Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, you could also look at some of the pro setups where they have managed to put two water bottles end to end in the 'between the bars' position. I think Tim O'Donnell has done that. Or just put a huge aero bottle jug there...
Quote Reply
10,000 posts - new record? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've now passed 10,000 posts in this thread.

Is that a record?

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
stevej wrote:
I'm hearing an end of July release date.

OK, but that is the same thing folks have said for 3+ years now. "A good source told me this Summer".......

The fact that 74mm wheels are confirmed, I think that's at least an indication. They probably wouldn't be targeting those for road bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As the proud owner of a new Speed Concept... Hi everyone!

Quick question: I like to run my pads close together and I'm planning on running a standard round bottle between my arms (actually using a profile design aero HC bottles using the BTA bracket but they're the same diameter as a standard round bottle).

In order to get my arms closer together, I figure I need to raise the bottle up so that my forearms partly fit underneath the bottle. Maybe an inch, or slightly more?

Anyone have any experience with something like this? I figure I'd likely need a spacer between the bottle mount and the cage (or between the aerobars and the bottle mount but that seems harder), but I'm not sure where to start.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have the mounting bracket that goes with the bars? It's a thin piece and raises the holder about half an inch off the mono bar.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Do you have the mounting bracket that goes with the bars? It's a thin piece and raises the holder about half an inch off the mono bar.

I do. I'm trying to gain another inch or so above the bracket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea I'm hoping that's the case?
Quote Reply
Re: 10,000 posts - new record? [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep.... until the disc model
Comes out.......

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wanted to do similar thing and raise the bottle so it fits snug above my forearms. (See photo in link below)
Solution was to get some M5x50mm bolts and a pack of 20mm Black Nylon SPACERS Plastic Standoffs. Long M5 bolts attaching bottle cage to the monobar bottle cage mount w/ 2 20mm spacers on each bolt.

https://gyazo.com/...3b63a77451d861a31006

Last edited by: JaBuddyG: Apr 15, 21 0:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.revolverwheels.co.uk/shop/components-accessories/revolver-blackbird-sc-mono-trek-speed-concept/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Hiphophopper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the new RSL 74 wheels dropped. They are disc only too. Speed concept disc this year confirmed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
Looks like the new RSL 74 wheels dropped. They are disc only too. Speed concept disc this year confirmed.

Link? Or are you just assuming because they released a 74mm wheel?
Or you heard from a 'reliable source'?? ;)
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Apr 15, 21 11:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Considering they don’t have a bike to use a 74mm disc wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
Considering they don’t have a bike to use a 74mm disc wheel.

Right, just confirming, there is zero mention of a new SC with disc brakes.

Also worth noting, people can use Bontrager wheels on bikes other than Trek. Just sayin.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [JaBuddyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JaBuddyG wrote:
Wanted to do similar thing and raise the bottle so it fits snug above my forearms. (See photo in link below)
Solution was to get some M5x50mm bolts and a pack of 20mm Black Nylon SPACERS Plastic Standoffs. Long M5 bolts attaching bottle cage to the monobar bottle cage mount w/ 2 20mm spacers on each bolt.

https://gyazo.com/...3b63a77451d861a31006

Something literally like this was my imagined solution, though likely not so high as what you have. I'm surprised that it can keep a full bottle stable like that (especially when not in the aero position)! I think I'll be trying something similar.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Hiphophopper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hiphophopper wrote:
https://www.revolverwheels.co.uk/shop/components-accessories/revolver-blackbird-sc-mono-trek-speed-concept/

I've seen that mono pad option before but didn't realize that it had a hydration adapter like it does. Once I get my final fit done, I'll have a better sense of how narrow I'll be. My fit was supposed to be this week, but we're under another lockdown. Once that's done I'll have to evaluate this option vs the DIY method.

Thanks!
Last edited by: timbasile: Apr 15, 21 13:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In keeping with the new bike theme, my new bike has developed a slight knock in the left crank.

I've had other bikes with the dreaded left crank knock and I'm hoping that this isn't the case with this one as well.

Is this a known/common issue with Speed Concepts, and if so is there an easy fix? (Other than bring back to the LBS where I purchased it which is a pain atm due to the pandemic)

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What extensions do people use with the plug in mono-extension to get a mantis position? I'll also be using underpad spacers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One popular, and affordable choice are the aluminum Zipp Vuka Alumina Evo's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick q: has anyone fitted a Walker Bros Wideboy disc to the SC?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe lots of people, including me, have used a Zipp Super9 disc with no issues in the SC, and Zipp lists the brake track width as about 26.5mm. Walker lists as 25mm? I'd assume no issue.

EDIT - When Walker lists width as 25mm, hard to tell if they are talking about internal width, or brake track width. If that was internal width, clearance might be tight. Best confirm with them!
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Apr 22, 21 5:55
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a regular walker brothers disc on it and it's plenty fine but I know that doesn't help much. Drop them a message, they were pretty good at getting back to me
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cheers both - getting a helluva deal on a second hand one and I can probably sell it for more than I will buy in any case.
Mainly - man, I enjoy the process of getting tubulars ready - the gluing, the alignment and I love the ride of them, but my God I hate getting those bloody things on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
In keeping with the new bike theme, my new bike has developed a slight knock in the left crank.

I've had other bikes with the dreaded left crank knock and I'm hoping that this isn't the case with this one as well.

Is this a known/common issue with Speed Concepts, and if so is there an easy fix? (Other than bring back to the LBS where I purchased it which is a pain atm due to the pandemic)

Thanks!

Update: looks like this is a bearing issue on my Assioma pedals, rather than the Ultegra cranks. Not so much problem solved, but a problem for another thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, a friend of mine has a 2011 Speed Concept, she bought it used from someone, but they didn't have the spacer kit for adjusting stack. I've crawled through the net looking for the kit, but no success. Does anyone know if this can still be purchased? or any aftermarket spacer kits that may work?
Quote Reply

Prev Next