Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Flemish Arrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since I don't maintain a blog anymore, ST is as close as I get LOL

Words [stories & memories] go here
Artworks & photos [and comments/captions, thereof] on IG

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day 18, morning, nice little path next to the Sweetwater River, Rancho San Diego.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Flemish Arrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I ran out of "mental steam" yesterday and fell behind. I logged my first goose egg day. I had a window of opportunity to do an 80 min workout at the pool complex. it was 3C and pissiing rain and I did not have full "rain kit". My plan of running before and after swimming in my street clothes was not going to work because shortly after that I had to speak "on stage" at an industry event and thus had to look somewhat like an executive (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean but society has some expectation that i don't show up to speak in wet lycra either). Sadly I conformed with societal expectations rather than doing abnormal things that most people don't do.

So I just swam for 80 min.

In the evening I took a work colleague to all you can eat Indian food and had grandiose plans to do a 30 min treadmill run before bed, but got sidetracked with work emails and suddenly lifted my head at 11:30 pm about to pass out and realized that I JUST DID NOT FEEL LIKE CHASINNG THE SPREADSHEET.

Went up and went to bed. I probably needed the mental break from running and should be able to catch up
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Little Victories, Anna!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good job on getting 30 min in.

I have gotten both. People in the biz world see me in workout cloths and are confused and on the other hand my network in the sports world has never seen me in normal adult clothing. It gets worse when they see you effectively naked in jammers and goggles at the pool only and then suddenly see you actually dressed up. The other day I saw an employee's pic in the gym and did not know this guy was a pretty jacked up weight lifting guy as he always wears really baggy clothing and literally looks kinda overweight in normal human clothing!!!

Today it was sunny cold (minus 7 C) and got the 30 min run + 80 min swim done. Weights and maybe a 10 min jog tonight. Getting a Wahoo Kickr trainer in the next few days and plan to add some biking into the mix soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a severe head cold the first two weeks. I ran through it. It was not fun. Opening the garage door and breathing the cold air was helpful, but it was a miserable two weeks.

I've had irritation on my right cuboid from a marathon and then continued over use. Two years ago when I did this challenge, I ran with a home-made padded donut that I inserted into my sock to keep pressure off the bone. Since I was running throughout the day so much, my kids helped me make about 10 of them so I always had one handy. Funny thing is, about a month ago I found them while cleaning up my gear and thought to myself that I will never need these again, and I threw them out. I remade a bunch out of pool noodles and have been using those on every run. Lesson learned... the pool noodle texture is like sand paper. Adrenaline is a mf. After losing a lot of skin, I started taping the area first to protect it from the rubbing.

I've has some minor achilles tendinitis on my left side, but I have been icing and elevating. I am starting to get into a groove where I think both mentally and physically I can cruise along the next few weeks, but I guess anything can change. I am just hoping for good health moving forward.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Yesterday was run at Lake Murray, California
morning with the wiffer. A very foggy morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today, in Philadelphia, the 9th Annual Rocky 50K

https://twitter.com/...843941131767816?s=21

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...andymar%5D_P4889446/

I've been following this event since it's inception; I'll participate next year, I can - almost - promise

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [coyote pelon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coyote pelon wrote:
Day 18, morning, nice little path next to the Sweetwater River, Rancho San Diego.

Wow, that looks so nice!

I had my booster shot on Thursday & skipped running yesterday because I felt kind of crummy. I think a nice trail like yours could get me outside today. I might check out Lake Hodges this morning. Yay for trails!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

CallMeMaybe wrote:
coyote pelon wrote:

Wow, that looks so nice!

I had my booster shot on Thursday & skipped running yesterday because I felt kind of crummy. I think a nice trail like yours could get me outside today. I might check out Lake Hodges this morning. Yay for trails!

630 am saturday is a group trail run there "ultrabuds"
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... sounds bad, but then again, you're the person who has already run 57 times (could be more by the time I write this) in 19-20 days (and with 3x my distance in only 2x my time).

Take care of yourself!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev, today I did my only conscious spreadsheet chase in any of these challenges...ran 14k with my normal Sunday group then after I drove home my daughter who is visiting from Calgary said she wanted to go for a run with me...I made her wait 15 min so I would have an hour between them and then we did 5k so I now have an extra one in the bank for a day where I hit the all you can eat buffet!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Decided to do something a little different this morning and see what the gym rats are up to at 10AM on a Sunday morning

Fun crowd

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello from Paris (France),

Happy and motivated to be part of this challenge.

A quick "technical" question: I m using strava synchronization. It seems when I do 2 runs the same day shorter than 30min each but with a total greater than 30min or 3 miles, it is not taken into account.
Do I need to replace these 2 runs manually by a single run with the total duration/distance?

Thanks 😊

JF
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [jfhtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jfhtri wrote:
Hello from Paris (France),

Happy and motivated to be part of this challenge.

A quick "technical" question: I m using strava synchronization. It seems when I do 2 runs the same day shorter than 30min each but with a total greater than 30min or 3 miles, it is not taken into account.
Do I need to replace these 2 runs manually by a single run with the total duration/distance?

Thanks 😊

JF

Yep, just manually enter a single activity with the total duration and distance of both runs to make the automated system count it as a run. Keep up the great work!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [PaulDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PaulDavis wrote:
Carried an old phone on this evening's 3.5 mile loop.
Great pics!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 1/5th of the way 5K benchmark today - 21:13.

I've never come close to averaging 21mi/wk for 3 months, so I'm excited to see if I can keep it up, and if it will help me get back to that 20min 5k mark.

No snow in southern New England yet, but I'm already loving having my Sole F80 in the basement for those quick lunch time WFH runs.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [scenicRoute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice job on the fast 5k! If you can run that quickly now, you’ll certainly reach your goal soon.

When I came home from a day filled with Zoom conferences, I didn’t really want to head back out to go for a run.
But, as usual, I just put my running shoes on, put on some bright clothing, and hit the pavement.

I was a little sore the whole day from a long, cold, snowy ride in the hills (on my MTB bike) yesterday, so I wasn’t expecting much. But I guess all that sitting made me anxious to get out all the pent-up energy.

That’s what I like about this challenge. If you get outside—even when it’s dark and cold out, you feel better afterwards.
Ciao
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Video clip of a wildlife sighting on today’s run through an overgrown lot by the interstate highway…

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today was not a day I felt like running. People talk about de-stressing through exercise, I am the opposite, when I have a hard day it’s a massive struggle for me to train. Especially when it’s dark and cold.

That said, there’s always “something” about running at night that is rewarding.

Now I just wish I wasn’t so slow - I know that’s not the point of this challenge, but the feeling remains ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [scenicRoute] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
25th run or 1/4 completed today! On a sunny day in Switzerland in the 30ies (F).

This is quite some journey. I take all these activities as an occasion for some proper heatmapping discovering new roads in my area.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Feehliks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
0degC warm and dry on Sunday's run this week.

Quote Reply

Prev Next