Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl

I have new chain rings, but they require to mount an adaptor on the front derailleur.

http://provalbike.com/...7271_806485665_n.jpg

Do you see any problems using this adaptor in combination with Di2?
Last edited by: Nic.Run: Feb 26, 14 14:34
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [brooks5656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any issues with the wheel covers clearing the frame? There has been some previous discussion about the SC and clearance issues.
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Nic.Run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shimano recommends you stabilize the fd by driving in a dedicated setscrew until it touches a small plate they also supply to stick to the frame. Looks like that adapter might push the fd out beyond the frame. It also increases the moment arm between the hanger and the cage, which may in turn increase unwanted deflection when you upshift to the big ring. Guess you won't know until you try.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [f18guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no change from the old bike to the new in this respect ...some combinations work some don't , and you can increase your chances of success by using the other people use...tape from the inside of the cover, taping cover on instead of using the supplied fasteners, etc.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

with all of my bikes running 10 speed Shimano shifting and a disc wheel that is unable to accept 11speed cassettes I am looking to install a DA/Ultegra 10-speed group on my 2014 SC. I understand that your 2014 Di2 equipped models come with the new internal DA 9000 Di2 battery. If I now wanted to install a 10speed Ultegra Di2 - where would I have to place the external battery? This all assumes that I am correct in thinking that a 10speed Di2 does not work with the internal battery.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

When you mention taping the covers, are you installing the drive side first and securing the wheel cover by taping around the inside edge of the cover to the inside edge of the wheel? Then with the non drive side, are you taping from the outside?

Also, what are the overall length differences between the short and long ergo grip mono extensions, and what measurements should I pull from my old bike to determine which one I should order.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [hazelman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could run the internal battery. The only road Di2 system it's not compatible with is the original DuraAce Di2 (797x series).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that sounds sweet! Thanks Tim
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [f18guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everybody does tape differently, and it may not always be necessary to do things like the tape-from-inside trick. I actually never use that one myself. I simply tape from the outside, along the perimeter of the cover. The point of the inside work is to pull the cover to the spokes by running tape across some spoke intersections...like the last pic in this set.

The long and short ergos are 40mm different. Here's a few notes on when you might choose one over the other.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, I was wondering if I can purchase the speed fin w326750 separately and install it on a 2011 Speed Concept 7.0?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [cru ss n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not compatible, sorry

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My local shop does not have any 9.9 SC in stock. I was wondering if you had a rough idea as to what an order/ship time would be? I only ask because I can go and investigate a few other shops nearby that may have them on the floor...but I would rather do business with the more "local" shop...just not if it will take 2 months.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your answer Carl.
I will try it out.

I have another question.
I will change the stem and when I disassembled the the required parts, I found out that the guide tube which should be placed inside the brake ferrule, is missing. I did not found the part number in the service manual.
Do you have the part number for that guide tube?

Nic
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Bogusdogs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howdy-

I'm really not comfortable quoting leadtimes...because there's so much about them which we don't control. Some of those things are at the dealer end (like how long it takes any given bike to go from their receiving dock to the shop floor). Since your dealer is accessing the same system I am to look up leadtimes anyway, you're better off asking them...they can give you a much more realistic answer than I can. Along the way, you might find that one of those dealers has some on the floor.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Nic.Run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As best I can tell, it's not available separately...should come with the ferrule w327798...you could also try running without it...it mainly serves to reduce friction, but I've been running with and without one and have a hard time telling the difference.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I had no problems so far without. Will stay without or ask my LBS whether he has one to spare.

Thank you!

Nic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Carl, quick question. Just tried my Super 9 CC on my new SC 9.9 and the rear derailleur is frighteningly close to the surface of the disc when in the lowest (Highest numerically) gear. You can see daylight but just barely. LBS feels it won't be an issue while racing but I just don't want to scar a $2300 wheel.
Any thoughts? Opinions? Prior experience?
Thx in advance. Jeff

Primum Non Nocere, except to Kempy!
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [Jeff B.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we've been running that disc on that bike in the tunnel for almost a year now with no issues. clearance vs deflection issues would be more likely to happen out by the duotrap sensor anyway.

if you want a little more peace of mind , there's nothing stopping you from putting a cassette spacer (1mm or so) behind your cluster and adjusting the derailleur limits accordingly.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very good, thx again!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff B. wrote:
Hey Carl, quick question. Just tried my Super 9 CC on my new SC 9.9 and the rear derailleur is frighteningly close to the surface of the disc when in the lowest (Highest numerically) gear. You can see daylight but just barely. LBS feels it won't be an issue while racing but I just don't want to scar a $2300 wheel.
Thx in advance. Jeff

Just ran my super 9 cc on my 2014 at IMNZ today. No issues with clearance, even with the chipseal shaking everything up.

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [owtbac86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know. Thx

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff B. wrote:
Thx in advance. Jeff

Only problem Ive had with my super 9 and the trek is going to fast! Ha Ha, no issues for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,

I have been trying to source a low far stem and cover for my SC in the UK with no luck. According to LBS there are none in the UK available and they are unable to tell me when they will be in stock.

Do you happen to know any other way I can source this. I am looking to try the low far with a view to using this for shorter races and would like to get used to it as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Chris

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeff B. wrote:
Thx in advance. Jeff
same setup, Shimano DA Di2 RD + Zipp Super9 CC on my 2014 Speed Concept 9.9. The RD is very close to the disc when in the largest rear gear and the small front ring. I can get the disc to rub slightly if i am standing and going hard up a hill. If you are cross chained (big/big) then the cross chaining will pull out the bottom of the RD a bit more so the disc will not be quite so close.
I have considered putting a small 1mm spacer in between the cassette to space it out as i think that will help. I have not done it yet but it looks like it should work and the chain would not hit the frame in the small rear cog.
Ian
Quote Reply
Re: 2014 Speed Concept? [gte534j] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thx, will ask LBS if that is worth a try

Quote Reply

Prev Next