Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [trirunnermaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trirunnermaybe wrote:
I'm sure I'm being an idiot, but how do we link to Strava? (Apologies if it's posted somewhere and I missed it.) I enrolled and can see the "Strava" hyperlink from Activities tab, but that just takes me to Strava.

Not off to a great start, yesterday was my off day - ha!

Never mind... found it. For anyone else who might have same question, look under the tab where it says "Welcome USERNAME" and you will see Strava Integration.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day two in the books. I am so sore from the marathon on Sunday that I still can't walk down stairs without holding on. I already started using my massage gun and I stretching more than ever throughout the day. I have ice on my foot and knee already to be proactive.

I was able to catch my son's cold he had on Saturday. The whole family has it now - our first cold since lockdown 1.5 years ago. Excellent timing.

The other goal I have is to push myself to run faster this year since the volume is going to be less. I am getting the runs done faster but it will be interesting to see if I can recover from them like I used to.

In theory, once I recover from the marathon and the cold passes, this should get easier ...I hope.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weather still nice here! This is a photo from my run today…which is basically my bread and butter run most every day. As you can see the leaves are covering the trail now, and it is rocky beneath there in stretches, so I pussyfooted it around on it today…will be that way for a few more weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just noticed that yesterday's run disappeared from the challenge. it is still on the log, but today i can only see 1 run on the challenge totals, the one from today. a gremlin ate my run. help!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did someone say 100 in 100?

The snow started right on time, and I'm nowhere near fully recovered from a 72hr race I did in mid-October, but whatever - let's get silly!

GO GET IT ANNA!

Quote | Reply
Day 2 done. I set off to do my normal 5k route but noticed there were roadworks, so I opted for plan B, only to find more road works. By this point I was committed so it had to be plan C, which was a hilly route from sea level up a big hill. At least it was dry today.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [gogogo!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gogogo! wrote:
just noticed that yesterday's run disappeared from the challenge. it is still on the log, but today i can only see 1 run on the challenge totals, the one from today. a gremlin ate my run. help!

I’ve logged three runs and they all show up on my log but the challenge is only crediting me for two. Odd.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha...speaking of community, I crammed in a 10 min run after my 1:20 swim today and got to train station with 5 min to spare to catch my train to Toronto...got off train, got to hotel and had 25 min to cram in a treadmill run before a biz dinner....now doing endless pushup in hotel room watching Team Canada squeek past Mexico in CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying!!!

Without 100/100 today is a zero run day....instead 35 min in the bag!
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Nov 16, 21 20:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
run 2/day 2. again, in the dark - but this time it was at night (and the first one ended in the light). easy 4mi in just over 33min. my personal goal is at least 4mi/run, and end up with 500+mi for the challenge. we'll see. luckily ironman won't be getting in the way this year!

as an aside, i donated blood saturday. no regrets (give life!), but man i am feeling it. luckily i have no where to be in a hurry

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So far I've done a mid-day run, an evening treadmill run, and a Dawn Patrol run

No inclement weather to report yet, although it was frosty this morning

Carry on, Runners

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
So far I've done a mid-day run, an evening treadmill run, and a Dawn Patrol run

No inclement weather to report yet, although it was frosty this morning

Carry on, Runners

Signs of frost here too today in Victoria, BC. 3 deg C made for a chilly jog this morning, that I would not have done if it wasn't for the 100/100.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [calumf50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today was the best running weather of 2021 here! Temperature was around 50f, no wind, and sunny. I went up to the state park and ran the loop there…3-1/2 miles. Attached photo is from the top of the trail overlooking the lake below…beautiful!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Big John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woohoo, first 3 mile non-stop run in more than a year. Easy running, on the shoulder of NM41 south out of Galisteo, partly cloudy, light wind, 57F. Pacing was very easy (9:52 min/mile), but I haven't been able to run this far in a very long time. I was never a podium candidate (well, maybe once or twice), but as someone who was front-of-the-middle-of-the-pack at things like Triple T, American Zofingen etc., my inability to work hard at running has been a bit of a shock. Very nice to see this on just day 3 of 100/100.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [PaulDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
đź‘Ť
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Big John] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well here we are on day 3 ... after last year I wasn't sure that I would bother doing this again. As a run coach for 30 years and runner for 43, every time I looked and saw that someone did 6 25 minute runs in a day to chase the challenge spreadsheet, I would cringe and wonder why destroy your whole day for stupid vs quality workouts .... I know, it shouldn't bother me but wow! Or questions like can I count 2 runs if I run 2 hours and pretend the middle hour of running was a break between my 2 30 min runs ... WTF :)

