Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [tribern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tribern wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for clarification please. I've read the rules and all posts in this thread. I'm using the 100/100 as motivation to get back to training consistently. My goal is 50/100, and my plan is to run 15 minutes twice a day, until I've built the fitness and stamina to run the minimum 30 minutes in 1 run. (I'm coming back from 18 months of no running and very little of anything else).

On my first 3 runs I've walked 5 minutes to warm up, then ran a total of 15 minutes, and walked the remainder of my route home
In Reply To:
, or if on a treadmill, for another 15 minutes to make a 35 minute workout.

My question is, do I need to add up and log the 2 x 15 minutes of running and the distance I ran, or can I just sync both run-walks through Strava and be done?

You'll have to do this manually. The software can't tell when two 15-minuters ought to be combined.

Cheers, and welcome back to running! That's awesome!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [cbump] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cbump wrote:
If I sort by duration, the #1 person seems a little fishy. Lol

That's because he hasn't taken close note of his Data Quality warning about CRAZY SPEED :)

I think he just fat fingered the duration. I saw that as well.

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [TriNSki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriNSki wrote:
can't seem to get the Strava integration to link. I press the button to connect to Strava and nothing happens. I do have a Circle with hash after that if I try to press again.
I've tried this on 2 different browsers.
any suggestions appreciated!

reposting with a tag to @EricTheBiking - as I think he may have the answers?

thx
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [PaulDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My return to "The Hill" (a short dirt road in my village that is literally called "The Hill") was interesting, and seemed to confirm to me that there is some psychological problem to my issues with hills. In the (utterly flat) 1/3 mile or so before I got to the incline, I could already feel my chest tightening, I felt more out of breadth and had what I could only call a general sense of anxiety.

As it turned out, you could view this particular run as either pretty bad or pretty good. When I tried it last week, after the incline I couldn't run more than 50 yard/meters without stopping for a couple of minutes. Today I was finishing on the same final 2/3rd mile as last week's other runs and was 2m15s slower per mile over that section as when I had just run on the road. But on the other hand, I ran the whole thing without stopping today, and that has to be some kind of progress.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
tribern wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking for clarification please. I've read the rules and all posts in this thread. I'm using the 100/100 as motivation to get back to training consistently. My goal is 50/100, and my plan is to run 15 minutes twice a day, until I've built the fitness and stamina to run the minimum 30 minutes in 1 run. (I'm coming back from 18 months of no running and very little of anything else).

On my first 3 runs I've walked 5 minutes to warm up, then ran a total of 15 minutes, and walked the remainder of my route home
In Reply To:
, or if on a treadmill, for another 15 minutes to make a 35 minute workout.

My question is, do I need to add up and log the 2 x 15 minutes of running and the distance I ran, or can I just sync both run-walks through Strava and be done?

i think you'll probably need to hack it manually, in the training log. but i defer to those more knowledgeable.

Thanks Dan, I get that 2 x 15 minutes needs to be manually entered as one run, and that's what I've done so far.

Perhaps I could have been clearer, as my question is as much about the rules as the process. What if I ran for 3 minutes, walked for 2 minutes and repeated that a total of 6 times? The activity would qualify by meeting the 30 minute time requirement, but I have only run for 18 minutes. Would it count as a "run" on it's own (in which case I could just let Strava do its thing) or would I be required by the rules to do another one of these at least an hour later, with at least 12 minutes of running, to meet the minimum 30 minutes of running?

What prompted my question was seeing Dev's post about doing the 100/100 as rehab with a bunch of walk-runs as his build up to meeting the minimum in 1 continuous run. I aim to, eventually, run longer and further each run, but I am only aiming at 50/100, so will either cut back to one run every second day, or take advantage of the rules and have more rest in between run days, but do 2 a day when I'm running for 30 minutes or more each run.

Thanks,
Bernard
Last edited by: tribern: Nov 22, 21 17:16
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [tribern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tribern wrote:
What if I ran for 3 minutes, walked for 2 minutes and repeated that a total of 6 times? The activity would qualify by meeting the 30 minute time requirement, but I have only run for 18 minutes. Would it count as a "run" on it's own (in which case I could just let Strava do its thing).

It counts as a run in my book. You are legit giving your all to get back into running and if it involves a little walking - no one is going to care. Keep at it and make gains however you need to do it. Welcome back and keep at it.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My two major problems with 100/100 have been fixed since I last tried it. The transfer from Strava/Garmin works great and will transfer things like treadmill and swim workouts, and my 3+ mile runs count when they're under 30 minutes. THANK YOU!

Now I have to figure out how to outrun my baby daughter.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
tribern wrote:
What if I ran for 3 minutes, walked for 2 minutes and repeated that a total of 6 times? The activity would qualify by meeting the 30 minute time requirement, but I have only run for 18 minutes. Would it count as a "run" on it's own (in which case I could just let Strava do its thing).

