Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
If I understand how the 4x4x48 works, I have a scenario

The Runner could start at noon, with runs at noon, 4PM and 8PM counting for Day 1

Runs starting at Midnight, 4AM and 8AM would count for Day 2 - runs at Noon, 4PM and 8PM would not count within 100/100 for Day 2

Day 3 would start with a run at Midnight, then conclude with 4AM and 8AM

So the 4x4x48 Runner could get 100/100 credit for 9 of the 12 runs required

Sound about right?

Ok, here's another format

Thanksgiving Full Fatass 50K
Run 50K between 12AM Thanksgiving Thursday and 11:59PM Sunday

The twist is that the clock keeps ticking between runs (could call those Transition Times)

Assuming a conservative 9:00/mile pace, what would be the most number of 100/100 runs you would cover the 50K into AND complete in the shortest total time?

I have no idea, so any answer would be fine with me

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Nov 4, 21 18:41
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As one who did the "lots of 30minute runs" in one day in prior years, my opinion is that from an overall fitness perspective, I'm not sure if so many short runs in a day is better than fewer but longer runs.

So my suggestion:

Credit for one run per day: run can be the 2 or 3 miles or whatever you all decide.

Credit for two runs in a day: One run has to be at least 45 minutes, the other can be the minimum.

3 runs: One at least an hour, one at least 45 minutes, one at least the minimum.

And so on - 75min for 4, hour thirty for 5, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [do3b] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good idea, but would probably stress the tool with all the variables/parameters

Sounds like something SAP would get into

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
I’m a little upset at the limit of 3 runs per day. Whatever happened to that blue fella who lived that life on his treadmill with the closet of running shoes? Are we just abandoning him?

My first time scanning the forum in 9 months or so and I see this. Holy shit, this is motivating. God damnit, I am in this year.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
I just signed up. It’s been so long that I didn’t know how to do it! I had to read the article and look at the picture.

The consistency of this thing has been very good for me in the distant past, but I don’t think I ever started out as out-of-shape as I am now. If I can stick with this— even with my pitiful efforts, it will be good.

I'll be rooting for you.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
CallMeMaybe wrote:
I just signed up. It’s been so long that I didn’t know how to do it! I had to read the article and look at the picture.

The consistency of this thing has been very good for me in the distant past, but I don’t think I ever started out as out-of-shape as I am now. If I can stick with this— even with my pitiful efforts, it will be good.

I'll be rooting for you.

Can we get a current progress report from you?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
CallMeMaybe wrote:
I’m a little upset at the limit of 3 runs per day. Whatever happened to that blue fella who lived that life on his treadmill with the closet of running shoes? Are we just abandoning him?

My first time scanning the forum in 9 months or so and I see this. Holy shit, this is motivating. God damnit, I am in this year.

Welcome back! I hope the leg is all good by now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not reading this entire thread...anyone care to enlighten me-I'm trying to fly low, but need to know...

what's the deal-does 3 miles count or does it have to be 30 minutes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
CallMeMaybe wrote:

Yay!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
I'm not reading this entire thread...anyone care to enlighten me-I'm trying to fly low, but need to know...

what's the deal-does 3 miles count or does it have to be 30 minutes?

Whichever comes first

If you run 3 miles in 24 minutes, that counts

If you run 30 minutes but only cover 2.7 miles, that counts, as well

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What randy said. But, I wanted to reply to the good doctor, too.

Good to see you around, doc. We've both been absent from these parts for a while. Life has been too busy, of late.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My running has been jogging around a swim focus since end Sept (basically enough running to get into a proper run groove during 100/100....swimming 20-28km weekly) but wanted to do another 5000m before 100/100. Unfortuantely wth all the swimming 4 strokes i gained another 5 lbs. i went 22:27 (4:36 4:31 4:27 4:29 and 4;23) but it felt waaaaaay harder than than 22:31 i did earlier in this thread from the weight gain. Hopefully get down in weight and below 21:30 by end of 100/100.

