Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [SheTries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheTries wrote:
I don’t think Duffy will come out behind, I think she will exit swim with Coldwell and Learmouth. I can see LCB breaking away with one of the mega swimmers.

Learmouth and Coldwell are the mega swimmers in women's ITU, Learmonth leads any swim she's in.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LCB drilling it. Streeeeeeeeeetch.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [SheTries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watching Charles drilling the swim and creating some serious gaps. When was the last time a long course athlete put ITU athletes under any kind of pressure at the standard distance?
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Engner66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very impressive so far.

Love to see the gaps on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, can't believe how quickly Learmonth, Coldwell and Kingma gapped the other 3.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Wow, can't believe how quickly Learmonth, Coldwell and Kingma gapped the other 3.

How far ahead was LCB on the swim and what happened in transition?
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

How far ahead was LCB on the swim and what happened in transition?

41 secs on swim. Lost a bit on the run to transition then gapped by Learmouth, Kingma and Caldwell on first hill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crazy she couldn't keep up in the blow-dry! /s
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [andy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LCB is burning too many matches in that group. Not unexpected given her inexperience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
However Duffy bridging up is gonna help things for her. Could get a little smoother.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
However Duffy bridging up is gonna help things for her. Could get a little smoother.

If she doesn't drop them!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taylor is really looking like the choice.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [andy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, she lost 30 seconds on the first hill, didn't expect that. It kind of seems as if she struggles to stay on the wheels when Duffy is pulling. Exciting race so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
LCB is burning too many matches in that group. Not unexpected given her inexperience.

Looks like just a matter of time before she is dropped..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Adman wrote:

She is dangling precariously just now. Possibly the next lap on the uphill to the dead turn. Flora was generous on this lap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Adman wrote:

If she doesn't drop them!

Right on cue!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adman wrote:
knighty76 wrote:
Adman wrote:

She is dangling precariously just now. Possibly the next lap on the uphill to the dead turn. Flora was generous on this lap.

I tend to agree. Lucy is doing better than I had expected.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would have never guessed that Duffy is a stronger cyclist than Charles. Kind of ironic, that it if wasn't a draft legal bike, the long course athlete would have been dropped by the short course cyclist. On the other hand, if it wasn't for swim draft maybe the long course swimmer would have opened a gap to the short course swimmers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:
Would have never guessed that Duffy is a stronger cyclist than Charles. Kind of ironic, that it if wasn't a draft legal bike, the long course athlete would have been dropped by the short course cyclist. On the other hand, if it wasn't for swim draft maybe the long course swimmer would have opened a gap to the short course swimmers.

It's a different kind of strong. W/kg rather than W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously impressed with LCB cycling strength and how she is contributing to the pack when she can. Obviously, challenging on the technical sections and having to work extra hard out of every corner, but really showing her prowess. Riding with Flora, Taylor and Vittoria is incredible. Guessing it will show itself on the run, just how much she worked on the bike. REALLY feel for Katie Z. Taylor is making a clear statement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Engner66 wrote:

of course this isnt to ironic its just a different game. and i guess you remember the worlds in nice where charles was picked up relatively early by the group behind her.
watts per kilo and being good at exhalerations and trained pack cyclist vs high watt athlete not trained on group rides and not the best in climbing in long course.
i think she is doing very well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Adman wrote:

Relative to slowtwitch expectation she's taking a sledgehammer to y'alls faces. Not expecting her to win, had no idea how this would go, only that she wouldn't get embarrassed.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm impressed with LCB. Keep thinking she'll get dropped, gaps appearing when the course gets technical, but she is holding on with pure strength. Hope she has some run legs after this!

Got to fancy Sophie for the win now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
knighty76 wrote:
Adman wrote:

Relative to slowtwitch expectation she's taking a sledgehammer to y'alls faces. Not expecting her to win, had no idea how this would go, only that she wouldn't get embarrassed.

Not my face mate, fancied her (and still do) for top 10 which would be one hell of a result in your first ITU race. I'll admit though I've kept thinking she was dropped, only to see her pull up again. Some strength.

She has some potential in this sport ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official ITU discussion thread... [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
knighty76 wrote:
Adman wrote:

I am stoked for her. I hope she comes back for more.
Quote Reply

Prev Next