Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [throxy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crap I ordered mine on Monday in Australia - I have a feeling the old one is coming to me
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the new monoplug cheaper right now, $159.99?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So is it the same other than longer bolts? Or did you guys address the other issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny you mention - although mines due on Friday my trek guy here in aus told me the part is now about 100 bucks cheaper. So maybe I am getting the new version but either way i sense it’s come down in price
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how or where to find the the Trek/Bontrager replacement part # for the aero bar arm pads for a 2011 Gen 1 9 series Speed Concept? I am needing to replace mine and can't figure out which Bontrager part #'s I also can't find them on the Bontrager website. I come up with a few difference (Race Lite & Race X models) but they look like the Gen 2 arm pads. There are also aftermarket brands like Cee Gees and others. Struggling to figure out which ones are the best models for my Gen 1 SC????
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just talked my lbs, this is the parts ordered for me so I will have gen 2 mono coming on Friday - I will update with pics and other info like bolts etc for those interested
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
For those asking about the new Mono Plug-In, I wanted to give you the official update which I can do now!

So the new model retains the same look, but uses 6 mm hardware over the previous 5 mm hardware for added strength. In order to run the new Mono Plug-In, you will need to order the following (which you can actually order TODAY!):

Mono Plugin – W582446
6mm bolt and T-nut – 596164 (You will need TWO of these)
Mono Slider – W582447

It’s nice to know to have spent double the amount for an old parts that now is improved and cost half as much 😅
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems mine was the same price as the original one, plus the two other parts Mitch mentioned. At least according to my shop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to clarify, the bolts are wider (5mm to 6mm) not longer, for increased strength. The part numbers I mentioned are the only parts you need to change, everything else can still be used on your Speed Concept and this will fit 2014+ models.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Drummon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drummon wrote:
Does anyone know how or where to find the the Trek/Bontrager replacement part # for the aero bar arm pads for a 2011 Gen 1 9 series Speed Concept? I am needing to replace mine and can't figure out which Bontrager part #'s I also can't find them on the Bontrager website. I come up with a few difference (Race Lite & Race X models) but they look like the Gen 2 arm pads. There are also aftermarket brands like Cee Gees and others. Struggling to figure out which ones are the best models for my Gen 1 SC????

You can use the Gen 2 pads on the Gen 1 SC. Part numbers you need are 437029 (pad holder), 437028 (pad), and 517271 (pad holder bolts). If you need the aero bar clamp to hold the pad holder, that is 420492.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Jul 17, 19 8:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody have any knowledge on getting a stem adapter to put on a set of MORF aerobars, or any other non-Bontrager bars for that matter...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [trinerdnick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wouldn't you just use the stem adapter from the lower end 7.0?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [brianwchan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure! I don't know what the steer tube sizing is, and if the new Speed concept it set up in a way I can utilize it... If it's that simple though, that would be amazing! I just need a stem for the old 7.0!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trinerdnick wrote:
I'm not sure! I don't know what the steer tube sizing is, and if the new Speed concept it set up in a way I can utilize it... If it's that simple though, that would be amazing! I just need a stem for the old 7.0!

Mitch should be able to confirm this, but I think you need the fork and stem from a 7.0. The 7.5+ integrated fork needs to use the integrated stem and steerer bolt, but I think the 7.0 fork has a steerer tube to which you can clamp a standard stem.

Edit: I stand corrected, see below.
Last edited by: PMo: Jul 21, 19 5:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trinerdnick wrote:
Anybody have any knowledge on getting a stem adapter to put on a set of MORF aerobars, or any other non-Bontrager bars for that matter...

To run any aftermarket aerobar, you'll loose your stem and base bar etc and replace it with one of our Steerer Stubs - part number 438987 for Gen 2 SCs. You will also need to order the bolt kit which is part number 511065. Then you run the stem of your choice and the MORF will clamp to it like a standard handlebar. You don't need to change your fork either, they are the same.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Jul 18, 19 11:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks for that, Mitch! Still figuring out if it's worth the extra weight for the aero advantage or not ;)
Now I know I CAN though!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone confirm if the gen 1 brake fits on my gen 2 frame?

I need to replace my rear brake on a gen 2 frame. I know the gen 2 is more adjustable with the brake arms still attached but don’t have the $$s at the moment so seeking parts second hand.

The part I really need is the mounting base / cable guide but it seems to only to come in a larger kit. Ive a message in the classified if anyone can help on that front.

Thanks everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [akiller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need the plastic piece? I might have one

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, im after the metal base that you screw into the frame via two countersunk bolts. The brake arms then pivot off the this base. I’ll try and find a pic somewhere.

It’s the result of those two bolts into the frame seizing and then me rounding out the bolt trying to extract them. I made a mess of the base when cutting grooves into the bolts so I could extract them using a large flathead screwdriver.

Hard lesson to do more regular maintenance!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the rear brake assembly will get pretty funky pretty fast. I was appalled at the condition of mine on my 3 month old bike that had never been in the rain. I'm quite familiar with it now, if you ride 3-4 times a week outside you'd better clean and inspect every month at least.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gen 1 brake won't work with the gen 2 frame.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch - I’m trying to find part number for front brake wedge on 2018 speed concept. The part number I found says it’s front and rear brake wedge but they aren’t the same. The pull is different on the front brake now. The wedge is narrower than the OE wedge. Can you help me find part number for front brake wedge?

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [T.Skelton3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T.Skelton3 wrote:
Mitch - I’m trying to find part number for front brake wedge on 2018 speed concept. The part number I found says it’s front and rear brake wedge but they aren’t the same. The pull is different on the front brake now. The wedge is narrower than the OE wedge. Can you help me find part number for front brake wedge?

W546699 is the correct part number for the front brake wedge and can be ordered at your dealer!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it! Thank you SO much!

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Last edited by: T.Skelton3: Jul 22, 19 10:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the wider stronger diameter 6mm bolts work with the old mono plug in extension when combined with The new Mono Slider – W582447 ?
Is are these parts not backward compatible?

Just bought the old mono extension plugin but want the stronger bolts.
Last edited by: ZNC2019: Jul 24, 19 19:33
Quote Reply

Prev Next