Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not knocking Spirig at all, I think she's one of the most talented triathletes we've ever seen, pretty much part time and if she medals in Tokyo it's hard to argue against her being the GOAT female SC Triathlete.

Always a big 'what if' she'd have gone up to LC and has a proper crack at that.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
It is a bit mental on how the medal hopes of so many probably all hang on Spirigs swim!

She certainly had an excellent swim in Rio. I'm expecting the same in Tokyo.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd expect the swim to be faster in Tokyo with Learmonth though? Probably make a difference (can't remember who was 1st out the water in Rio)

Edit (Was Routier I think Learmonth swims much faster) Spirig was only 11sec back.
Last edited by: Jackets: Jun 19, 21 11:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
I'd expect the swim to be faster in Tokyo with Learmonth though? Probably make a difference (can't remember who was 1st out the water in Rio)

Edit (Was Routier I think Learmonth swims much faster) Spirig was only 11sec back.

Good point. Too bad that Lucy won't be there to shake things up even more. I'm certain Lermonth would really appreciate a good bit of the load being taken off her shoulders.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spirit 4th only at Europeans, behind Perriault and Lindeman. Probably the super sprint format was not to her advantage.

Max Studer wins ahead of Serrat and Wilde (yeah not classified for the Europeans). If Tokyo is a big group at T2 watch out for Max!
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The difference between Rio & Tokyo is that in the wake of Rio, the women's swim game has stepped up big time, while before you would have a swim break with Flora, and then a couple of ladies who couldn't ride, those brits have since learned how to ride... Which means that it's not impossible for Spirig, but she'll need to swim well and do a monster effort on the bike. But regardless of the outcome, Spirig is a legend, and welcome for the Swiss to help them forget that other "gold medallist" that their chemists produced back in 2000...

Spirig did only manage 4th in the Europeans, although Kitz is a pretty unique race (300m Swim, 10.4km bike and 3.1km run), so somewhere between a sprint and a super sprint distance. Lindemann was a beast, as she tends to be in the super-sprint and sprint races (you could argue that she out Spirig'd Spirig on the bike and was the prime instigator). Studer is emerging as a Swiss threat on the men's side, and for the last couple of years always seems to be there or therabouts, and can be a contender if he catches the Norway train to the front... I get the sense that Wilde was training through that race, and it was a relatively last minute thing, since he needed an exemption to get on the start list (i.e. needed enough euro athletes to drop out so that he could take a spot without bumping a European athlete even though his ranking is higher), and wasn't racing for a continental title, and more just for a S-B-R race effort, since he wasn't able to get many starts in NZ over the last 18months. I suspect Serrat is trying to stay sharp, since he has to be next in line for the Spaniards if Mola, Alarza or Gomez get injured for Tokyo...
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surprise but not really (I had alluded to this possibility before in this thread), a political decision not based on results:

Selection for Switzerland doesn’t include Adrien Briffod. Very disappointing for an athlete who showed he was clearly more deserving of selection!
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fairly big news that a Gold medal hopeful's coach has been suspended.
I realize he hasn't been named, but Fuck Jono Hall. He's a piece of shit.

It seems very unclear if he is still allowed to coach at this point.

The TriCan HP director and the swim coach in Vic are also complicit and terrible.

https://www.triathloncanada.com/triathlon-canada-safesport-update/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oprfcc wrote:

The TriCan HP director and the swim coach in Vic are also complicit and terrible.

That’s fitting: the same day that Swiss Triathlon choose a Brett Sutton athlete over a more deserving non Brett Sutton athlete!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oprfcc wrote:

Do we know it's Jonno Hall? Where are ppl getting more info? It sounds like the disciplinary action has been served and back to normal to me. Am I misinterpreting the statement?
Last edited by: chrisb12: Jun 25, 21 19:01
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know for a fact Jono is a terrible human being. Anyone who says otherwise has been brainwashed by him.
There isn't enough space to type out all the bad things he does.
So, yes, I'm making some (minor) assumptions as to who specifically. But it needs to be stated sooner than later that he should never work in the sport again. I'm 99.9% sure it's Jono.

It could be the swim coach in Vic, or the HP director who has very openly allowed this to all go on. Their offenses are certainly bad and fireable, but I highly doubt World Triathlon would get involved for them specifically.

Until people involved in the investigation say more publicly, I won't say anything specific.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does Safesport Canada not publish a sanctions list? I can't find anything.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The person wasn’t sanctioned per se! I believe the person was allegedly required to complete some additional safe keeping training.

I think it is disgusting that publicly funded NGBs get to do the investigation and punishment without having to go independent and open.

It isn’t just Canada. Why did Joel Filleol suddenly leave British Tri? Why did Jamie Turner suddenly leave Tri Australia?

And that is just recent triathlon. Don’t even get me going about swimming.
Last edited by: SheTries: Jun 26, 21 0:14
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [SheTries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheTries wrote:
The person wasn’t sanctioned per se! I believe the person was allegedly required to complete some additional safe keeping training.

I think it is disgusting that publicly funded NGBs get to do the investigation and punishment without having to go independent and open.

It isn’t just Canada. Why did Joel Filleol suddenly leave British Tri? Why did Jamie Turner suddenly leave Tri Australia?

What did Joel or Jamie do?
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
SheTries wrote:

Well neither was ever made public so you could repeat what everyone involved is saying but without the report it is just hearsay.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That leaves triathlon Canada in a very bad place. We are only telling you when the sanction is over, and we are not telling you who it was what he did and for how long the ban was. So you might have been training with this guy or girl privately without knowing he had been punished for certain wrong doing. This just stinks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SheTries wrote:
Adman wrote:
SheTries wrote:

Well neither was ever made public so you could repeat what everyone involved is saying but without the report it is just hearsay.

Weird I have never heard anything about Joel and he lived in my city for a while. Always got good reports.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think Joel left for any reason other than he didn't want to be in that job working for GB. He hadn't done anything wrong other than leave.
Jamie Turner, that's a whole other story, he was sacked.
Last edited by: chrisb12: Jun 26, 21 7:31
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt Sharpe has posted on SM saying he is the athlete making the complaint.

He also says it was World Triathlon who contacted him.

https://twitter.com/...542598587842562?s=21
Last edited by: SheTries: Jun 26, 21 7:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
I don't think Joel left for any reason other than he didn't want to be in that job working for GB. He hadn't done anything wrong other than leave.

Really? In the run up to a home Olympics where a gold medal was all but guaranteed?

He was popular with the squads and had built up a very good rapport. He had earned the respect required to be successful, so to leave like that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe he didn't like some of the things that were happening around him so wanted out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
Maybe he didn't like some of the things that were happening around him so wanted out.

The information is out there you just need to let it in.
Last edited by: SheTries: Jun 26, 21 8:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha, sounds like SheTries is the QANON of ITU triathlon...!!!

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you please share our point to that information? There's no way we can let it in if we don't know what it is ;-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next