Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Hey guys, a friend of mine has a 2011 Speed Concept, she bought it used from someone, but they didn't have the spacer kit for adjusting stack. I've crawled through the net looking for the kit, but no success. Does anyone know if this can still be purchased? or any aftermarket spacer kits that may work?

Not sure if they are available or not, but if yes, your local trek dealer should be able to order.

Check out this post from a few years ago, Carl details the part numbers:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6268466#p6268466
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
Hey guys, a friend of mine has a 2011 Speed Concept, she bought it used from someone, but they didn't have the spacer kit for adjusting stack. I've crawled through the net looking for the kit, but no success. Does anyone know if this can still be purchased? or any aftermarket spacer kits that may work?

Not sure if they are available or not, but if yes, your local trek dealer should be able to order.

Check out this post from a few years ago, Carl details the part numbers:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6268466#p6268466

Perfect!!! This is exactly what I needed.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, i am looking to buy a Trek Speed Concept as i need a UCI legal bike for TT competition. I have an older Shiv Tri bike that i have used for triathlons until now, but that bike is not UCI legal.

I have multiple Aerocoach wheels with rimbrakes, so the Speed concept seems like a good choice so i donĀ“t have to buy all new wheels as well...

What Size and stem/riser combo will be best for me? I have these data from my bike:

Arm pad reach (from saddle tip): 466mm
(Arm pad reach (from BB): 452mm)
Saddle height: 776mm
Arm pad stack (from BB): 673mm
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [BenjiChr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of UCI legal TT's.... is there any temporary solution for replacing the fin under the bottom bracket? IIRC that's the brake cover and actually holds the rear brake in place? I've never raced any legit TT's before so not sure how much these things are enforced. I can't do anything about the fork/basebars but thought that little fin might be a bit obvious.

I do have a 3d printer, so I can try printing something if there is a file I can start with.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hhttps://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/equipment/cycling-components/bike-brakes-levers/bike-brake-parts-accessories/trek-speed-concept-uci-legal-rear-brake-cover/p/22311/?colorCode=black

Last edited by: Hiphophopper: May 4, 21 6:29
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Hiphophopper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah - sorry, should have been clearer. Was trying to avoid spending another $100 just to do this one TT. If I'm going to do more of them I would just buy the part from Trek. But there's only a few stand alone TT's I've been able to find around me each year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BenjiChr wrote:
Hi, i am looking to buy a Trek Speed Concept as i need a UCI legal bike for TT competition. I have an older Shiv Tri bike that i have used for triathlons until now, but that bike is not UCI legal.

I have multiple Aerocoach wheels with rimbrakes, so the Speed concept seems like a good choice so i donĀ“t have to buy all new wheels as well...

What Size and stem/riser combo will be best for me? I have these data from my bike:

Arm pad reach (from saddle tip): 466mm
(Arm pad reach (from BB): 452mm)
Saddle height: 776mm
Arm pad stack (from BB): 673mm

Is that to the back of the pad, or to the center?
If it is to the back of the pad, I'd say you are a large, but could -make- a medium work. (might need mono bar adapter to get long enough on the medium)
If that is to the center of the pad, I'd say medium and you'll likely need the highest version of their stem.
Just my .02, don't take it as gospel!
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: May 4, 21 6:33
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:

I highly doubt if there's any kit available for the 2011-2013 speed concept?

I need the hardcover top tube speed box. It's there for the 2014 model. Not the models before 2014. Is there anyone who can recommend an alternative?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that the new Trek SC is out in the UCI version might want to take a look at it but it come in disc brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally.

Order will go in as soon as I can get it in.

Wonder how long will take to get bikes.

2023: unknown
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably by the fall early winter is my guess. Haven't seen the non-UCI Tri version yet so their will be some changes coming.

Or in other words........I bet we see Tim O' Donald on the new one in Kona this year.
Last edited by: Rideon77: Jun 3, 21 5:43
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:
Probably by the fall early winter is my guess. Haven't seen the non-UCI Tri version yet so their will be some changes coming.

Or in other words........I bet we see Tim O' Donald on the new one in Kona this year.

Hoping for Aug and delivery in Sept can be on this bike for Kona as well...... otherwise would just wait till next year.

2023: unknown
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think your dreaming if the bike will be available this year. I hope I'm wrong. Granted its more niche than a standard road bike but the currently backlog of bikes and lack of components will really hamper any chance of an avg consumer getting the bike before Oct.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [iliketri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iliketri wrote:
i think your dreaming if the bike will be available this year. I hope I'm wrong. Granted its more niche than a standard road bike but the currently backlog of bikes and lack of components will really hamper any chance of an avg consumer getting the bike before Oct.

