Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuller wrote:

Quote:
Mitch, on another thread someone suggested that if you flip the 'pivot cradle' around, you'll get more reach by slamming the extension out further. I understand this is not by the book but how bad of an idea is it?

And if I do try this, what other things should I be cognizant of

We don't recommend flipping the pivot cradle around as it is only meant to be facing one direction with the set screw at the rear only.

Well that's a bother, I have a follow up appointment with my fitter tomorrow and I thought I had come to a pretty good position prior to the visit. I have a different saddle and pedals and I was hoping to just get those issues taken care of and I would be good to go. Now I find out that the pivot cradle is facing the wrong way and I'm going to lose 1.5cm or so of reach. Don't know who the culprit is, could be my LBS or the fitter. Anyway I took it apart and reassembled it correctly but now I might have to go with the plug in to get the reach back.

Well, so far so good. I finished up with my fit process and didn't need to do anything drastic on the front end. We removed the 5mm spacer under the pad support bar, reset the seat height a bit lower and moved the Speedplay cleats around some. It feels pretty good but I will need some time in the saddle (and a powermeter) to see if I'm getting better. Right now I'm at:

Pad Stack 655
Pad Reach (center) 507
Saddle height 801

I'm 6'-0" 155lbs (race weight) and 66 years old. Let the Games Begin!

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Cammyd81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cammyd81 wrote:
Trying to determine the right size for me.
Currently on a 56 Cervelo P5
Pad stack of 631
Pad reach to back of pad 451
Seat height 776
Thanks

I'd suggest a Large frame with a Low-Near stem paired with 30mm of mono spacers and a Long 15mm offset seatpost!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuller wrote:
Fuller wrote:

Quote:
Mitch, on another thread someone suggested that if you flip the 'pivot cradle' around, you'll get more reach by slamming the extension out further. I understand this is not by the book but how bad of an idea is it?

And if I do try this, what other things should I be cognizant of

We don't recommend flipping the pivot cradle around as it is only meant to be facing one direction with the set screw at the rear only.

Well that's a bother, I have a follow up appointment with my fitter tomorrow and I thought I had come to a pretty good position prior to the visit. I have a different saddle and pedals and I was hoping to just get those issues taken care of and I would be good to go. Now I find out that the pivot cradle is facing the wrong way and I'm going to lose 1.5cm or so of reach. Don't know who the culprit is, could be my LBS or the fitter. Anyway I took it apart and reassembled it correctly but now I might have to go with the plug in to get the reach back.

Well, so far so good. I finished up with my fit process and didn't need to do anything drastic on the front end. We removed the 5mm spacer under the pad support bar, reset the seat height a bit lower and moved the Speedplay cleats around some. It feels pretty good but I will need some time in the saddle (and a powermeter) to see if I'm getting better. Right now I'm at:

Pad Stack 655
Pad Reach (center) 507
Saddle height 801

I'm 6'-0" 155lbs (race weight) and 66 years old. Let the Games Begin!

Happy to hear the fit is feeling good so far!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Lind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lind wrote:
Sorry..can´t make the file work..maybe email?

Feel free to send me a PM or you can also host the image on an image hosting site and share the link here

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lind wrote:

You almost look like you want to lower your stack in the front to try to help flatten your back out. When doing that, you may also need to put the arm pads further out to re-obtain a ~90 degree bend in your elbow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mitch I will try that but the size seems right.
When I was on the M I felt uncomfortable and that it wasen´t long enough. I think this will be good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lind wrote:
Thanks Mitch I will try that but the size seems right.
When I was on the M I felt uncomfortable and that it wasen´t long enough. I think this will be good.

Happy to help!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used this BTA system on their SC?

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/.../drinking-system-ds1

My Profile Design bottle straw seems too far back and I have mount as far forward as possible. Drinking requires me to take my eyes off the road momentarily.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a little early but since I pick up my new speed concept later this week (Thanks Mitch for the fit suggestions) I figured I should start looking for some accessories, specifically a BTA hydration system. Does anyone have any suggestions--what you like or dont like about the system you have??? I am leaning towards the x-lab torpedo versa system with the telescoping computer mount--Anyone know how stable/reliable the computer mount is-- For what it's worth I have a profile design FC on my existing bike and I'm not a huge fan--it just seems to shift around with the velcro straps and I don't like where the computer mounts on top. Thanks for any feedback
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TK17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run the XLab Torpedo on my SC and like it a lot. The computer mount has a large range of adjustment and is mostly stable. Only issue I’ve noticed is some vibration going over rough roads, but not a big deal.

I think you need to buy a Trek bracket that attaches to the SC, and then you screw the Torpedo to that. Nice solid mount, rather than having to use Velcro.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
I run the XLab Torpedo on my SC and like it a lot. The computer mount has a large range of adjustment and is mostly stable. Only issue I’ve noticed is some vibration going over rough roads, but not a big deal.

I think you need to buy a Trek bracket that attaches to the SC, and then you screw the Torpedo to that. Nice solid mount, rather than having to use Velcro.

For the mount, the part number is 512178. It creates a standard water bottle mounting solution in the cockpit. I installed the XLab Torpedo with it on my S/Os Speed Concept recently and it is a great hydration option for those looking for an integrated look.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [marting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity where is that computer mount you have between the bars from?
Last edited by: tyme: May 10, 19 9:28
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Just took my new speed concept home and hoped my wahoo tt mount would fit, looks like it doesnt...

What's the best option for mounting a Wahoo bolt?
Both with and without BTA hydration.

Thanks,
Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch, just tell us already, when, if ever, is the speed concept getting a disc brake upgrade???!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tyme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyme wrote:
Out of curiosity where is that computer mount you have between the bars from?

It’s a Profile Design Universal Computer Mount, trimmed to fit between the aerobar.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Mitch, just tell us already, when, if ever, is the speed concept getting a disc brake upgrade???!!!

Only the great product team have the answers, and their lips are sealed! Stay connected for future product updates!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LeTour Or Kona. If it doesn’t happen then, then maybe never will. Disc and more integration w improved extensions and adjustment I’m guessing.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all - I have a Trek Speed Concept gen 2 currently set up with the S-Bend (straight bar) extensions, angled slightly up. This is an old post, but gives you a picture of my general position with the bars (Red Trek Bike in the pictures) - https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=6199000

I just got a deal on a new pair of the Ergo Long (Ski Bends) extensions and thinking about switching to these bars. Wondering if anyone here made that change and if it effected their position? I'm not sure if I should decrease my stack height with the lower spacer since my hands will be relatively higher than current position.

Thanks!

Joe
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tri@thlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will your elbows move? If not, then no stack changes required. And they’d have to go a long way forward before your shoulders dropped, so likely no pad stack change required there either.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [marting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I had an impression people we’re going lower in front with higher hands. This thought I would try lowering the stack if my hands were higher. Like Tim Reed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:

Its coming.

2023: unknown
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

Its coming.

The Trek Stop Concept

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

Its coming.

Any chance you could expand on that?? :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next