Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [brewerbry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone willing to share what kind of price they got on a 2014 SC 9 series with DI2? Considering upgrading at some point and just curious what kind of prices people are getting them for.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl,I hope to have a date of delivery today and final price of the frameset from my lbs,I might just come back to you with my bike set up later to check size,at the moment I had to fit a adjustable stem to get the bontrager RXL carbon aero bars down on my SC7 so I might need the smaller size in the 9.9,

Thanks Noel,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl... Or anyone,
My LBS which is 100 miles away is having trouble finding a spot to mount battery on my 14 SC. Anybody know where to mount and if any additional equipment is required. Quick response would be helpful as they're already staying late Just for me. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [jgarza22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
External battery mounts to uci legal rear brake cover (pn in one of the 2014 sc threads...I'm not near my computer right now), internal uses bracket to hang under seatpost on 9srs bikes...pn already on st as above.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uci cover W327327 , and uses same rail included in the old SC Di2 rbr cover kit 422802

9srs seatpost battery bracket w332400

internal only applicable to Shimano BTR2 battery

Campy EPS also uses uci rear brake cover, and requires a dedicated bracket which doesn't have a PN yet...in case you're going that route

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Aug 16, 13 17:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

Is there only one type of extensions for the 2014 SC? Do you know if there is an s-bend version or flat version?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picking up my 2014 Speed Concept today, three weeks earlier than anticipated!

I decided to go with the all black color scheme and chose the UCI legal version to keep all of my options open.

I purchased it from the same Trek store where I'll be taking a Vision Quest racing class tonight, so my first official ride on it will be on a trainer. Sad but true.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,
will the new speed concepts have clearance for Hed JET wheels(23mm rim width)? Thanks!
Joe
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [olbmtb52] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
olbmtb52 wrote:
Carl,
will the new speed concepts have clearance for Hed JET wheels(23mm rim width)? Thanks!
Joe

Yes, no problem. Same with the previous SC.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my 2014 Trek Speed Concept 9.9 Shimano 9070 Di2 bike yesterday

http://www.flickr.com/...s/72157635900069236/

The neat thing was hooking it up to the computer and updating the software and making adjustments (see pics for E-tubes software). The front derailleur shifted into the small gear with the up button, so i swapped that around with the software. I also make the rear shifting faster when holding down the shifter button. The disc wheel is super close to the rear derailleur, so that took some time to fine tune. I also adjusted the derailleur hanger as it was a bit off-alignment. The brake pads were a real PITA to change.

Also, i was concerned that my 10 speed quarq SRAM red chain rings would not work with 11 speed Di2. It turned out to not be an issue at all, the front shifting is great.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [gte534j] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My biggest complaints are...

I have nowhere to put my Di2 control box thingie. I run the low-far stem with the lowest riser so there's no room to put it anywhere around the stem or bars. I ended up putting in a DSW bento box I used on the previous SC. Looks a little ghetto but it works. Less than ideal though. Anyone using a low-far or low-near stem is going to have an issue with the control box placement.

No BTA hydration solution yet. I bought the Speedfil Z4 to give that a try but it doesn't work without the Bontrager mount plate (not yet available) to make any cage screw into the holes in the aerobar. I tried securing it with zip ties but that doesn't work for shit with the way the new SC aerobars are designed. No big concern right now but I'm hoping the Bontrager BTA setup will be available for sale before IMFL.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a medium far stem and this is how my Junction A box was mounted:
http://www.flickr.com/...nspivack/9943659673/
is there not that space for your stem?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here it is on a low-far...and it probably could've gone up on the back of the mono as well, using the external mount strap that Shimano supplies.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here are some close up pictures of how i mounted the junction A box:
http://www.flickr.com/...nspivack/9957758616/
http://www.flickr.com/...nspivack/9957758946/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gte534j wrote:
here are some close up pictures of how i mounted the junction A box:
http://www.flickr.com/...nspivack/9957758616/
http://www.flickr.com/...nspivack/9957758946/

Wait... why doesn't my cover have holes in it? That would solve part of the problem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
because you did not drill them yet :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gte534j wrote:

Fair enough.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:
gte534j wrote:

Fair enough.

It looks like you also cut open the front of the cover more. Am I correct?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, modify the cover as you see fit so everything will fit in there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we designed an electrical box "knock-out" feature into the front of the cover as a guide for the cut you see. you should also see four thin-wall spots inside the top of the cover...similar to the knock-out groove...as drill guides for zipties.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [DeejayRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re: the bar tape. I do not like how my base bars are parallel with the ground. My old base bars used to curve up a bit so it would prevent me from slipping forward. I solved this issue by adding a foam wedge that i taped right behind the brake levers. Then i put the bar tape over it. The bar tape would not hold in place well due to the foam wedge, so i used a little super glue on the overlapped areas to hold the tape in place. Works great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl, can you confirm when the 2pack will be available and if the new SC fork will be made available as an individual product by any chance?
Quote Reply

Prev Next