Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent thanks Gman and Carl.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl

Thanks for that. Picked the bike up last week and all is great so far.

I am looking to change the brake pads and was wondering if you could confirm the type that I would need to get. I am thinking of getting the same Swissstop Yellow as per old bike, but they do sram/shimano and other versions. Which should I get for the 9?

Cheers

Chris

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you'd want the SRAM/Shimano version...not Campy.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl- Thanks for all your help on the board. Question about the difference between the SC 7.5 and 9 series seatpost . I know the 7 series is alu and the 9 is carbon, but are the internals the same, ie, the di2 battery mount?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're very welcome.

Only the carbon post has the mounting provisions for our internal battery bracket.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the website might need updating. Thanks again for the clarification.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Nick_Barkley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Unless it is structural part or for storage is not the fairing under the bottom bracket illegal with USAT?

Last edited by: Bmanners: Feb 18, 14 13:22
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's as legal as the P5/Magura front brake cover fairings...which is to say, like Cervelo, we asked.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl (or anyone else who may be in the know),

Where can I find a service manual for a 2014 SC9.5? I can see the 2011 service manual on the Trek site, but nothing regarding the new bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [KoopaTroopa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
right here

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl - I'm trying to adjust my fit on my 2014 and it seems that the pivot cradle is affixed to the mono extension. I pressed fairly hard on it and it's not moving. Is this typical or am I missing something here?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [vicmasters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try checking for these two things first.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Feb 19, 14 14:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, but I did try that - I pulled the set screw completely out and freed up some housing (Di2) and it's still frozen in place. I'm happy to lube it in some fashion, but wanted to check first.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [vicmasters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK...wanted to make sure we ran down the easy ones first :-)

Take a look at the lower surface of the mono, particularly the edges of the slot. They should have a radius to them...if they're squared off they may grab that centering detail on the pivot cradle. A light touch with some sandpaper should do the trick to round them off and get things moving again...just check as you go to see when things are freed.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same thing happened on my 7.5. When I disassembled it is when I discovered my LBS had not taken the window out of the wire covering and the wires were pinched, which we talked about in an earlier post. I filed and sanded some, but it was still a very tight fit and would not slide at all. I ended up getting it set by just moving the block and tightening everything back down and it seems good now. I thought the mono bar should move easily for adjustment and after reading this I guess it should. Not going to worry about it as I should not have to adjust it again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl-

I think this has been asked before, but I didn't want to read through everything again...sorry!

Is the front-end of the 7.0 upgradeable to the integrated front-end of the 7.5? If not, do expect that there will ever be an aftermarket option to do so?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [rowotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi there-

It's upgradeable, and there's even a form for that on the Trek dealers ordering system (Dexter).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [efntm1432] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efntm1432 wrote:
I was just at the trek store and they told me if I wanted to travel with the bike I would be out of luck with the trek. He did say it would be ok if I used a transport co. But that would only be avail for big races not smaller races like b2b

And I can answer for Carl here cuz recently I travelled with my new SC in my BikeBoxAlan.

I dismantled the whole cockpit and brake cables. All I removed were only a few bolts and the job was made even easier with Di2. I did take a bit more time assembling because I wana be dead sure that everything is running smoothly on race day.[/url][/img]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl!

If I talk to my dealer, will that part be obvious for them to find? Can you share the cost for these parts?

Does that module rest on top of the existing fork/steerer, or does the entire front end get replaced?

Does the upgrade make the front-end identical to a 7.5?

Thanks again-I really appreciate it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My pleasure.

It's not a single part, it's a form which lets you choose the stem, mono shape, etc. Basically, you're replacing the bar and stem hardware from the fork upwards. I was able to find it by searching Dexter on "Speed Concept Upgrade". Your dealer is the best source for pricing.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks again.

Does that upgrade make the front-end of the 7.0 identical to the 7.5?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
... it's a form which lets you choose the stem, mono shape, etc. Basically, you're replacing the bar and stem hardware from the fork upwards.

so, whether or not you end up exactly like a stock 7.5 is up to you.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got it out. The sticking point was the tab of the cradle that sits up into the cut-out of the extension. I had to forcefully (but gently) tap it out from there. I sanded down the tab ever so slightly and now it moves, if reluctantly. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [mangkali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
read your blog about iron project. inspiring bro. triathlete in SG also. awesome looking bike :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next