Re: Cut Base Bars - NEW [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as the fitment is right and the bolt is good quality, you would be fine

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Cut Base Bars - NEW [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys!

So my goal is to make my Speed Concept more comfortable and less aero. I have a messed up neck and I can usually deal with it for shorter races but doing my first Ironman distance in April and really want to focus more on comfort and less on speed. Ideally I am wanting to sit more upright so I don't have to tilt my head up at such a steep angle and also want to reduce the pressure on my lower back. Any suggestions? Videos to watch? Attachments to buy? Etc?

Really appreciate you guys, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Cut Base Bars - NEW [TriHardMatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriHardMatt wrote:
Hey guys!

So my goal is to make my Speed Concept more comfortable and less aero. I have a messed up neck and I can usually deal with it for shorter races but doing my first Ironman distance in April and really want to focus more on comfort and less on speed. Ideally I am wanting to sit more upright so I don't have to tilt my head up at such a steep angle and also want to reduce the pressure on my lower back. Any suggestions? Videos to watch? Attachments to buy? Etc?

Really appreciate you guys, thanks!

Have you worked with a professional fitter in the past by any chance? That would be my recommendation of who to work with as they can judge your fit to give you options to tailor it to release tension away from your neck. Most likely, you would be looking at a new stem and repositioning your mono extension and/or arm pads. Raising your stem or adding mono spacers to raise the extension and pads could help, but a fitter could help gauge what is right.

Quote Reply
Re: Cut Base Bars - NEW [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did Tim manage this? profile design Aeria hydration system on a SC?!?!!? looks amazing and I wanna try it!
Last edited by: andrewblerner: Nov 5, 20 10:10
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying some praying mantis aero bars and maybe an extra spacer to bring it up a little higher? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TriHardMatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriHardMatt wrote:
Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying some praying mantis aero bars and maybe an extra spacer to bring it up a little higher? Thanks!

Your best bet might be to buy the monobar extender (pic attached) to replace the stock one piece extension, and then add in your extensions of choice that give some rise for a mantis position like the Zipps or tri rigs.
Quote Reply
Re: Cut Base Bars - NEW [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
andrewblerner wrote:
How did Tim manage this? profile design Aeria hydration system on a SC?!?!!? looks amazing and I wanna try it!

Looks like this might be a custom made mount, 3-D printed most likely. I was checking around to see what I could find, but it does use what appears to be our Draft Box mount.

Quote Reply
Re: 2 Pack [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been wondering the same thing about the 2-pack aero bottle cage thing. Only place I've seen that was selling it was in the UK and no stock anywhere. I'm guessing it wasn't a big hit but I want to know before buying another model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andrewblerner wrote:

It looks like there is something attached to his aero bar extensions .......they look 3D printed.
Quote Reply
Low power - advice on fit [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi friends,
I was able to pick up a 2nd hand 2011 SC 9.9 in the fall. I have not had a professional fit (I know... please don't torch me) but I have read and studied and watched just about everything I can get my hands on. I also am quite deliberate about recording changes and effects and keeping detailed measurements. I have a position that is quite comfortable and, by the look and angle, reasonably aero for my inflexible old 44y/o frame. But I just can't seem to put down the power when in aerobars compared to when in the basebar or riding my regular road bike. I included some pictures of fit with angle measurements. Any thoughts or advice are appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee
Quote Reply
Re: Low power - advice on fit [GuidoDoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Hey,

Your best bet will be to post a fresh thread asking the same question. But, in order to get the best feedback you will need to take a video of yourself from the side at the very least. There are some great fitters here who have helped me, but in order for them to help you you need to provide them with adequate resources that still images just don't provide. You can find more guidance by searching for "critique my fit" posts in the main thread and get a feel for what the videos look like and what the fitters need.
Quote Reply
Re: Low power - advice on fit [GuidoDoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What saddle are you using? It appears you sit pretty far back on the saddle.

I have a feeling your saddle may be too high. Your toes are pointing down and your heel is up high in pick #2. If you straighten your leg and put your heel on the pedals (not locked in) when the pedal is at its lowest point how straight is your leg? That would be a basic starting point without using any measurements.

If you lower your saddle, you will probably see your power go up.
Quote Reply
Re: Low power - advice on fit [NickJO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NickJO wrote:
Hey Hey,

Your best bet will be to post a fresh thread asking the same question. But, in order to get the best feedback you will need to take a video of yourself from the side at the very least. There are some great fitters here who have helped me, but in order for them to help you you need to provide them with adequate resources that still images just don't provide. You can find more guidance by searching for "critique my fit" posts in the main thread and get a feel for what the videos look like and what the fitters need.

