cut Base Bars - NEW [TriHardMatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriHardMatt wrote:
Hey guys!

So my goal is to make my Speed Concept more comfortable and less aero. I have a messed up neck and I can usually deal with it for shorter races but doing my first Ironman distance in April and really want to focus more on comfort and less on speed. Ideally I am wanting to sit more upright so I don't have to tilt my head up at such a steep angle and also want to reduce the pressure on my lower back. Any suggestions? Videos to watch? Attachments to buy? Etc?

Really appreciate you guys, thanks!

Have you worked with a professional fitter in the past by any chance? That would be my recommendation of who to work with as they can judge your fit to give you options to tailor it to release tension away from your neck. Most likely, you would be looking at a new stem and repositioning your mono extension and/or arm pads. Raising your stem or adding mono spacers to raise the extension and pads could help, but a fitter could help gauge what is right.

Quote Reply
Re: Cut Base Bars - NEW [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did Tim manage this? profile design Aeria hydration system on a SC?!?!!? looks amazing and I wanna try it!
Last edited by: andrewblerner: Nov 5, 20 10:10
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying some praying mantis aero bars and maybe an extra spacer to bring it up a little higher? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TriHardMatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriHardMatt wrote:
Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying some praying mantis aero bars and maybe an extra spacer to bring it up a little higher? Thanks!

Your best bet might be to buy the monobar extender (pic attached) to replace the stock one piece extension, and then add in your extensions of choice that give some rise for a mantis position like the Zipps or tri rigs.
Quote Reply
Re: Cut Base Bars - NEW [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andrewblerner wrote:
How did Tim manage this? profile design Aeria hydration system on a SC?!?!!? looks amazing and I wanna try it!

Looks like this might be a custom made mount, 3-D printed most likely. I was checking around to see what I could find, but it does use what appears to be our Draft Box mount.

Quote Reply

Prev Next