Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [paulbanday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck running non shimano power cranks on their DI2 2014 SCs (specifically what chain rings and crank). I purchased a rotor 3d p2m with BOR chainrings and to be honest it just isn't working. The chainline is very dirty making shifting unpleasant and I am very close to selling the P2M and moving to a stages (SRM is out of my price range). When I put on the stock ultegra 6800 crank it shifts like a dream. Disclaimer - I don't blame trek or P2M on this, it just doesn't look like it is going to work. Does anyone have any feedback on this?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [paulbanday] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Paul!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [jph437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running a Quarq Riken with Praxis Works rings. Shifts very nearly as well as the Ultegra it came with. I think a few more micro-adjustments and it'll be perfect. Of note, it seems anything you try with the Ultegra Di2, you're going to get a bit of rub in the two smallest cogs while in your small ring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Rotor Quarq on my speed concept and haven't had any major issues with getting it to shift smoothly.

Is the chain rubbing on the front derailleur cage while you pedal? Or does the chain appear to be at a more exteme angle with the Rotor P2M on there? Are the rings the same number of teeth on both cranks?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just hoping for some advice... I had a 2011 Speed Concept 9.9 and was hit by a car on the weekend. Bike has several cracks in it and so will be written off. Was advised by the Trek shop where I purchased it that it is a 2-3 month wait for a new 9.9 (XL). I have Ironman Melbourne is four weeks and am now looking for some alternatives. Does anyone else know what bikes are similar in fit to an XL SC? I am 197cm and am very comfortable on my old bike - but don't really want to do an Ironman on a road bike (which is really my only choice if I want a new Trek).
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [officespaced] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The chain appears to be at more of an extreme angle with the rotor p2m on it. Rings on the rotor are 50/34 where as the stock 6800 rings are 52/36. What brand of chain are you running?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [lmbasell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lmbasell wrote:
Just hoping for some advice... I had a 2011 Speed Concept 9.9 and was hit by a car on the weekend. Bike has several cracks in it and so will be written off. Was advised by the Trek shop where I purchased it that it is a 2-3 month wait for a new 9.9 (XL). I have Ironman Melbourne is four weeks and am now looking for some alternatives. Does anyone else know what bikes are similar in fit to an XL SC? I am 197cm and am very comfortable on my old bike - but don't really want to do an Ironman on a road bike (which is really my only choice if I want a new Trek).

Damn that suck Dude! Hope your all right??

Id Suggest XL Shiv,possibly a L maybe or a Cervelo P5 in the 61!

Very Close to stack and reach Measurements of the XL SC.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/stackreach/ - Check it out here as you can see the Measurements of your 9.9!

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Magma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi - thanks heaps. I struggle with the look of the SHIV - but do like the look of the P5 - hopefully the wait list isn't as long...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lmbasell wrote:
Hi - thanks heaps. I struggle with the look of the SHIV - but do like the look of the P5 - hopefully the wait list isn't as long...

The only Struggle is what it looks like in photos!

You can't see what bike your on when your riding it!!

I don't own a Shiv either.

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Magma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So True - but I still need to look at it in the garage... I always thought the Trek looked good - I just can't get over the drink bottle thickness......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lmbasell wrote:
So True - but I still need to look at it in the garage... I always thought the Trek looked good - I just can't get over the drink bottle thickness......

Agree, but the Shiv TT model looks pretty Shmicko!

Perfect for you!!! ( Not mine Just on My watch list on Gumtree! )

http://www.gumtree.com.au/...ized-shiv/1035645315

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using a KMC X11 SL with the stock 53/39 rotor no q rings (non-aero). Mine shift ok but they are the non aero version that isn't that stiff.

There are a few different things that could be causing the poor shifting.

The chain might be slightly too long. I just put a new chain on mine and it was making a lot of noise / shifting poorly. Part of the problem was that I was playing around with a 11/32 cassette instead of my standard 11/28. When I swapped back the 11/28, I was still having problems until I shortened the chain to the correct lenght. The 11 spd chain looks to have a more extreme angle than 10 spd. When the chain was too long I was having issues with the chain hanging up on the top of the chainrings.

The front derailleur might be higher than the shimano recommended height since you switched to a 50/34 from a 52/36.