However, after chatting with Dev at Muskoka 70.3 and seeing maximum of 3 runs (although there is no need for anyone other than a world class marathoner to do more than 3 doubles a week) I started thinking why not do it again... . I also, entered a marathon that I did in October on a whim without any runs longer than 13 miles until 4 weeks before .... figured I would bluff it until the wheels fell off the cart and see if I could get a Boston time. Came in 12 minutes under my required Boston time (this is one situation where being old is an asset!) so now I have a marathon to prep for. Took 3 weeks off training after the race and ran easy and short last week. I figure to keep the miles around 40-50/week until January and the challenge will definitely help my type A personality with motivation ... and then hopefully be free of any injuries and have a decent enough running base to start some real marathon training to finish off the challenge and get ready for April.

Cheers to everyone rising to the challenge and hope you all stay injury free and make this fun!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Friends,

Congratulations to everyone for starting the challenge! I look forward to hearing the stories and seeing the photos (looking at you Mistress K) shared by this great and supportive community.

I have enjoyed this challenge for quite a few years as well as the various sub-challenges that others might engage in (# of runs, avg. pace, mileage, etc.). I am not fussed about how people goal set and challenge themselves - I respect their dedication and the aspiration to try! From my perspective whatever it takes to get people out and engaged in healthy activity is a positive and this community reinforces and supports that endeavor - and I appreciate all of you for that contribution!

I have enjoyed a wet run (and I mean WET after the atmospheric river dropped a boatload of water on me to the point where I thought I should record the activity as a swim!), a sunny run, and an overcast and chill run. Each run was worthwhile to me irrespective of pace or distance and the chance to share the journey with my challenge friends is a perk!

Good luck everyone and have FUN!

Michael
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [mlawless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mlawless wrote:
Friends,

Congratulations to everyone for starting the challenge! I look forward to hearing the stories and seeing the photos (looking at you Mistress K) shared by this great and supportive community.

I have enjoyed this challenge for quite a few years as well as the various sub-challenges that others might engage in (# of runs, avg. pace, mileage, etc.). I am not fussed about how people goal set and challenge themselves - I respect their dedication and the aspiration to try! From my perspective whatever it takes to get people out and engaged in healthy activity is a positive and this community reinforces and supports that endeavor - and I appreciate all of you for that contribution!

I have enjoyed a wet run (and I mean WET after the atmospheric river dropped a boatload of water on me to the point where I thought I should record the activity as a swim!), a sunny run, and an overcast and chill run. Each run was worthwhile to me irrespective of pace or distance and the chance to share the journey with my challenge friends is a perk!

Good luck everyone and have FUN!

Michael

Well said, I couldn't agree more. Welcome back!

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Day 3, only 97 to go for the 100/100 Challenge. Running around the hood in SoCal in my Hoka Carbon X shoes. Is that an unfair advantage or a disadvantage because I'm so slow?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
100/100 challenge. Since you're the man who might know, a wild guess, who is the oldest participant this year? You think anyone over 78 years old? Just curious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol is it just moving time that counts? I have Strava sync’d, and literally did 30:08 and thought that would cover my slow walk turn-around at the midpoint of my run. Guess not! Missed counting todays by 7 seconds.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's famously media-challenged

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry about that! I forgot you can't upload photos to this board from a phone. I will try again today...even better weather, and I may go back to same state park.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big John wrote:
Sorry about that! I forgot you can't upload photos to this board from a phone. I will try again today...even better weather, and I may go back to same state park.

I upload photos to this forum from my phone all the time.
Quote Reply

Prev Next