But this is also the best run shape entering 100/100 since 2014. The 22:27 was also a PB since Nov 2015 when I had ruptured discs and could not walk so it is a win at 56. Entering Nov 2018 100/100 i had given up on running and slowman convinced me to try 100/100 days of rehab to get to a 30 min jog. So here we are.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I voted 3/30 and like the purity of the 100/100 as is for legacy reasons.

Way more people are participants rather than competitors that take part in our sport. This is a challenge rather than a training plan and I treat is as a stand alone achievement to aim for, rather than the most efficient way to get fitter - I don't think many don't realise that.

Could there be two Gold/Silver/Bronze type achievements: The current way, and then Gold is 100 runs of 3/30mins, Silver is 100 runs of 2/20mins and Bronze is 100 runs of 1/10mins so people can choose the lower limit and still aim for 100/100.

Anyway, just an idea, I think how it is is ideal and i've never managed to complete it.

A high DNS/DNF rate would be normal for a 100 day long virtual online event i'd guess.

Good luck everyone

Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [duffyshuffle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duffyshuffle wrote:
Could there be two Gold/Silver/Bronze type achievements: The current way, and then Gold is 100 runs of 3/30mins, Silver is 100 runs of 2/20mins and Bronze is 100 runs of 1/10mins so people can choose the lower limit and still aim for 100/100.

Too many variables; I don't think the scoring tool could handle it

Going forward, there may have to be TWO 100/100s people would sign up for: one with a 3/30 minimum and one with a 2/20 minimum

They could be called "100/100 Classic" and "100/100 Lite"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooo I just thought about my Covid booster. I’d like to get it before this 100/100 starts.

I got my second shot 5/15/2021 so my 6 month date is 11/15. I bet my pharmacist will give it to me tomorrow. I’ll ask nicely. She’s a nice lady. Fingers crossed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weather forecast here looks very promising for Week 1. Colder than normal, but highs are around 50F with no miserable wind/rain so great jogging weather IMO. I think I will kick it off Monday with a 5km baseline as Paul has suggested.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Big John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50* sounds nice. Things are getting hot here. It’s 91*, although I see it’s only 86* in Death Valley right now.

I’m in terrible shape, so running a 5k daily will be plenty of a challenge. If things work out, it might be fun to divide the 100/100 into thirds and try to do two runs/day for the second section. Do three runs/day for the third section. A person would feel mighty accomplished doing that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long time lurker first time poster here. This challenge came at just the right time for me, and has inspired me to take up running again. I'm a 3:30 (2017) marathon runner, and I have not ran consistently since my 1/2 IM in 2018. Looking to get a good base and a good routine from the 100/100 challenge, with a view to a marathon PB in the next year. I have gone from 0 km /wk to 30 km /wk (this week) in 5km increments over the last 6 weeks in build up to this challenge - a bit more aggressive then the 10% rule but I have taken it very easy 60-70% MaxHR.. My approach is to keep the easy pace for the duration and cycle a rest week in every 4. I'm shooting for 100. Thanks for setting this up.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
ok enough whining on this thread.....are you running 2-4 hrs per week right now....if not get your ass in gear!!! Anyone want to run a baseline 5 km this week or next week before and do one after when we are fat from Thanksgiving and Xmas, or thin from rest of 100/100 (or 60/100 or whatever)

I'm in for a baseline 5k! It will be Monday for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be posting my bib on Instagram over the weekend [no significant change from last year, other than the date]

Let me know if you want one, what number to use, and PM me regarding how to get it to you [email, txt, DM, etc]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t think I’m on Instagram anymore. I believe I deleted my account. I’ll DM you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You wanna make one that has a COVID-19 Quarantine highlight around it? Cause...that's what I'm in now. Kiddo was a close contact at school and we're now isolating.

I'm still going to make a novel attempt at 100 runs in 100 days. Whether or not they all will count for the purposes of the standings is another story (#Team20MinuteMinimum). :)

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll see what I can do and get back to you

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok folks... day 1 of the challenge: Baseline 5k. List your result!
Quote Reply

Prev Next