The product page on the P2M website says that the rings were designed for Di2 use but the don't look as stiff as the Praxis option or the stock ultegra rings. The rings might be flexing a little when you are upshifting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you have any luck with the 11/32? I was told by Trek that angle wouldn't allow it, even if I went with the Ultegra Di2 long cage.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [vicmasters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I didn't. The angle was too extreme. I had the b tension screw set so that the upper pulley would clear the 32t cog. The chain was long enough but the front chainrings didn't like the angle and it was crunchy in the 28 and 32t cogs when in the large chainring.

It was fine in the small ring but the chain was too long once the chain got to the 2 smallest cogs. I probably could have played around with the chain lenght some more but it wasn't really worth it.

Set up used was a 1st gen speed concept 9.9, rotor quarq 53/39, 9070 Di2 rear derailleur, Ultegra 6800 11-32 cassette (11spd), KMC X11SL.

I have been able to make an 11-32 10 spd cassette work on my CX/gravel bike

Setup was a Raleigh RXC disc,Shimano CX70 cranks 46/38 6770 Di2 rear derailleur (short cage), Sram XX 11-32 cassette, KMC X10SL chain.

I think the difference in the two is that my CX bike has a 135mm rear end and 10spd might have fewer issues with extreme chain lines.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://oi60.tinypic.com/2j122c8.jpg
Carl, got everything situated with LBS. thx for your help. You're invaluable! Love my new 9.9 and can't believe how much better the ride quality is compared to my previous Gen 1 bike. Plus the Di2 is better than I'd hoped it would be. Kudos to Trek for improving the breed.

Primum Non Nocere, except to Kempy!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Jeff B.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received my 7.5 (stock) a couple of weeks ago and subsequently discovered that some time trials I want to engage this season have rule language barring fairings. If the speedfin is considered a fairing, I am wondering if it is easily removable and whether that compromises braking. If so, can I obtain the UCI legal modification part for my 7.5. Thank you (just joined).
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [trekker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, you do need a rear brake cover for proper brake function ...the UCI legal rear brake cover part number is W327327

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl wrote:
congrats on the AG win! I can't wait for the roads around here to get cleaned off so I can go ride fast again.

and yes, you got it exactly right on the bottle cage mount...if you can handle being 5mm lower at the pads, removing the spacer under the pad wing will give you the clearance you need (and, really, it'll be a cleaner installation overall vs spacing the rail up).

Thanks, did exactly that. Last race 46km hillie tt, more up hill than down. Went from a 36 kph to a 39kph average pb. Spacer or the bike? ha ha
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Sub11Hours] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sub11Hours wrote:
My BTA bottle actually came with 2 small spacers so if you are running the spacer under the aerobar mono-extension you use the spacers otherwise you don't. I'm in canada though and just purchased the bottle cage separately through my dealer.

Thanks I found them, they were actually quiet well hidden. In the end I just removed the spacer under the pad extension thingo.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [LzBones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a quarq cinqo 975 gxp power meter cranks. I'm going to replace them with a newer quarq crank set. I have dura ace 7900 everywhere else. I think my option is elsa - I am right in thinking red wont be compatible (I guess this is not actually a trek sc question) ?. So, specifically to the trek, should I use this as an opportunity to move from the gxp bottom bracket to another type? Is any bb better than another on this bike? If not, the quarq site mentions a gxp or gxp press fit - which one would be compatible with the gxp trek bottom bracket I currently have?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [LzBones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A GXP-compatible crank will work with the GXP BB you already have. The press-fit modifier concerns BB-to-frame compatibility, not BB-to-crank compatibility. Put another way: there are a lot of GXP BB versions to suit different ways of mounting them in a frame: threaded, press-fit (where the bearings are already in separate cups), direct fit (like BB90 where the cups are molded into the frame), etc. A GXP crank will fit in all of them.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, is the 2-pack Aero going to be available as a standalone product? I've searched a few times over the last few months but can't seem to find any information beyond the initial launch.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's the plan but I don't have an ETA right now , sorry

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2014 SC 7.5 with Flo 60/90 wheels and Wheelbuilder wheel-cover. DuoTrap is tight with the wheel-cover but still fits without issue. Can't wait to get it out on the road once the roads clear up!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The front was adjusted to take into account the varying heights so i don't think that is it. I think you may be correct on the BOR rings having too much flex (probably from my incredible power output *ok, that part is not true*)

The guys from P2M are sending me a set of praxxis works chain rings to see if they will work better. Major props to them for outstanding customer service. These guys stand behind their stuff.
Quote Reply

Prev Next