Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome news synthetic - hope buddy learns some respect for personal property!

I've been absolutely awful about updating my training log, let alone checking in, but I'll be out there somewhere..

..probably doing something stupid 😝

Happy new year hundreders! 😸🥂✨

Last edited by: Anna s: Dec 31, 21 3:57
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Anna,

Thank you—and a „good slide“ to you as well!

Let’s hope that 2022 is a better year!

Ciao
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev,

How did the 100x100 swim go? Looking forward to reading your report.

Have a great New Year’s Eve and productive 2022!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Synthetic,

Really glad to hear that you were able to recover the bicycle. As someone who has had a number of bicycles stolen over the years, I love to hear about when people are able to recover their property, and you ‘caught’ the person responsible for / involved in the theft!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enjoy New Year’s Eve and see you in 2022!

Ciao
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those of you who are ALL about the data

Happy New Year, ya loveable [and dedicated] Weirdos!!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Flemish Arrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flemish Arrow wrote:
Hey Dev,

How did the 100x100 swim go? Looking forward to reading your report.

Have a great New Year’s Eve and productive 2022!

OK 25x400IM Long course done in an elapsed time of 3:35 (was holding 7:30 to 8:22 range for swim times).

I took two days off running but now I better get back on track on 100/100. Enough swimming. I booked my trip to Hawaii 70.3 so have to actually do a bit more bike and run now (but also have a 50km ski race in 7 weeks....YIKES).
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This true for anyone else (NYE)? I was dead asleep 830 yesterday....My running team up at 630 am today,. 2mi warm up, 1 mile @ 6:16, 4mi cool down. start the year right!

Last edited by: synthetic: Jan 1, 22 9:12
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question for the knowledgeable about how to log today; subtitled “what in the world did I do?”

So it’s New Year’s Day and it was snowing and stoopid cold and I didn’t want to sit inside all day so I wound up doing my own impromptu 6 hour backyard. Start at the top of the hour, ~40 min run then go inside, sit down, warm up, eat, go back out at the top of the next hour and repeat.

So for the purposes of 100/100 did I:
1: Do three qualifying runs (9am, 11am, 1pm)
2: Do one 40 min run since the others didn’t have a full hour of inactivity between them
3: Do one long run using the elapsed times added together
4: Do one long run starting at the beginning of the first and ending at the finish of the last

Whatever fits in to the spirit of 100/100 works for me, I had a fun day in the snow and got to try out some cold weather gear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
First option. 3 runs - what you do in the hour between runs is your choice, it doesn't have to be inactive. In fact I think the hour between runs was originally done to fit in a brick workout of run bike run.

Congrats on your great workout, sounds like you had fun 😀
Thanks! If the gym had been open I’d have done a treadmill day; in retrospect I’m glad I was forced to deal with the elements. For some reason I’m really tired today😁
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Ijustrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Big John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today is the 50. day - the half way mark!

This is great - I feel better than ever in the last year and - albeit we got a break from Winter in Germany and Switzerland - I also feel quite proud about having maintained this streak through the difficult months so far!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Feehliks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50/100. yay.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless I get out there today in the snow (or do some sort of indoor jogging in place around the TV room, etc.) I'll be 3 runs in the hole at the halfway turn here. Maybe I can double up later in the week and get one back...we'll see.

Happy New Year, runners!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Big John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a question: if you do a half marathon in like 2 hours, can you count that as 2 runs? In theory it's a 30 min run, an hour break (yes, you're still running, but ok....) then another 30 minute run. Yes?
What's the verdict?
Last edited by: abenz: Jan 3, 22 7:41
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [abenz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would you want to?

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [abenz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
abenz wrote:
I have a question: if you do a half marathon in like 2 hours, can you count that as 2 runs? In theory it's a 30 min run, an hour break (yes, you're still running, but ok....) then another 30 minute run. Yes?
What's the verdict?

no. full stop and restart hour later has different physiological effects on the body. Some people recover well... some people get stiff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
abenz wrote:
What's the verdict?

no. full stop and restart hour later has different physiological effects on the body. Some people recover well... some people get stiff

I dunno, that seems like an arbitrary interpretation of the rules. You could also say some people might recover well after 2 hours, some might feel better while still running, etc... It seems like the one hour break is there so you don't just run 12 miles and count it as 4 runs -- that rule makes sense.

Also, in theory you could stop your watch for an hour in the middle of your race, and Strava would pick up 2 runs. I know, I know I'm finding loopholes in the rules... :) Just curious what everyone thinks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
abenz wrote:
Just curious what everyone thinks.

*I* think people are working very hard to make this more difficult than it needs to be

"Run for 1/2 an hour as close to every day as you can for 3 months or so. Good luck & have fun"

At it's core, that's all it is

YMMV - literally

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. Counting it as 2 is fine. I think the loopholes are all there (and reasonable) to facilitate things like this and like jogging in the parking lot for 15 minutes in between meetings and so forth and still be able to count it as a "run" for the day or to help you out if you get behind by a day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
abenz wrote:
Just curious what everyone thinks.

*I* think people are working very hard to make this more difficult than it needs to be

"Run for 1/2 an hour as close to every day as you can for 3 months or so. Good luck & have fun"

At it's core, that's all it is

YMMV - literally

I agree with you RandMart, this is a friendly challenge, we should all be having fun. I'm just debating this half-marathon I want to sign up for, and trying to figure out how it would factor into this challenge. :) :)

BTW, seems like we are onto a hot trend:

https://www.nytimes.com/...ing-streak-rise.html
Last edited by: abenz: Jan 3, 22 10:57
Quote Reply

Prev Next