Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to everyone, especially to those who got in 100 or more runs. I was happy to make it to bronze medal territory. I normally shoot for 3-4 runs per week. Even making it to 70 runs means getting in five runs per week. Frequency over quantity is a valid concept, I think, so this has been a nice nudge in that direction. See you all next year!

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Friends,

Thank you all for sharing your 100/100 journey - it has been, as always, a worthwhile and inspiring challenge. I have very much enjoyed reading the stories and successes of everyone. I hope the challenge has strengthened and renewed your running enjoyment and prepared you for future running (and other) success. Don't forget to take a moment to reflect on and celebrate your accomplishments - whether that was 1 run or 300 - it is all worthy of celebration!

Now it's time to start training for the 2022/23 100/100 Challenge :)

Congratulations to all!

Michael
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to send a big MAHALO to everyone for this awesome challenge. Really enjoyed pushing myself to run every single day and really being consistent for the first time in many years. I even got a little obsessive towards the end pushing to make the top 20. Finding ways to fit in runs before and after swims and even got to run in two different states and 2 different countries. My family though I was nuts at times,(ha ha, they know me well enough to know I AM NUTS!) running when it was nice out, running when it was shitty out, running in the rain, running in the snow, running when the temp was in the 80's and running when it was below zero, running early in the morning, running late at night. I haven't felt this good in years :) I took it super easy in most runs but did push a little here and there. But miraculously made it through with no injuries. Super pumped for race season :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You ran 152 miles this week including a sub 4 hour 50k - what are you getting ready for?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [mlawless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mlawless wrote:
Now it's time to start training for the 2022/23 100/100 Challenge

I'll be doing another one between Labor Day & Memorial Day [~100 days]; you can join me then!!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to everyone who participated and set high goals for themselves. I enjoyed reading the stories and updates throughout the months. I am pretty sure I read every one of them. I was in a huge physical and mental rut going into this. The group inspired and motivated me to be a better runner and have no excuses. I would have never been able to lock in to a huge running block without this. Fantastic work by all. I hope everyone is relaxing and taking a small break to recover now and enjoy their accomplishments.

Herbert wrote:
You ran 152 miles this week including a sub 4 hour 50k - what are you getting ready for?

Yeah, I went hard the last four days. My family was out of town over the weekend and I had a holiday on Monday. After running 60K on Saturday, my body responded well on my first run Sunday. About five miles in, I decided this would just turn the last four days into running as much as I can without getting injured. I felt okay putting in big miles again on Sunday, but on Monday I felt my Peroneal Tendon getting aggravated (the first time ever). I took it somewhat easy on Monday and responded okay on the last day to do more big miles. It ended up being good physical and mental training for ultras. It hurt a lot and I was basically either running or treating my body the last four days. My only race schedule this year is Hyner 50K in April. I am feeling a lot more confident in doing well there now that I got through this. Yesterday I biked for 20 minutes and today I biked for 10 minutes. I am enjoying some rest and recovery for the rest of the week.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is very cool.

I am getting ready for a super hilly 100k in late April in Auburn, CA. The Canyons Endurance100
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
That is very cool.

I am getting ready for a super hilly 100k in late April in Auburn, CA. The Canyons Endurance100

Excellent! I hope you post a race report

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BlueStacks,Congrats on crossing 1,000 miles! Your results are an amazing achievement in planning, patience and persistence, on top of the physical and mental achievements while running.

I also found the Challenge uplifting and the support of everyone here motivational. I signed up to a month long swim challenge for charity in Feb, which was on the back burner while I finished the run challenge, so I had 12,000 metres to swim in 6 days. Swam 2 days of 2,000m, and then did 2 x 30" indoor rides yesterday, so now it's 8,000 to go in the next 3 days!

1st tri in ages coming up on March 6 (900m/25km/6km) and again on April 3 (standard sprint distance).

Rest and recover well, and I look forward to your race report in April!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [tribern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that the thread has been un-pinned, and will slowly sink to the bottom of Page 1, then to the Back Pages & Archives forever, I want to again congratulate ALL our Runners!!!

Have a great Spring and Summer season!!! See you all again in the Fall!!!

... And bring a friend, or two

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Now that the thread has been un-pinned, and will slowly sink to the bottom of Page 1, then to the Back Pages & Archives forever, I want to again congratulate ALL our Runners!!!

Have a great Spring and Summer season!!! See you all again in the Fall!!!

... And bring a friend, or two

Back at you Randmart! Final update on my other personal Challenge. My son and I entered a swim challenge to swim at least 14,000 in February to raise money for a charity that helps sick kids and their families. We achieved our goals, both distance and nominated fundraising target yesterday. I swam the 14,000 in 6 sessions, and felt fortunate to get it done in the end, as our part of the world has been inundated with rain and for the last 3 days of last week, roads and most businesses and facilities were closed due to flooding.

The equinox marks the first day of Autumn here (though the leaves don't "fall" as spectacularly ) so we have 3 weeks left of Summer, which I plan to make the most of. Enjoy the warmer weather and longer days! See you next Spring! :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have found myself already getting lazy and not staying on my 100/100 run maintenance routine. During 100/100, I would do short 5-10 min jogs several time per day around swims, bikes, skis or better meetings or at night as part of a weight training circuit to get to my 30 min minimum. Suddenly I had 1.5 hrs less of running last week because I "bailed on the plan". Time to get back on it!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Today will be the 5th Annual President's Day 5K [5K on a road course which must include a street named after a US President*], ...

I was reading some old dailies, and I discovered that when I first devised the President's Day 5K, there were Bonus Points involved

Quote:
Bonus Points would be Awarded by this ranking of Presidents

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/...-statistically/?_r=0

In other words: The suckier the President, the higher you score

I got Grant [23] AND Harrison... but WHICH Harrison? William Henry served only a month, so his ranking [40] is rather unfortunate, so I went with Benjamin, who isn't really that much higher [34] for a total of 57 points

Goddamn, I'm clever LOL

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just coming back here to say thank you for the ST community. Last year used this challenge to return running and build The base milage to run my first marathon. Did 90/100 in the challenge and then started Pfitz specific 18/55 marathon program.

Yesterday ran The Rio Marathon achieving the stretched goal of a sub3 with 2:59:39.

I dont think I would have done it if I hadnt started it back in november. Thanks again and now back to tri!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Jonny89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonny89 wrote:
Just coming back here to say thank you for the ST community. Last year used this challenge to return running and build The base milage to run my first marathon. Did 90/100 in the challenge and then started Pfitz specific 18/55 marathon program.

Yesterday ran The Rio Marathon achieving the stretched goal of a sub3 with 2:59:39.

I dont think I would have done it if I hadnt started it back in november. Thanks again and now back to tri!

Congrats, I think i had my marathon PB off a similar schedule of 100 challenge and one of Pfitz's training programs.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Jonny89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic! Congratulations ... that's smokin' fast!
Quote Reply

Prev Next