Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
nothing to report, sorry. saw a picture or two (someone else's camera phone) from Kona where creative DIYers mounted a standard cage using one of the holes intended for the cage bracket and then ziptied the other end.

I tried doing something with a cage and zipties and it didn't work well. Too loose and nowhere near level. I'll try again.

Otherwise, I'll have to use the frame cages which will introduce a tremendous amount of drag and cause me to ride 37 seconds slower.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in the process of finalizing my order of a SC9 P1 and was wondering if there is a matte black color, like the one in Vapor Coat, that can be chosen in the Solid Team Logo paint scheme?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dexter shows 12/9/2013 as ETA for the Bontrager SC WB Cage for $90 MSRP. It looks like a nice cage, i would suggest waiting as it has the metal brackets that will clear over your base bar and screw into the two holes on your mono extension. I am just running a cheap round cage on the downtube for now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
if you're running your rotors in your existing SC, then they're the Shimano-compatible version and they take Shimano bearings. from your Trek dealer:

411813 ceramic
404699 steel

Thanks Carl,my UCI legal frame arrived yesterday in my lbs and I'm collecting it today so busy weekend ahead building it,arrived 2weeks faster than was planed so very happy,it arrived with a bb fitted,will these just tap out like my old sc bb ?

Cheers Noel,
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes , but if they are Shimano bearings you wouldn't need to ...you could just drop your rotor crank right in.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [roa11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The matte portion of a Vapor Coat paint job is unique to that process. That said, part of the P1 ordering process is a consultation with your dealer, and at that time you could add a request like this to your order and see what the response is.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
yes , but if they are Shimano bearings you wouldn't need to ...you could just drop your rotor crank right in.

Ill need to remove the bb to fit the di2 cables,I picked up the frame set today,its some bit of kit,just opened up the boxes to make sure all the bits are there,I don't see the rubber bumps for the bars and the lid for the draft box and the part to fit the draft box to the frame,would these parts have came in another box,my lbs said there not in his shop,I got 2 boxes with the frame should there have been 3 boxes ?

Cheers Noel,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the bar bumps should be packaged with the armpads.

I don't know how many accessory boxes ship with framesets...your dealer should know, or should contact their rep about it. same for the draftbox lid, assuming you don't find it while pulling everything else out of their bags & boxes. as for the draftbox mounting rail, I know on development samples they were shipped to us with the rail "installed" on the box itself.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
the bar bumps should be packaged with the armpads.

I don't know how many accessory boxes ship with framesets...your dealer should know, or should contact their rep about it. same for the draftbox lid, assuming you don't find it while pulling everything else out of their bags & boxes. as for the draftbox mounting rail, I know on development samples they were shipped to us with the rail "installed" on the box itself.

I found the rubber bumps with the pads,I think I seen you posting a dexter link to the Tec spec for the 9.9 but I can't find it now,I have to call back to my lbs later today and just want to make sure I have all the other bits before I go back to him,it look's like I'm missing a hex head bold to hold down the mono extension's also,there only small things,very happy with the frame,I went for the UCI legal frame and I want to order the speed fin for it now also,I went for the standard black paint,is there a part no for each colour for the speed fin ?

Thanks again,Noel,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
speed fin is w326750, and it only comes in black when purchased separately.

the service manual can be found here.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
speed fin is w326750, and it only comes in black when purchased separately.

the service manual can be found here.

Thanks Carl,that service manual should cover everything i'll need to know about the SC,thanks for all the info on this,

Cheers Noel,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

All ready to build up my SC 9.9,just waiting on some bits to land that were missing when I opened up the box and went over all the parts that should have been in the box,I am missing 1 x wing bar fixing bolts and the 4 x pad holder bolts,also the lid and mounting rail and bolts for draft box,super happy with the frame so bits missing is only a small thing and I'm sure they will be sorted out soon,

my lbs is saying this it strange to have something like this happen and it has never happened before,just wondering has anyone els had this prob or is it just me ? The frame was opened up in the lbs when I called in and I looked at the frame size and stem and bars to make sure they were what I ordered,all looked sound,I took it home and I opened the frame up in the spare room,very careful not to drop anything,I went over everything and found the few thing missing, it's no big deal to me but my lbs thinks this could not have happened

Cheers,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Noel,

I received my frame two weeks ago and experienced the exact same thing. I started to build it up and realized that one (of the 3) bolts used to attach the aerobar assembly together was missing. It's the longest one that goes in front from underneath. I checked the bag and the quantity said there should be three bolts where there was only two. I then checked the rest of the unopened bags and realized there were two other items that were missing. I notified my lbs and they are in the process of getting the missing items.

I was pretty surprised that anything was missing (considering how well packed everything was) let alone multiple items. My lbs said they were shocked considering it's their top-level frameset. My lbs asked me if there was a red-handled pre-set 4nm torque wrench or any carbon paste included. I did not receive any of those items, but I'm not sure if they're typically included. Anyone else receive any of those items?

I'm certainly not complaining, I'm extremely happy with the frameset so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I was all ready to order a P1. But the on the SC in the store, I could not get the elbow pads wide enough for my preferred position. I asksd if the horizontal piece that holds the pads comes in a larger size, but they said there is only one size for now. Is a larger piece in the works? I have to believe other people want a wider spacing too. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [marc111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We did get that request a number of times on the previous model. The 2014 edition goes 30mm wider. If that's not enough, you can also use the "steer stub" accessory to put a standard stem on the bike and run whatever standard bar system you want.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [sommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes same here, missing a bunch of parts actually, that long front bolt to mount the mono extension as well as the 4 bolts for attaching the arm pad cups, 2 of the bolts for attaching the speed fin and two rubber grommets for covering the front brake bolt recesses, they are shown in the drawings but are these included? I picked up my frameset unopened from the LBS and was very careful opening everything... very odd.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar problem. I ordered a size L or 58 or whatever. When I opened the box I was also missing a bunch of parts, namely the frame, seat post, front fork, bars and components and wheels. I have the long bolt to mount the mono extension so just send me everything else.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,
Just setting up the SC at the moment,for me to get the tip of bars at a max of 75cm including the di2 shifter from center of bb it looks like ill need to cut about 8cm's off the extension's,I have the s-bend extensions and there fully back on the slid of the mono,I have the low/far stem size medium frame,the measurements to the tip include the dura-ace 7900 di2 shifter and UCI include the di2 shifter as part of the aero bar extension, do I need to go for a shorter stem or do you think cutting that much off the extension's is ok ?

Cheers Noel,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you would need a shorter stem because there is only about 4cm of cut capability on the extension

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

What size stem would you recommend ? And would you have a part no ?

Thanks Noel,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
436145 is the low-near stem, but as I look at the fit chart it looks like you may still end up 5-10mm long...as the low near doesn't come back as far as the medium or high nears.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you think if I went for the straight mono extensions I'd he back more ? Will the same mono spacer work ? The stem is only the bottom part that's the stem,and ill only have to remove the front brake cable and the aero shifter cables to swap the stem,if there still only 10mm it might still work if I could take a chance by cutting a extra 10mm off,ill order the stem tomorrow anyway and see how it goes,

Thanks Noel,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your saddle is 5 cm (or more) behind the BB you can have 80 cm to tip of extensions no questions asked from next year.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
If your saddle is 5 cm (or more) behind the BB you can have 80 cm to tip of extensions no questions asked from next year.

Hi MTM,

That's great,That's me sorted,could you post a link to where you seen that if you don't mind,

Thanks Noel,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next