Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [calumf50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gorgeous pictures. That’s just beautiful!

I ran with my big dog in town today because (1) overcast & cool and (2) trash day! Big dog has to poop at least once per run so I like available trash bins.

We ran less slowly. On our trails, we average 11:30s and sometimes even slower. We ran 9:15s today. Running on streets is fun and fast(er). There were a lot of new distractions, like sparkly golden deer and giant mice wearing Christmas sweaters in front yards.

I spoke with my neighbor runner who was hit by a car while out running about 2 weeks ago. She’s out of the hospital, obv. She has a punctured lung and messed up knee. She’s able to limp around. The guy who hit her ran a red light and was going an estimated 30mph. She didn’t go over the top of his van or go under it, which would likely have killed her. She was aware the whole time. She says the mental trauma is worse than the physical damage. That’s so brutal.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Big John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really nice video. Hard to believe it’s next to the interstate.

Ciao
Last edited by: Flemish Arrow: Dec 7, 21 9:51
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really sorry to hear about your neighbor’s accident and associated injuries. Cars rarely see us, and even when they do, they more often than not completely misjudge the closing speeds. The same also holds for many cyclists; they don’t think we can possibly be moving fast enough to cover X amount of ground in Y time.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [calumf50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice pics. Makes me want to go for a run 😀
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’ve almost caught back up. Since you have more mileage, you’ll pass me with one more run. Did you do some doubles lately?
Ciao
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Flemish Arrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I setup an RV in Tofino to surf by day, run by night, and work a little too.
There is a lane beside the highway so night running to Tacofino/eats and back. + A morning run got all caught up
Legs feel pretty good.. staying a slow/easy pace.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
Beautiful! The deer in the forest here are not used to humans and will bolt if they hear anything. Now and again I'll get to see deer, hares, foxes and once a boar.

There's a house I run past that is set about 50yds back from the road, with a front yard as big and flat as half a football field

Some mornings, there will be a deer or two or three, grazing on the lawn near the porch

As I trot by, they will look up with a "You again?" expression, kinda pissed that I interrupted their breakfast

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [SharkFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’re killing me here—that looks amazing!!! All these images are making it much more difficult to accept my icy (well, not that icy), grey days. Having said that, I just need to make it to January. While not always the case, January and February usually have some nice sunny days followed by cold nights. But the trade off is definitely worth it. As a bonus, the sun heats up the house to such an extent on sunny days that we can pretty much keep the heater on low during the night—which ain’t half bad when it’s well below freezing outside.

Ciao
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Flemish Arrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m still a few runs behind from IMAZ, but today was day #2900 of my Runstreak so I ran 29k.

Hoping to catch back up to even sometime next week.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are you using for the Run Streak minimum? The culturally accepted 1 mile or ST's 3 mile?

Just curious

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So,it’s been a journey. Originally started 1/1/13 the minimum was 4mi. Made it to sept and had a slight injury. Did IMAZ that year so I quit before the race so I could run.

Started again 12/31/13 with the first year at 1mi. Next was 1.5, 3rd was 2, 4th was 2.5. Again an injury made me back off to 1mi. Since then it’s been 1mi.

I am averaging about 3.5 daily for the entire streak per Garmin.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
👍🏽
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Anna s wrote:
Beautiful! The deer in the forest here are not used to humans and will bolt if they hear anything. Now and again I'll get to see deer, hares, foxes and once a boar.

There's a house I run past that is set about 50yds back from the road, with a front yard as big and flat as half a football field

Some mornings, there will be a deer or two or three, grazing on the lawn near the porch

As I trot by, they will look up with a "You again?" expression, kinda pissed that I interrupted their breakfast

Yep. Suburban deer are WAY different and will literally walk right ON the front porch to look around. Mountain deer…totally different and they will juMp off at the snap of a twig (and can even smell you).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Big John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And these are JERSEY deer, so "You again?" is followed by "Fuck off, ya skinny little shit. I got no time f'youse"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What if on one day you do a 30 minute run in the morning and a 15 minute run in the evening. And then on the next day you do the same thing…30 minute run and 15 minute run. Would this count as 3 runs over the 2 days? I think so, but just want to get the consensus of the group first before synching it. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Month end/EOQ has had me too busy to post fun stuff (or heck, even get my workout log up to date), but I adore this shot I got on Sunday evening. I was lucky enough to have a tailwind for all but about 100m of a point-to-point run (2nd of the day) in sleet that was blowing sideways, and the low cloud over town made it just light enough to run without a headlamp. Why would anyone do that? To see this:

Quote | Reply
To Big John:

As I read the rules, you can never add two sub 30 minute runs together to come up with one run. If, for example, you ran 15 minutes one day and 15 the next, you have done zero runs. You would have to run 15 minutes, followed by a 45 minute run the next day, then you would count that as two 30 minute runs.
Last edited by: Deserwest: Dec 9, 21 1:17
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:
... and you're always saying there's nothing to see where you live!!

Nothing as photogenic as what others put up, anyway

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Deserwest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Deserwest wrote:
To Big John:

As I read the rules, you can never add two sub 30 minute runs together to come up with one run. If, for example, you ran 15 minutes one day and 15 the next, you have done zero runs. You would have to run 15 minutes, followed by a 45 minute run the next day, then you would count that as two 30 minute runs.

Anna s wrote:
Rule 12: Up to twice per week you can run a session that is shorter than 30min if on the very next day you run a session that makes up the difference, i.e., a 23min run doesn't count, but, if you run a 37min run the following day, then you've officially run 2 sessions.

As Deserwest pointed out, you'd have to run 45 mins the next day for it to count.

Thanks, Deserwest and Anna!

Yes, that is good clear interpretation. Well...shucks...I will just have to come up with a new plan!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Anna,

Well, I should be following your training approach, which I did the past three challenges. I’ll eventually hit the hills and slow the pace down. COVID, (mostly) home office, and an unusually high workload for this time of year are conspiring against me. Instead of running in the hills and taking things easy, I’m simply following a different path at the moment. It wasn’t planned, so I have no problem backing off once I get bored doing the same thing. Right now it’s the most efficient use of my time.
Anyway, stay healthy, have a good run tomorrow (and each day thereafter), and enjoy the upcoming weekend!
Ciao
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today marks a quarter of the way done. Great job so far, everybody! Keep on running!🏃‍♀️

I do not have high hopes for myself for tomorrow. I am out the door at 3:30 am and into the woods with full hunting gear for the final day of deer season. It is possible we get it done early and a I get a trail run in on the way home in the evening…you never know!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for minimal participation, but I have nothing glorious to report other than I am on 100/100 pace. Other than 4 runs, all more other runs are filler runs of 10-20 minutes at a time mainly before and after swims, or in between meetings in my regular clothes and running shoes or as part of circuit training at the gym where I do 10 minutes at a time around weights and rowing machine, but those weight room runs are pretty hard. I am getting in around 50km per week doing this so slightly behind my weekly mileage target, but the base is getting laid for next year. I signed up for Hawaii 70.3. Muskoka 70.3 and St. George 70.3 Worlds (roll down) so getting enough running in for when I get into serious run training.
Quote Reply

Prev Next