Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that we are on day 91, I couldn't help myself:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Monthly 5k check in.

nov 15: 3.11 mi @ 6:22 mi /pace
dec 28: 3.17 mi @ 6:20 mi/pace (course 50-100m longer depending whose gps)
jan 22: 3.10 mi @ 6:25 pace
feb 8: 3.14 @ 6:20 pace
feb 13: 3.01 6:36 pace

went for a st 100/100 PR today since the end is near, but a disaster of a fail. 9 min into i got an asthma attack, thought i could fight it off but just kept losing speed. rest of the day felt like I inhaled burning embers of a burning saw dust cloud.

Mirinda Carfrae was at the race, 17:41 2nd OA (1st female)
Last edited by: synthetic: Feb 13, 22 17:26
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
synthetic wrote:
Monthly 5k check in.

nov 15: 3.11 mi @ 6:22 mi /pace
dec 28: 3.17 mi @ 6:20 mi/pace (course 50-100m longer depending whose gps)
jan 22: 3.10 mi @ 6:25 pace
feb 8: 3.14 @ 6:20 pace
feb 13: 3.01 6:36 pace

went for a st 100/100 PR today since the end is near, but a disaster of a fail. 9 min into i got an asthma attack, thought i could fight it off but just kept losing speed. rest of the day felt like I inhaled burning embers of a burning saw dust cloud.

Mirinda Carfrae was at the race, 17:41 2nd OA (1st female)

How come Rinny is not in 100/100

Happy Valentines day to all

I doubled up today and it looks like I am one run ahead of pace. Likely scenario is I will not run on Saturday and Sunday as I have a 50km XC ski race on Sunday. Then Monday I can jog easy and by Tuesday I hope I can "pour it on" and double up and maybe even get to my 'new goal of 700km off 100 runs'. Original plan was 800km off however many runs and I got sidetracked with swim, XC ski and bike so ran a bit less. But I got my 25x400IM 10km swim in and a swim meet in December, and been building up the XC skiing for the 50km XC ski race (I should get close to 1000km XC skiing by end of Feb too).

It has been a good winter of training. I should be ready for Hawaii 70.3 in June!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way, I did not do a 5km "race" thru the challenge. I lost motivation for running hard since I was doing other sports hard. At this point I have run out of time with a 50km XC ski race on Sunday....running a hard 5km MAY be an option on Tuesday depending on how I recover. I doubt I can break 24 minutes
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

why not any pro for that matter? mainly secretive training, to busy with social media stuffs. would be nice if they did
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [henkedejk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Baselinerun Nov 15th was 5:59 min / km at HRM 130
Test #2 Dec 15th was 5:45 min / km at HRM 130
Test #3 Jan 14th was 5:43 min / km at HRM 130
Test #4 Feb 15th was 5:15 min / km at HRM 130

Happy with that progress and the development this year.

Will make myself a challenge to run 35km+ per week all year (this is about what I have run each week of the challenge). But not necesarily run each day. Well see where the next challenge begins then.

Will be finishing the challenge on Saturday with 100 runs in the bank, of which 3 days are double-runs (going skiing after that).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev,

Well, there is only so much hard racing and training one can do, so I really wouldn’t give much thought to it right now. Perhaps in a couple weeks you can put down a race effort.

I can’t believe the Challenge is almost over. I remember passing the 50 mark thinking, “Oh man, I’ve basically got to do the same effort again!” The rest just flew by—though the heavy workload (at work) might have contributed to the sense of time flying by.

Overall, I’m feeling pretty good. I took a completely different approach to the Challenge this year, and it seems to have paid off. Depending on how I feel on the last day of the Challenge, I might just do an all-out 5K to see if I can still go under 20:00.

We will see.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Flemish Arrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven’t done any racing either. It hasn’t really come back around here yet…just virtual races, social distance races, etc. I just got back on track to get 100, but now I have a feeling I may miss a run this weekend due to traveling, company coming in, etc. Dang.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I failed at my goal of adding weight lifting to my daily routine. I did manage to get my home office cleaned up, a mat down, and weight bench in the center of the small room. I have mostly been tripping over it the past couple months. My kids like to lay on it so I guess it does get use. Doing the max runs as fast as possible has been a huge success. My fitness has never been better. Now that my injury is long behind me and I have solid base miles, I am looking forward to getting back into ultra running this spring. I finally synced a bunch of runs just now and threw some math around. It looks like if I finish the last 4 days with all 10ks instead of 5ks, I'll hit 1,000. Sounds stupid enough to try.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regarding reaching 1000, if it won’t cause you injury, then I’d say go for it. I’ve tried to keep away from chasing numbers this Challenge (and year), but if I was that close, I think I would do it.

Furthermore, good luck with your re-entry into ultra running!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [Flemish Arrow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flemish Arrow wrote:
Hey Dev,

Well, there is only so much hard racing and training one can do, so I really wouldn’t give much thought to it right now. Perhaps in a couple weeks you can put down a race effort.

I can’t believe the Challenge is almost over. I remember passing the 50 mark thinking, “Oh man, I’ve basically got to do the same effort again!” The rest just flew by—though the heavy workload (at work) might have contributed to the sense of time flying by.

Overall, I’m feeling pretty good. I took a completely different approach to the Challenge this year, and it seems to have paid off. Depending on how I feel on the last day of the Challenge, I might just do an all-out 5K to see if I can still go under 20:00.

We will see.