Agree. Trek can't get its current road bikes out to dealers this year. This thing will be vaporware until at least mid 2022.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iā€™ve recently upgraded to a Speed Concept after some issues with my old bike. I worked out I could get nearly exactly same set up as my old bike (only the pads are slightly wider).

However, Iā€™m having some issues with the stem. It seems to slip/tilt a fair bit, tilting the whole front end down. Shop tightened everything up, and it happened again. They showed me a picture of another bike they had in and think itā€™s ā€œnormalā€.

Iā€™ve only done two 10 mile TTs on the bike, and Iā€™m a bit worried about tackling 100 and 12 hour events if the stem moves every time I hit a bump!

Anyone found similar? Do I need a little more torque?

Itā€™s not great dialling everything in and then for everything to move.

Instagram: @hallidaydavidf
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [DFH84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it is moving, then no it is not normal. Before you crank down on it, take some pics to show us what exactly you are referring to. The stems are likely not the issue, but some of the bolts have been known to sheer off inside for the aero extensions going through the mono bar.

Can you take pics from above and side view to give us a better example?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [DFH84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iā€™ve experienced this but it is ever so slight when mounting the stem. Iā€™ve noticed it when there is a small gap between the fork and stem. It takes a little finesse but apply some pressure near the steerer tube side of the stem while tightening down the stem. Do not, and I repeat, do not, over tighten the two fasteners to the fork. You will strip them and ruin fork. Also, it may help to tighten down the stem with minimal or no load on the fork. If you are trying to do it in a fork mounted stand, I would suggest getting frame mount stand or do it with the bike on the ground with wheels on. Iā€™ve had a little more success that way.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 10,000 posts - new record? [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but have a question on my 2020 Emonda SL 7. I have a major rattle in the left side of the handlebar in the drop area. If I tap on the end plug it's very noticeable. Any idea what this would be?...and how do you remove the end plug on the left side. It's the "non-Di2" version of the plug on the right side but doesn't seem very obvious on how to remove.

Thanks!

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: 10,000 posts - new record? [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WiScott wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but have a question on my 2020 Emonda SL 7. I have a major rattle in the left side of the handlebar in the drop area. If I tap on the end plug it's very noticeable. Any idea what this would be?...and how do you remove the end plug on the left side. It's the "non-Di2" version of the plug on the right side but doesn't seem very obvious on how to remove.

Thanks!

Scott

Hey Scott, could you make a video and share a link to it via a private message so we can keep this out of the Speed Concept thread?

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today after changing the mono spacer to a higher one I noticed this. Not sure how to say it in English but the head of one of the bolts holding the stem to the fork had ā€œfallenā€ of and where just lying around there. Iā€™ve wrenched many times changing spacer but never messed around with the bolts and the stem, that was done by the LBS. Visited the LBS right after I noticed this but they where not interested in taking any responsibility and help me out. Took me many hours to get the old bolt out but luckily there where treads left that Iā€™ll
Imagine will work... Just wanted to highlight to others owners that this can happen. Bike is a 2017 SC 7.0
Last edited by: Franz: Jun 21, 21 13:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Helo Mitch,

My aero bar has some sideway movements. If I put pressure with my left hand, the left end goes down and the right end goes up (and vice versa).

I checked the stem, and one of the "stem attachement" bolts has broken, and is now stuck in the fork! I am going to my Trek dealer on Tuesday, but this is looking bad.

Hopefully if he can not remove the bolt, the replacement fork will not take monthsšŸ˜±

Greetings
Luc
Last edited by: Testrider: Jun 27, 21 6:32
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rightoā€¦.I just need to get this off my chest.

I really do love my SC v2, I really doā€¦.BUT

Anyone else getting a little annoyed about the price and availability of that mono plug???

I mean FFS, Iā€™m balls beep into my investment into this bike and buying this item does feel like a proverbial glancing blow to the aforementioned balls.

Sorry, rant overā€¦.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I havenā€™t posted on this thread before, but just got a new to me 2011 Speed Concept. I am coming from a Madone with clip on aero bars.

The fit is absolutely perfect on it. Iā€™m running GP4000 700c x 23 and thinking of going to GP5000 700c x 25 tires and just hope they fit. Other than that everything runs great! I have SRAM components with a 1 x 11 speed.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: 10,000 posts - new record? [Testrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oof, no good!

If the bolt is broken, it can likely be extracted without having to replace the entire fork. Then they could replace the hardware and get your bike back quickly!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm wanting to experiment with my fit a little bit. Is there a shim I can get to independently raise my arm pads? I'm on the low/far stem and the highest bar spacer right now (45mm?). I want to play around with something slightly higher but don't want the headache of swapping the stem and spacer right now. Thoughts?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply

Prev Next