It counts as a run in my book. You are legit giving your all to get back into running and if it involves a little walking - no one is going to care. Keep at it and make gains however you need to do it. Welcome back and keep at it.

Thanks! I'll keep the lanterne rouge shining brightly!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Anna S,
Well, that explains the similar weather.
Yes, here the sun is also shining bright! I am looking forward to my run in the afternoon. I just need to make sure I get back home before sunset.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Flemish Arrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flemish Arrow wrote:
Hello Anna S,
Well, that explains the similar weather.
Yes, here the sun is also shining bright! I am looking forward to my run in the afternoon. I just need to make sure I get back home before sunset.

No sun here yet just west of Munich. Dreading to go out in the drizzle - I'd rather have snow on the ground....
Glad to see a European contingent here in the challenge ;-)

Auf geht's!

Helmut
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not participating this year just following closely and trying to get caught up. Why was it capped at three runs per day this year?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [hroesner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moin Helmut,
Great to hear from down south near Munich!

Unfortunately, the clouds rolled in by the early afternoon, so I only had sporadic glimpses of the sun.

Worse was the fact that I got my flu shot this morning. This meant that I had to take it easy on the run. I think my legs took more of beating because I was going slower than usual and my running form goes to hell below a certain speed.

And adding insult to injury, my average time per mile for the Challenge went up by several seconds (should be pick, but I don’t know how to do it).

Hoffentlich wird Morgen besser sein!
Ciao
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Flemish Arrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve noticed that Starva reports a faster pace for me. For example I will run 9:00/mile on gps and then when I upload it to Starva it will be 8:30/mile…or something like that…not exact numbers.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sun has been wonderful the last couple of days, even though I've only caught the last bit of it

Heading home on this afternoon's jaunt

Wild flurry clouds catching the sunset light - we woke up to an inch of snow and had some flakes during the day, but nothing stuck around

Beautiful skies over the local park yesterday

Quote | Reply
The last one is kinda like what my part of Jersey looks like when I go out on the Dawn Patrol - if I'm lucky

Did treadmill today, as Tuesday has become my "always" weight training day; Thursday & Saturday are "sometimes" or "if I can get there" days, depending on someone being here to keep an eye on MIL for a couple hours [I can sneak out of the house for half an hour a day to run while she takes her afternoon nap without trouble/worry, but going to the gym - or shopping- for more than an hour, feels risky]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Anna

I work from home so it kinda fell on me to watch her during the day vs. getting a caretaker to come in or putting her in a facility, right away

There's a thread in The LR about it all

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...Parents%22_P7561000/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is all this talk about snow.

Sorry for not participating. Been plugging along wth a pile of 10-15 min runs multiple times per day to hit daily 30 min during weekdays when my primary activities are work related (yes, sometimes there is this crazy tech ceo running loops of parking lot in jeans between meetings) or my main exercise which is swimming (often 10/15 min before 60-100 min swim and a short jog after and then jogging through day to get over 30). Saturday and Sunday doing "real runs"
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10% done said the optimist...

After a very wet start to the challenge, including flooding and a 'state of emergency', it has been a relatively dry and cold past few days.

Any way, here is the shot from Sundays run:

What is everyone doing for recovery days, weeks? Backing off mileage every 4th week? Banking some runs to have a day or twos recovery?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [calumf50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recovery? Bwahahahahaha. There is no recovery during 100/100 :) Somewhere around run #70, your body might finally catch up.

It is really worthwhile banking a few runs to deal with inevitable few days where for one reason or another you just can't get out there. A couple of challenges in the past I've had to go all the way through several runs down and double up on the final days. Not a good feeling.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [PaulDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PaulDavis wrote:
Recovery? Bwahahahahaha. There is no recovery during 100/100 :) Somewhere around run #70, your body might finally catch up.

Conversely, since I run at least 5K most days through the year anyway, taking a day off, my system may ask "What's up, buddy? Go get some miles in"

As I've said often "Endorphin Withdrawal is a terrible thing to experience, and horrible to watch"

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Week 1 (I am using a 10-day week) in the books and 10/10 so far! This was not a challenging week for me. Weather here ranged from outstanding to tolerable...no miserable wind/rain/cold. There were a couple of days where I was busy and probably would not have run otherwise if not for the 100/100 challenge. So that was cool. Week 2 promises to be similar in these regards (weather, schedule, etc.). Bring it on! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanksgiving Day - Alice's Restaurant Massacree
18:34 out [run time of "Alice's Restaurant"] turn around & come back the same route

Covered just past 2 miles when the alarm sounded to head back

Definitely some feasting to come today out there, as I could easily smell coffee, bacon, and other breakfast goodies being made as I ran past

Quote Reply

Prev Next