I have three runs left in three days. The last 1.5 months, I would say that running has both been a pain and a blessing at the same time. Some days with work its been the last thing I want to do as work pressure was high and both XC skiing and swimming really feel enjoyable, and with my running no longer smooth, it is more "exercise" vs joy. Having said that, a few years ago I could not even run, so here I am complaining about having to run due to the challenge.

It is amazing how much mileage I knocked off (well I should close in at 700km on Tuesday, not that it is a lot, but its good mileage for someone who was treating running at 5th priority of the day behind family/swim/ski/work/run in that order (take care of family and myself first, then take care of work then take care of running). I would count swim and XC skiing as taking care of me from an emotional and mental health angle. I would classify running as exercising for sport, but I no longer run with the smoothness that my mind feels liberated after a run because each step is hard. This was probably my hardest 100/100 in terms of staying focused on getting it done. As an example yesterday I got to pool and crammed 10 min of jogging in around parking lot, swam, after swimming had time for a bit of running before getting back to office for a work meeting. Then I got home at 8 pm and it was dark and minus 16C and I was in my parka but had jeans and running shoes on, so just ran up and down my street for 15 minutes more before coming into the house. With no 100/100 I would have done zero running yesterday. I have lost track of how many days I did things like like to just accrue 30 min or more daily!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it was me in your position, 1,000 would be so satisfying. As Flemish Arrow said, if it won't injure you, do it!

Congrats on your Challenge so far!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finished my 50km xc ski race. 3:06. Crazy hard conditions 2800 ft climbing...minus 18C at start. Got 4th in my age group (missed podium by 21 second ls but could not close down gap) First time skate skiing a 50km in 9 years. That was tough.

Now three runs to go to get this 100/100 done. Today is a day off running. I think Tuesday will be a double.

Hopefully everyone is having a great final 3 days
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the delayed reply (travelling and so forth) but congrats on the top 4 finish! I wound up being able to treadmill run twice at the hotel to keep on pace while on travel, and today I doubled up back on my home course, so I think I'm one day ahead. Might skip tomorrow pending schedule...we'll see. I should be good for 100 though by Tuesday and maybe even get to 101.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Dev,
Fourth place—not bad at all. As a matter of fact, that’s pretty darn amazing, especially given a tough course and weather conditions.

I reached 100 runs yesterday, but my real goal is to finish the 100 days having run each day, so just two more to go. I didn’t have any significant travel to deal with (unlike many of you), which made things much easier logistically speaking.

Anyway, enjoy the last two days of the Challenge and stay healthy!

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

why not any pro for that matter? mainly secretive training, too busy with social media stuffs. would be nice if they did

There's no money in it --- for the agents/management

The athletes themselves would probably think it awesome; or maybe they'd get fed up with all the minutiae and quibbling about "what counts" and say 'fuck these people'

Who knows?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After reconciling the ST DB to my own workout log, I am at 82 runs, which is a new 100/100 PB [I did 81/100 a couple Summers ago]

Today will be the 5th Annual President's Day 5K [5K on a road course which must include a street named after a US President*], then tomorrow will be my usual Tuesday night treadmill/weight training session, so that will give me 84/100 when all is done - and my first ever Silver Medal

* I'm creating a new event for March 2nd, National Reading Day, along the same lines - a 5K or 10K, the Course MUST include a Library, a Bookstore [independent is highly preferred, but Barnes & Noble is OK], OR a Street named for an Author

And the street must REALLY be named for the Author - we have Coopers and Brownings all over here, but they are NOT James Fenimore Cooper nor Elizabeth Barret Browning; Whitman? Probably Walt, as he was from Camden [NJ]

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on the new 100/100 PB and a silver medal!!!

Heck, if all one needs is a street named after a US President, I could actually have done it. There is a street named after Kennedy in Frankfurt. I’ll have to remember to do it next year.

Ciao
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 100/100 Run Challenge (2021/22, the 15th annual) Discussion thread [tribern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Box ticked. I achieved my goal of running 50 times in 100 days.

I never doubted I'd get there but the last 2 and half weeks were the hardest to schedule runs, with 2 days travelling for work in each of the last 2 weeks, and my left knee blew up to twice the usual size from muscle imbalances and tightness. The days off running for work probably helped with that, but not as much as the remedial massage!

The 100/100 Challenge has been an exercise in habit-forming commitment, and I have benefited in many ways from participating. I plan to continue with the xx activities in xx days throughout this year, and look forward to this year's 100/100 Challenge (and maybe even earning a medal. 🤔)

Everyone that has committed to this at any level has inspired me. Thanks everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your 100/100PB and Silver Medal!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flemish Arrow wrote:

We will see.

Congratulations on your achievements this year! How did you go on your last run?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One day left and two runs to go to get to 100 runs. So looks like a morning run and a lunch time swim-run workout.

Looks like there are around 100-120 people who can hit 100
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flemish Arrow wrote:
Congratulations on the new 100/100 PB and a silver medal!!!

Heck, if all one needs is a street named after a US President, I could actually have done it. There is a street named after Kennedy in Frankfurt. I’ll have to remember to do it next year.

Ciao

Thanks!

I saw a tweet that called today "New Car Day" "New Appliance Day" or "New Mattress Day"

I may have to work those in for next year [time bonus if you see: an appliance or mattress being delivered; a car with a sales sticker still on it or brand new Dealer Plates]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done! I hit 100 today. I'll be on base tomorrow, and if it isn't a total rain out I'll finish this thing with a 5k run on the track for 101.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]

Prev Next