Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ***Speed Concept Fit Guide*** [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i know, just waiting for the new design =)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
18 more posts til 10k.....

Let’s go guys

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Newb question. I bought 2011 9.9 sc frame to build up as a project. I'm a complete novice but the point of the build is to learn as much as I can.

I'm currently re cabling and curious about the cable guide from the bb to the front derailleur. Housing goes to cable stop at the bb, then transitions to the white cable guide which pops out the FD grommet. How far is the cable guide supposed to stick out from the grommet, if at all? It looks kind of silly. I'm also concerned about tire clearance.

Can anyone post a picture of where the cable exits the FD grommet on their fully assembled SC?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [KFBR392] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KFBR392 wrote:
Newb question. I bought 2011 9.9 sc frame to build up as a project. I'm a complete novice but the point of the build is to learn as much as I can.

I'm currently re cabling and curious about the cable guide from the bb to the front derailleur. Housing goes to cable stop at the bb, then transitions to the white cable guide which pops out the FD grommet. How far is the cable guide supposed to stick out from the grommet, if at all? It looks kind of silly. I'm also concerned about tire clearance.

Can anyone post a picture of where the cable exits the FD grommet on their fully assembled SC?

Drop us some photos.

The cable guide (if you are talking about the plastic tubing), would be removed and just helps to route your cable when dealing with internal routing.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, ok - that makes sense. The service manual seemed to imply it stayed in, guess I misinterpreted that. Does it require any housing or just bare wire straight to the derailleur?

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [KFBR392] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KFBR392 wrote:
Ah, ok - that makes sense. The service manual seemed to imply it stayed in, guess I misinterpreted that. Does it require any housing or just bare wire straight to the derailleur?

Bingo, that was what I thought you had. That would just help guide your cable through to the derailleur. So it would be full housing to that housing stop at the BB and then bare cable going to the derailleur.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

[/quote]

Bingo, that was what I thought you had. That would just help guide your cable through to the derailleur. So it would be full housing to that housing stop at the BB and then bare cable going to the derailleur.[/quote]
Awesome, thanks Mitch!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [iliketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where I can get the bolts and grommets for the front brake cover? Or atlases what size bolts they are?

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the bento box for the second-gen speed concepts work with the 1st gen speed concept? I mean, certainly the holes line up, but is there legitimately any aero penalty that would justify going with the smaller, first-gen bento box on a first gen (2013) speed concept?

The second-gen bento box is just so much nicer.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surfNJmatt wrote:
Anyone know where I can get the bolts and grommets for the front brake cover? Or atlases what size bolts they are?

Button type m4x10.

Trek part number: Kit 437032

page 24
https://trek.scene7.com/...t_Service_Manual.pdf

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2nd gen bento should technically work as the the bento is slotted and you can slide fore/aft. But IIRC, the top tube on the gen 2 sc is wider than the gen 1. And the gen 2 bento matches the top tube width exactly. I would bet the bento would stick out on both sides of the gen 1 frame which may not be a big deal. I would only be concerned with the annoyance of my inner thighs hitting that bento.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: ***Speed Concept Fit Guide*** [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch, Can you recommended the best size SC for me?

BB-Rail height = 735mm
Mid Pad Reach = 492mm
Pad Stack = 670

The large size appears to be the best with the Mid-Far set up and a 45mm spacer. But would an X-large also be good to allow for some room to adjust if needed?

Thanks
Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is creaking from the front end/base bars normal? I got mine off the rack for the first time in like 9 yesterday. I have a 2018 SC with maybe 2k miles on it - almost all of my riding is on Zwift on another bike. I had a number of issues with the aerobars coming loose when it was new. Aside from the super annoying noise, guess I'm concerned that something is rubbing that shouldn't.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Speed Concept Fit Guide*** [MLC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MLC wrote:
Mitch, Can you recommended the best size SC for me?

BB-Rail height = 735mm
Mid Pad Reach = 492mm
Pad Stack = 670

The large size appears to be the best with the Mid-Far set up and a 45mm spacer. But would an X-large also be good to allow for some room to adjust if needed?

