Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r0bh wrote:
Just been called as Varga on the BBC coverage. DQ.

Yip pretty blatant. They need to get him out of the race and the front group.

Nice aero position from AB.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Position A for Yee.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [TRO Saracen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still a bit to go in the bike, but Yee has not put a foot wrong so far. Also interesting Yee was sick in Yoko.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't hang yourself out to dry Martin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gomez got hit by a cone huh?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [5430tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5430tri wrote:
3. The Brits - With 2 of their three pre-selected women either sick or injured (Vicky Holland and Georgia Taylor-Brown), you have to wonder about the true value of such early selection procedures by British Triathlon. But, you don't have to wonder about their crazy strength on the women's side looking forward to Paris 2024.

I'm not sure what a perfect selection process would look like. I doubt there is one. A virtue of this way is that athletes that get selected early are then able to peak for the Olympic race rather than peak for a selection race weeks before the Olympic race. I don't know what the situation is with Vicky or Georgia but could it be that they have the luxury of resting a niggle as a precaution? Something they would of been forced to risk if they weren't already selected? For instance Jess might of chosen to sit this one out and then we might be questioning her early selection but she didn't and she deserves her place regardless of what she chose to do.

Part of the selection is late and will be finalised in 2 days so it's kind of a hybrid selection process.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So does USAT select Spivey today or do they force Spivey and Zafares to race Huatulco?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ali looks buggered.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Ali looks buggered.

Yip I'm afraid along with Mo Farah, he ain't going to Tokyo unless something happens to Yee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
knighty76 wrote:
Ali looks buggered.

Yip I'm afraid along with Mo Farah, he ain't going to Tokyo unless something happens to Yee.

Plus the whole Tom Bishop/3rd spot thing. But that is so complex I think we're all not talking about it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yee can flat out fly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huge statement early by Yee - he looks fantastic. Pearson will be there at the end. Alistair DQ'd for unsportsmanship in the swim??? WOW! Bishop's not going to do what he needed. Lots of drama.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5430tri wrote:
Huge statement early by Yee - he looks fantastic. Pearson will be there at the end. Alistair DQ'd for unsportsmanship in the swim??? WOW! Bishop's not going to do what he needed. Lots of drama.

I noticed Alistair dunk someone earlier in the swim maybe lap one. It was the other boy in the purple cap. He has done skull duggery like this before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I noticed the dunk in the swim too. AB bang to rights there. Don't see how they could pick him over Yee now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yee looks like he’s wearing flats rather than super shoes, no?
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wondering that myself. He's a NB athlete but don't know what he's in today.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r0bh wrote:
Yeah I noticed the dunk in the swim too. AB bang to rights there. Don't see how they could pick him over Yee now.

Honestly there will be no justification. No doubt some sort of mental gymnastics is being undertaken as we speak.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Loving the BBC commentators attempting to excuse it, “Alistair Brownlee’s right hand has fallen on the shoulder of the other swimmer” “oh, looks like
Chase McQueen seeking to cut across him... it’s the first time he’s raced at the elite level” obviously McQueen should have known that he shouldn’t try to go faster than Brownlee, then “no one sets out to do that ... but it does look bad on camera”.

Bloody hell, it is not even like it was around a buoy.

Can’t wait to see the post race questions...

Christ, they are keeping on with this, “Alistair Brownlee DQ’d for something that happened over an hour and a half ago in the lake”.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yee’s performance is like peak Gwen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Morgan second. Boom!
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
MI_Mumps wrote:
Commonwealth Games are still 2022, right? I do wonder about Kona this year. That ITU window is small.

Yer'aving a larf, right!
What do you wonder about Kona? Why is the ITU window "small"? Look at the successful older athletes racing the standard distance.
The jeopardy for her will be being distracted by this short stuff: winning Kona will remain her primary goal (I reckon). The challenge will be integrating the different training demands complicated by more frequent races (and the associated travel/logistics).
She's still young; and the young can (and want to) have it all.

Maybe. We’ll see. I don’t think You can do both well at the same time. Or at least in the WTS era. She could do fine at ITU on mainly IM training, but I don’t know about making the Olympics for GB.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Morgan second. Boom!

He is a threat. USAT’s evil master plan to release COVID and delay the Olympics is paying off!

Well, not for Katie, unfortunately.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
altayloraus wrote:
Loving the BBC commentators attempting to excuse it, “Alistair Brownlee’s right hand has fallen on the shoulder of the other swimmer” “oh, looks like
Chase McQueen seeking to cut across him... it’s the first time he’s raced at the elite level” obviously McQueen should have known that he shouldn’t try to go faster than Brownlee, then “no one sets out to do that ... but it does look bad on camera”.

Bloody hell, it is not even like it was around a buoy.

Can’t wait to see the post race questions...

Christ, they are keeping on with this, “Alistair Brownlee DQ’d for something that happened over an hour and a half ago in the lake”.

BBC can be a bit of a disgrace sometimes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought Australian TV was parochial...

I should know, I’ve been here long enough.

But I managed to not be here for London and Rio...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's hilarious. Alex Yee no doubt incredible, but the conditions in Tokyo will be dramatically different: super hot and humid and a far less difficult bike course. With Royle and Silva getting points today, and Grajales predictably doing well next week, Eli Hemming will need an extremely strong performance next week in Huatulco to hold the 3 men's spots for the USA. Bishop did fine, but would also need an epic race next week to get GB 3 men's spots. The Road to Tokyo is certainly heating up with much interest and drama.
Quote Reply

Prev Next