Thanks. I’ll try that too.
Quote Reply
Re: Low power - advice on fit [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
What saddle are you using? It appears you sit pretty far back on the saddle.

I have a feeling your saddle may be too high. Your toes are pointing down and your heel is up high in pick #2. If you straighten your leg and put your heel on the pedals (not locked in) when the pedal is at its lowest point how straight is your leg? That would be a basic starting point without using any measurements.

If you lower your saddle, you will probably see your power go up.

I had not considered where I sit on the saddle. It is an ISM PR2.0. There is about 7cm of seat behind me.

I too was thinking the seat was high. the hip and knee angles seemed right but not if I am compensating with my heel/ankle.
Quote Reply
Saddle clamp bolts [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know where I can pick up the bolt and nut for the gen 2 carbon seatpost saddle clamp? They are very susceptible to rust so seems a bit silly that Trek don't stock this bolt as a part (aside from forking out $200 for a whole new seatpost and clamp).
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle clamp bolts [chsl2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chsl2008 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can pick up the bolt and nut for the gen 2 carbon seatpost saddle clamp? They are very susceptible to rust so seems a bit silly that Trek don't stock this bolt as a part (aside from forking out $200 for a whole new seatpost and clamp).

Not sure who told you to buy a complete seatpost, but we have a rebuild kit for that seatpost which is $44 at your LBS! Part number 437030 would come with all of the head assembly parts you would need.

Quote Reply
Re: Saddle clamp bolts [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch, saw the new P! colors and was surprised they were only for road bikes and not the SC.... is there anything we should know :)

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle clamp bolts [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
chsl2008 wrote:

Not sure who told you to buy a complete seatpost, but we have a rebuild kit for that seatpost which is $44 at your LBS! Part number 437030 would come with all of the head assembly parts you would need.

Trek Australia told me this. I'll follow them up. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Gen 2 SC and AeroCoach Ascalon Bars [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Gen 2 (bought late 2018) SC with the UCI set up. I've been working through some different cockpit options over the last couple of years and am currently running the mono plug in and 51 Speedshop Ultimate bars. They are the best so far, but not quite there yet for me. It looks like the Ascalons would be the next move up for comfort and control as well as a few watts. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with them on their SC?
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 2 SC and AeroCoach Ascalon Bars [ntnyln] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t but have been looking at the same. Suggest you also look at the revolver ergomono. The tririg ultimate scoops are another potential solution.

I’ve not got the mono plug and would prefer a solution that doesn’t require purchasing. The supply issues and significantly higher price of this item has always really annoyed me tbh.
Quote Reply
***Speed Concept Fit Guide*** [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gen2 Speed Concept Fit/Sizing Guide

Hey folks, bringing this fit guide back to the top of the forum as another user was looking for it.

Hopefully this helps those looking to nail down their sizing! Message me if anyone gets questions!

How to read the fit guides:

1. Measure elbow pad stack, then reach
2. Measure base bar stack, then reach
3. Use sizing chart to find frame size and stem
4. Determine saddle height, then position

With your measurements, you will line up your pad reach to your pad stack. Ideally, you want to go off your mid-pad measurement if you know it. Otherwise, review the pad range not the full range.

Each colored box represents a different height Mono spacer. The numbers tell you which spacer height you need (e.g. 25mm) and whether or not you also need the 5mm pad wing spacer.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Mar 1, 21 16:06
Quote Reply
Re: ***Speed Concept Fit Guide*** [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does TREK fired all designers for the speed concept? =)
Quote Reply
Re: ***Speed Concept Fit Guide*** [khouryd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The same designers work on other bikes too

Quote Reply
Re: ***Speed Concept Fit Guide*** [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for pulling this up. I've looked at other posts/the article and I'm not totally sure about the implications of the "full range" (it sounds like it's less desirable but doable?).

If I'm ~660 stack and ~530 reach (center of pads), I'm seeing a L with the med-far stem. Is that correct, and does that hold true using the mono plugin for extensions? It would be nice to have a bit of room to play with in reach. Thanks-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm most interested in the bottle on the top tube - had thought of that a few weeks ago, wasn't aware that I was channelling the angry dwarf!
Quote Reply

Prev Next