Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl, your silence on the 2-Pac bottle carrier suggests it's nowhere near production let alone bringing to market....is that the case? Just want to know either way as season is starting for me and want to lock down my hydration setup. Many thanks.....
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure I've answered questions about the 2-pack (including this one) as honestly as I can every time they're asked...sorry if I missed one and you took that as "silence".

I still don't have a date for you. Sucks for me too.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Chris-

My sources tell me UK backorders are fulfilled from our Netherlands warehouse every Monday. There was one such backorder for this stem kit placed by a dealer last Monday, and I hear it'll be in the UK sometime next week.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

Not sure if you can tell, or even if you can answer, but did this dealer happen to be based in Kingston Upon Thames?

Thanks,

Chris

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on your username, the guys looking into it seemed to think this was for you.

ETA: if it's not for you, they did confirm there were a few such stem kits in inventory from that same warehouse, so if your dealer hasn't already ordered one, they could.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Mar 10, 14 8:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks

Will give them a poke and see where they are.

Cheers

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by keeeeez [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl

My stem cover that hides the cables behind the basebar popped off on my last ride (I think I over-tourqued it). Is there a Dexter PN to get a replacement?

thanks!

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [jbird2131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes there is...depends on which stem you're running. looks like you've got a medium-near? in any case, here are all of them:

W326769 low near
W326770 low far
W326771 medium near
W326772 medium far
W326773 high near
W326774 high far

it's a good idea to make sure your housing isn't cut too short too...not unlike on the old bike...if there's no slack (like maybe 5cm excess) to push back into the frame when the bars are pointed straight ahead, things will get tight really quickly when the bars are turned. not so much when riding, as steering angles aren't normally that severe, but certainly when laying the bike in the back of the car for example.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl

Yes, I run a med-near. Thanks so much for looking into this for me. You're a legend!

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [jbird2131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Hi all,

My SC P1, thanks Carl for the suggestion stem which very similar with my pervious SC setting.
Nice ride since last Dec, but still awaiting for S-bend extension as LBS order the wrong one for me.

Best regards

Last edited by: pkent: Mar 16, 14 19:59
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [gte534j] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gte534j wrote:
Jeff B. wrote:
Hey Carl, quick question. Just tried my Super 9 CC on my new SC 9.9 and the rear derailleur is frighteningly close to the surface of the disc when in the lowest (Highest numerically) gear. You can see daylight but just barely. LBS feels it won't be an issue while racing but I just don't want to scar a $2300 wheel.
Any thoughts? Opinions? Prior experience?
Thx in advance. Jeff

same setup, Shimano DA Di2 RD + Zipp Super9 CC on my 2014 Speed Concept 9.9. The RD is very close to the disc when in the largest rear gear and the small front ring. I can get the disc to rub slightly if i am standing and going hard up a hill. If you are cross chained (big/big) then the cross chaining will pull out the bottom of the RD a bit more so the disc will not be quite so close.
I have considered putting a small 1mm spacer in between the cassette to space it out as i think that will help. I have not done it yet but it looks like it should work and the chain would not hit the frame in the small rear cog.
Ian
just tried to add a 1mm spacer between the 11 speed dura ace cassette on my super 9 cc zipp and the cassette lock ring rubbed against the dropouts. I guess we will just have to live with the DA Di2 RD being very close to the super 9 cc wheel when in the granny gear combo.
Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just an FYI - for those who are ordering via P1 in the Philadelphia, PA area the total time from order to delivery was 45 days (size Small). The original estimate was 37-51 days. My wife's bike arrived within 30 days with a 37-51 day estimate (size XS). P1 delivery times appear to currently be meeting or exceeding expectations in our area. Just wanted to share our purchase experience. Best of luck to everyone with their SC's!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else have problems with the speed box top popping off? I can have it closed/latched all the way and I hit a small bump and it pops open. It's not user error, I had someone else close it on my last ride and it still popped open when I hit a bump. Happens almost every ride. It is an issue or is it just mine that is faulty?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure it is a common problem. Either in this thread or the other SC thread someone posted a fix. I believe they used some thin plastic/acrylic glass which they cut into a small square and then glued to the tab onto which the lid latches. No personal experience, just remembered seeing that posted.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [JTolandTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll look into something like that. I'm glad to know it really wasn't user error.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is definitely not a user error. Mine was doing the exact same thing. I'd ride for hours without an incident and then hit some small bump and the lid would come off. Or worse, look down at some point along my ride and see the lid flopping around attached by the string. I've pretty much solved the problem by using two pieces of black electrical tape at the seams on each side. I use the box as a flat kit only and rarely ever have flats so it really is a non-issue.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [sommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That seems easy enough. I'll try that.

it's kind of funny because when I picked up the bike they told me that the speed box had changed and now it's much easier to open. On my first ride I got home and noticed the top just hanging on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would anyone happen to have any photos of how they have their garmin mount attached to the 2014 SC bta cage?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [jph437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jph437 wrote:
Would anyone happen to have any photos of how they have their garmin mount attached to the 2014 SC bta cage?

Here's a couple of pics of my setup. Used this at IMAZ and IMNZ:

just some pvc and zip ties.

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [owtbac86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barfly! It works perfectly. I used the Bontrager cage mount but it's too far back for my taste and it sits up in the wind. The Barfly puts the Garmin in a great spot. It's easy to see even with a BTA bottle and my hands fit above nicely.

Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Thecipollinis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on the barfly, at least with the ergo extensions. It fits perfectly and there is no wiggle. I could only get it to work with my Edge 800 though, for some reason the 910XT wouldn't engage.

I'm using the base that came with the Bontrager cage, but not the cage itself. Instead I've got an Xlab torpedo and the cage it came with mounted. It works great with the edge and barfly. Pictures after this weekend's race.

Harry
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [xthulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you all for the pictures!!!

Question on the bar fly, do you have any issues getting to the buttons on the 500?
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [xthulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xthulu wrote:
x2 on the barfly, at least with the ergo extensions. It fits perfectly and there is no wiggle. I could only get it to work with my Edge 800 though, for some reason the 910XT wouldn't engage.

I'm using the base that came with the Bontrager cage, but not the cage itself. Instead I've got an Xlab torpedo and the cage it came with mounted. It works great with the edge and barfly. Pictures after this weekend's race.

Harry

I just picked up my 7.5 last night (YAY) and I'm a little confused on how the xlab fits - do I need the base from the Bontrager cage to mount an xlab system properly?

THANKS!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [jph437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem reaching the buttons. There's plenty of room between the computer and the bars.
Quote Reply

Prev Next