Thanks
Mike

The large frame has my vote. If your stack and reach measurements are comfortable where you have them on your current setup, you'd have some room to play with that on the large frame. If you did choose an XL frame, you'll be looking at inverting the pad mount to achieve your reach. The stack looks good though, it allows you to run a low-near or med-near/far should you want to lower or increase your reach.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Z28Diddy wrote:
Is creaking from the front end/base bars normal? I got mine off the rack for the first time in like 9 yesterday. I have a 2018 SC with maybe 2k miles on it - almost all of my riding is on Zwift on another bike. I had a number of issues with the aerobars coming loose when it was new. Aside from the super annoying noise, guess I'm concerned that something is rubbing that shouldn't.

Creaking happens on all bikes, but it can be from a number of things. I would check your bearings and your bolts in your cockpit. Some fresh grease for the headset could be all it needs. Speed Concepts see a lot of nasty hardware since its riders sweat directly over the cockpit which leads to them wearing out or needing replacement faster than a standard road bike.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Apr 13, 21 13:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the new rsl 74 wheels coming out. There HAS to be a speed concept in the works.

As I think it’ll be disc only
Last edited by: Cajer: Apr 13, 21 13:54
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm hearing an end of July release date.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That makes sense, in time for a tour release.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do people carry hydration for a full iron distance event? I was wondering if anyone is able to not stop at any aid stations? Would a BTA, 2x bottles behind the saddle, and an aero bottle on the down tube be enough/what other ways do people carry hydration on this bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

OK, but that is the same thing folks have said for 3+ years now. "A good source told me this Summer".......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My IM setup currently: a bottle BTA, an aero bottle on the frame, 1 bottle BTS, top tube storage for gels. BTA and frame bottles are concentrated mixes. BTS is reserved for water and gets replaced with water at aid stations. Once BTA is drank (usually within the first 40-50 miles), it gets replaced with water bottles from aid stations. BTA bottle is reserved for calories the last half of the bike. I do grab water at every station but I don't have to stop at special needs or grab additional calories from aid stations (unless I drop something).

There's various setups you can run and there's no right answer. You can have an aero bottle BTA that is refillable for water or gatorade from aid stations. I have done IM's without a frame bottle (just a BTA and BTS) but that required stops at special needs. I just don't think you can avoid having to grab something from aid stations especially water.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
How do people carry hydration for a full iron distance event? I was wondering if anyone is able to not stop at any aid stations? Would a BTA, 2x bottles behind the saddle, and an aero bottle on the down tube be enough/what other ways do people carry hydration on this bike?

That really makes little sense, trying to get through 180km on 4 bottles. Aid stations are usually placed on slower sections, like top of climbs, and you don't need to stop, you just roll through, grab a bottle, and either put it on your bike or refill your 'refillable' bottle and toss the empty.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess the context of this is I'm going to be at aquabike worlds this fall which is 180km on pancake flat roads in cooler temps (high 60's low 70s). So I expect to finish in about 4.5 hours and with the cooler temps not sweat too much. I don't particularly want to stop due to: not knowing what type of supplies they will have at aid stations (hasn't been listed yet) and trying to shave a few minutes off stopping/slowing times. This means that I'm not sure if I will be able to easily get hydration from their bottles into mine.

Though it does seem like it may back fire.
Last edited by: Cajer: Apr 14, 21 14:22
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
stevej wrote:

OK, but that is the same thing folks have said for 3+ years now. "A good source told me this Summer".......

True and that's a fair rebuttal. But at some point, it's going to happen. It's just a matter of when... and I think this is the year.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
I guess the context of this is I'm going to be at aquabike worlds this fall which is 180km on pancake flat roads in cooler temps (high 60's low 70s). So I expect to finish in about 4.5 hours and with the cooler temps not sweat too much. I don't particularly want to stop due to: not knowing what type of supplies they will have at aid stations (hasn't been listed yet) and trying to shave a few minutes off stopping/slowing times.

Though it does seem like it may back fire.

Ah, well Aquabike is a lot different from Ironman....lol. Yeah I dunno, if you don't have to run after, then maybe 4 large bottles will be fine for a flat 180?
Quote Reply

Prev Next